Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkblood, Open beta starts tonnight!

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Definitely don't down the game until you've played it. It plays pretty well.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 52

Quote Originally Posted by ItsWind View Post
    Lol what? There's only 12 hours of content?
    Indeed. A Open Beta with this amount of content is just plain wrong. Better have a stamina system then.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 64

It is kind of wrong....It just depends on how quick they will update it.
    I can see this being another fists of fu....

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 18

Game looks like c9 in a 2d version.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    It is kind of wrong....It just depends on how quick they will update it.
    I can see this being another fists of fu....
    The game is actually fun though. But I understand where you're coming from. I want to see more from this game. I hope it gets updated frequently.

One thing I dislike about the game is how polished it isn't. Has anyone noticed the brevity of the item and monster names? I know I have. I think they'll need to especially work on that. It's one thing to deliver so little content in their beta, but the fact that they gave us excessively unpolished content makes it worse. You'd think the quality would be better with such a small amount of content, even if it is beta.

At least the game is fun. I'm still playing it with a few friends.

EDIT:

On a side note, this game will also run on computers with integrated chipsets. Though the site says it requires a minimum of 128MB of VRAM on your graphics card, I still feel some of the older 64MB chipsets for laptops and such won't have a problem running this game. This will open up the game to even more people. I'm finding a lot of low income PC gamers are sticking to their older games because they don't have the money to keep up with the constantly growing technology. I think if this aspect becomes known, you could see a lot of the low income PC gamers demographic shifting to this game if it shows some monetary success.
    Last edited by Genostar10; 07-20-2012 at 11:29 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

I am having an impossible luck now. Farming with guild mates Burning Naturum Unique and I got 2 Mythic items already(one is a bow which I priced 5 million AR at the moment. Seems appropriate but I may lower to 4 million but no less than that. The second one is a hunters cape for 2.7 million AR at the moment. Additional effects make the price seem more than fair as 2.7 million isn't that hard to get but it still does require a little effort to get that kind of money) and 5 Demon Flare Symbols which I imagine would sell around 750k each once they fix crafting.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 22

The game is pretty fun, but it's too easy compared to other similar games. I just get the feeling that it's a DFO clone with minimal effort on both the developer and publisher side of things. Wouldn't it be better to just play DFO since Darkblood is the exact same, but with less content? The only advantages Darkblood has are the higher resolutions and 3D graphics. It's probably also worth noting that Darkblood has a stamina system and DFO doesn't anymore.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

I wanna play but... the gamepad sorta screwed me over. I used XPadder in CBT and now when I use it it doesnt work since theres config ingame and you can't disable it AFAIK. When I can be bothered toying with the config ill start to play but idk when that will be :/

Second daily cap hit, weekly cap hit. Time to lay off a little I suppose...maybe...nah!
    The game is too good. I don't know how long this charming spell of this game will last on me but I sure am enjoying the hell out of it.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 23

For me DFO has been around for too long. Tired of playing it. And I have been looking for a replacement for it for a while. For now this is good enough.

I am taking it slow. About to hit level 10.

Info on Facebook

Remember there's a massive content drop next week and level cap raise
    Last edited by ErickDamon; 07-21-2012 at 03:37 AM.

Thanks Seya!

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 64

Quote Originally Posted by Twist3d1 View Post
    The game is pretty fun, but it's too easy compared to other similar games. I just get the feeling that it's a DFO clone with minimal effort on both the developer and publisher side of things. Wouldn't it be better to just play DFO since Darkblood is the exact same, but with less content? The only advantages Darkblood has are the higher resolutions and 3D graphics. It's probably also worth noting that Darkblood has a stamina system and DFO doesn't anymore.
    You seem to think everyone here is from the USA..not everyone can play and not everyone wants to proxy(too much effort/lag for little gain).

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 834

gonna give it a shot. glad it doesnt use a shitty pando downloader :P

Quote Originally Posted by ErickDamon View Post
    For me DFO has been around for too long. Tired of playing it. And I have been looking for a replacement for it for a while. For now this is good enough.

I am taking it slow. About to hit level 10.

