Visual Novels

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Default Visual Novels

So, I've recently picked up the Clannad Visual Novel, and I've got to say it's pretty fun :P I just now accomplished what is probably the easiest path in the game. That is, I made Nagisa my girlfriend.

I've never watched the anime, and I don't plan to until I've played the shit out of this. So I'm not sure what to expect.

Anyways, you guys know of any other good Visual Novels/Dating Sims that would be fun to try out? Also, what are your thoughts on the Clannad VN?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 87

Best visual novel I know is the Ace attorney serie, it's funny and it has a pretty good storyline, gameplay's not too bad either.
    The only downside is that its a DS game, buuutttt there are always emulators if you don't have a DS

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 140

As far as dating sims go, Snow Sakura is my favourite. Sure it's an eroge, but the story and characters are really good, and it doesn't really focus on the sex scenes THAT much (atleast when compared to lots of other VNs).

Kira Kira is also great, though it's long as shit. Getting the real ending route is a pain when ya have to go through every single route before it's unlocked. Took me like 40h+, and that was when skipping already read parts. Also, one of the routes is depressing as ****.
    Last edited by Thas; 07-15-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Drink cactus juice, it'll quench ya! Nothiiiing's quenchier! IT'S THE QUENCHIEST!

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Fate Stay Night is good, though it has some hentai scenes =_=

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 34

i just finished a free VN called "Juniper's Knot" i enjoyed it (no h scenes)
    also im going to check out katawa shoujo (that's also free) when i get some time to put into it (some H i hear) (edit: the game has a option select to disable the H scenes)

and i've been looking at Ever 17: The Out of Infinity (no h, but supposedly the story is very good)
    Last edited by chris183; 07-29-2012 at 03:49 PM.