Thread: Why did Swtor disappoint and.. Why did WoW players go to Rift..?

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 106

Default Why did Swtor disappoint and.. Why did WoW players go to Rift..?

This came up in another forums discussion and i think swtor and Rift are both p2p.

1) Wasn't Star Wars The Old Republic a much anticipated mmo title? What happened to it? Why did it disappoint and where is it now....?

2) Someone said many WoW players went to Rift online. Why do you think this happened...?
    Because I played a bit of Rift and didn't see anything special in it, especially when compared to the deep magic of WoW?

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

1. SWTOR failed to deliver. They promised it to be story based but if you were on a team your teammates could vote for the story to go the wrong way. It wasn't the omgwtfbbq industry changing game people expected.
    2. Rift has a wonderful rich story. It isn't just a dungeon grindfest. Though it can be if that is the way you want to go. Plus they have the most aggressive update schedule of any MMO. So not only is the world always changing there are also always events to enjoy.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 35

I hate swtor cos i feel ripped off by it, especially for the 80 euro i paid for it. But the fact your team could change the course of general quests is awesome and the only redeeming point of this game. It's the only thing that has the illusion of breaking the linearity of this mmo. The main story quest could not be changed by the people that tagged along, they can only watch and help you if needed. Only the fed ex quests and dungeon had some interactivity. Some crafting skill could be even used to finish a dungeon. But all this is moot when no one groups just for grouping and socializing. Or a very few ones. Then comes the realization that this illusion of choice is way too obvious and annoying on the long run. You will hear the same answer from your toon over and over again.
    Bioware should have forced it's players to group, maybe then i would still play it.