Info on Facebook
    That's really good. Just hoped they would do it next week or the week after it. I suppose that's when they will also fix crafting finally since one of the GMs said that they are fixing crafting and a lot of other bugs in the next patch.

I doubt it will happen in the next content drop but there has been a Thief NPC appearing once in a while in the town, the name was in Korean, untranslated and also a Pet Master. So I assume we can expect Thief class soon and some sort of pets.

Got my gathering to 200/200. Sadly you need lvl 25 to level it up to 2nd level. But at least I got loads of materials ready to craft potions.

Just Trolls.

Last edited by marcipaans; 07-21-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

By the way, don't start overpricing items. No one will buy them since official release is in a few days. Level cap will probably go to max, which is 50 I think, making any awesome gear you have now neglectable. The only real things worth selling for at high prices are rare materials and avatar items.

Anyway, this game's a lot of fun... But I get random crashes at bosses sometimes. Right after I kill them, it freezes when it's supposed to do that final hit gray screen animation. And then it just says disconnected. I lost a Mythic bow cause the game froze and I couldn't pick it up -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Skize View Post
    By the way, don't start overpricing items. No one will buy them since official release is in a few days. Level cap will probably go to max, which is 50 I think, making any awesome gear you have now neglectable. The only real things worth selling for at high prices are rare materials and avatar items.

Anyway, this game's a lot of fun... But I get random crashes at bosses sometimes. Right after I kill them, it freezes when it's supposed to do that final hit gray screen animation. And then it just says disconnected. I lost a Mythic bow cause the game froze and I couldn't pick it up -.-
    Meh...people are still buying items when overpriced a little. I feel like I've priced Mythic items fairly well for the current situation, will see how it goes with the patch and then I'll just adjust prices accordingly to the situation. Hate the fact that you can sell only 5 items at once, full Auction house and 5-6 items sitting in inventory waiting to be sold. Also waiting to see how much you need to create a Demon Flare Symbol as I got 11 Demon Flare Symbol Fragments and 3 Symbols. Here is hoping they are used a lot in crafting because then that item will be a jackpot for me. I know that these lvl 20 Mythic items aren't as expensive as they are now. But at this very moment they can be possibly sold for 1.5-2.5 million a piece.

A tip when farming items. Get 4 guild mates together and then go farming highest difficulty dungeons. Because then the drop rate is extremely high and a ton of items drop from mobs which increases the chances of getting rare items much faster. We found 2 Mythic items from 2 runs yesterday, a fair amount of Demon Flare Symbol Fragments and a few Rares.

And when something valuable drops you can then just trade items between yourselves.

Another important tip. If you use the input keys to activate a skill skill instead of hotkeys you will consume only 80% of the required mana for the skill. Fast evade for example. You can use a hotkey to dodge roll which will consume 100% of the required mana to use that skill or you can use the UP-UP-C,DOWN-DOWN-C command to use only 80% of the mana

Seems tedious at first but it is actually very useful once you get used to it. You will naturally be using hotkeys anyway but a lot less and save mana.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 07-22-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Was curious about the pvp, complete lagfest. Tryed 7 different games. All bad. Maybe its because im EU. I read people already begged for a EU server because of the lag. So would be pointless to play now, if they come with a EU server later.

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    Meh...people are still buying items when overpriced a little. I feel like I've priced Mythic items fairly well for the current situation, will see how it goes with the patch and then I'll just adjust prices accordingly to the situation. Hate the fact that you can sell only 5 items at once, full Auction house and 5-6 items sitting in inventory waiting to be sold. Also waiting to see how much you need to create a Demon Flare Symbol as I got 11 Demon Flare Symbol Fragments and 3 Symbols. Here is hoping they are used a lot in crafting because then that item will be a jackpot for me. I know that these lvl 20 Mythic items aren't as expensive as they are now. But at this very moment they can be possibly sold for 1.5-2.5 million a piece.

A tip when farming items. Get 4 guild mates together and then go farming highest difficulty dungeons. Because then the drop rate is extremely high and a ton of items drop from mobs which increases the chances of getting rare items much faster. We found 2 Mythic items from 2 runs yesterday, a fair amount of Demon Flare Symbol Fragments and a few Rares.

And when something valuable drops you can then just trade items between yourselves.

Another important tip. If you use the input keys to activate a skill skill instead of hotkeys you will consume only 80% of the required mana for the skill. Fast evade for example. You can use a hotkey to dodge roll which will consume 100% of the required mana to use that skill or you can use the UP-UP-C,DOWN-DOWN-C command to use only 80% of the mana

Seems tedious at first but it is actually very useful once you get used to it. You will naturally be using hotkeys anyway but a lot less and save mana.
    I learned that in one of the tips on one of the loading screens, and ever since then, I've refused to use my hotkeys to do my skills. I have them memorized on all four of my level 10+ characters (all four classes, of course). I think this makes the game more fun when you feel there's a sense of skill involved, even if it's not that difficult to memorize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    Was curious about the pvp, complete lagfest. Tryed 7 different games. All bad. Maybe its because im EU. I read people already begged for a EU server because of the lag. So would be pointless to play now, if they come with a EU server later.
    It's not the region problem. People who complain about lags from EU have a shitty internet connection or other problems related to their ISP. EU have no lags because I play from EU and in PvE they are non-existent. When the server gets crowded I do tend to notice some hiccups here and there in dungeons like mobs jumping back a little but that doesn't change your PvE experience at all.

But PvP. Now that is screwed. You either get used to that weird lagging or stop PvPing. It's not a problem of region and we certainly don't need EU server.

On another note, just finished my daily runs again, hit the cap. Made 6.1 million Ar so far, got 3 Demon Flare Symbols and a fragment, another Mythic bottom for Mages I think and a few yellows for myself and the auction house and I finally figured out a build for my PvE Paladin from Korean forums. Can't wait for that content drop.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 07-22-2012 at 07:16 PM.

PvE is smooth and no lag. I'll give it that.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 146

So... Darkblood.

Das ist gut, ja? Downloading.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 23

PvP works fine for me so far. Wish I could juggle all day like I can vs monsters haha. I want to level my mage now. So many traps.

Thanks Seya!

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 44

Are classes gender locked?
    "Should've known you'd bring me heartache, almost lovers always do.
    Never gonna change my mind, we can leave it all behind."

Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.

Narcolepsy/Somniphobia.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    It's not the region problem. People who complain about lags from EU have a shitty internet connection or other problems related to their ISP. EU have no lags because I play from EU and in PvE they are non-existent. When the server gets crowded I do tend to notice some hiccups here and there in dungeons like mobs jumping back a little but that doesn't change your PvE experience at all.

But PvP. Now that is screwed. You either get used to that weird lagging or stop PvPing. It's not a problem of region and we certainly don't need EU server.

On another note, just finished my daily runs again, hit the cap. Made 6.1 million Ar so far, got 3 Demon Flare Symbols and a fragment, another Mythic bottom for Mages I think and a few yellows for myself and the auction house and I finally figured out a build for my PvE Paladin from Korean forums. Can't wait for that content drop.
    If you're playing from EU or anywhere else not close to the US, I wouldn't PvP if I were you. Not to be racist or anything, but the only people I know that utilizes lag to their advantage are the chinese :P

By the way, any chance you found anything for Crusaders PvE-wise? I've been doing Burning Natarum Unique solo runs with only level one Strike and Upper Slash cause I don't really know what's good and I don't feel like messing up my skill build... If you haven't can you PM me a link to the korean forums you were looking at?

No. Maybe I was too focused finding Paladin threads or the google translator didn't even translate the class name correctly but I don't think I even saw any threads about Crusader. Go check it out yourself. Most of the Paladin threads had pictures in them with builds so I didn't need anything else. All I had to do was compare the similarities and differences to come to my own conclusion.

I really like this game and my cute mage :3 but...im from EU with 100 mb internet connection and the PVP lags like hell :S now i dont know what to do, continue playing knowing that whenevr i want to PVP that would be a lagfest or stick with c9, another great action mmorpg?

Oh, any of you knows the sorcerer skills? ive heard that they are also like supports ^^