Phantasy Star Online 2 In U.S. And Europe To Share The Same Server

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Keyboard Warrior Reputation: 168

Yeah if they're going to share the same server... which continent is it going to be located on?

One region is going to get the shorter end of the stick.

Everytime I post, I think Murph is about to BROFIST me. -- Loric
    Last.fm
    Hey Raiyne

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyne View Post
    Yeah if they're going to share the same server... which continent is it going to be located on?

One region is going to get the shorter end of the stick.
    we will have to meet in the middle

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

finally was waiting for it for a good while now

Destroy the unworthy that don't appreciate the life that was given to them

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 186

Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    Yeah but, it's not connected with the Japanese server.
    Wouldn't affect most people considering how xenophobic some jp players are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelia View Post
    Am I the only one worried by this?

As much as I like playing on populated servers, I can't help but wonder about latency issues. It's not that much of a problem when it's another WoW Clone, but a PSO game? How's the lag on Japanese servers for you guys in comparison?

I swear, if it's gonna be another LaTale/iRO/DragonNestSEA for me (as in, a lagfest)... Then Q_Q.
    The jp servers really aren't that laggy except during high population times and when you're downloading/patching.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

DragonNest SEA is actually quite playable from Eurupe. Yes there is a latency to your actions and the damage applied but within a few days you get used to it and already react based on your latency (dodge earlier etc.).

LaTale was a huge problem because you couldn't run+jump+grab a ladder if your latency exceeded a certain amount, which effectively cut you off from whole regions of the game.

FFXI and Phantasy Star Online always had all their servers in Japan afaik and latency wasn't such a huge problem in them.

And just so you know Phantasy Star Online 2 while being F2P, is strongly limited for a free player. You can't trade for example without subscribing. So it's more of an optional subscriptions payment model that many "P2P goes F2P" MMORPGs use these days.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 225

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    And just so you know Phantasy Star Online 2 while being F2P, is strongly limited for a free player. You can't trade for example without subscribing. So it's more of an optional subscriptions payment model that many "P2P goes F2P" MMORPGs use these days.
    not as limited as psu was. you can do everything, but to get a second skill tree, new mag or myshop license, you have to pay. you can still use the 'auction house', which is the most important thing. trading is meh, you can live without.

also pso2 is setup so that fighting is completely client based, so there's no delay what so ever.

there's a wolf in my heart

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 22

It's a good thing that we will be sharing servers, because it will be that much easier for Sega to pull the plug on everything except Japan! Seriously, I've always liked the Phantasy Star series, but I'm gonna have to be mad or something if they abandon the servers again.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 22

At least when they abandoned the PSO:BB servers they gave them to schthack so that they could keep them going for the players. I don't know too many companies who just give away their games so that people they aren't interested in supporting anymore can keep playing.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by sutasafaia View Post
    At least when they abandoned the PSO:BB servers they gave them to schthack so that they could keep them going for the players. I don't know too many companies who just give away their games so that people they aren't interested in supporting anymore can keep playing.
    Yeah, that was definitely a pretty cool move. I thought they didn't give anything away though and instead just decided to not take any action against the server. Didn't Schthack still have to crack the game themselves? Anyway, I was just referring to Sega making the JP Phantasy Star Universe free to play while shutting down all other servers except Xbox 360.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Twist3d1 View Post
    Yeah, that was definitely a pretty cool move. I thought they didn't give anything away though and instead just decided to not take any action against the server. Didn't Schthack still have to crack the game themselves? Anyway, I was just referring to Sega making the JP Phantasy Star Universe free to play while shutting down all other servers except Xbox 360.
    I believe he had to crack them at first, but afterwards he actually got an official sanction from Sega or something like that. He has the actual information about that somewhere, either on the main website or in the forums, but I am honestly way too lazy to go digging for it. All I know for sure is that his server is considered legit in Sega's eyes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast