MMO's Ruining Single Player Games For Me...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Default MMO's Ruining Single Player Games For Me...

Ever since all these Free to Play Games started becoming popular and the MMORPGS especially. I have completely lost all interest in single player games, I just don't have the attention span for it anymore. I think the communities of MMOs or the partying system just makes the game 10x better than a single player game. For example, lets take Skyrim probably the most popular single player RPG, I could not go very far at all without my attention going onto something else and then I'd somehow find myself playing a game on the computer like an MMORPG. Has this happened to anyone else?

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 18

Agree, playing alone is just pointless now.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 215

sounds like a personal problem, I have loads of singleplayer games, both old and new, and I enjoy them still all the time. Especially considering I play them when I'm downloading/installing something.

Firor's Fury Reputation: 78

F2P mmos makes me lose interest in mmos in general.
    I find more fun in singleplayer games without hardcore,repetitive and boring grinds and better storylines.

Banned Reputation: 0

When I first tried an MMO (Lineage 1 beta in 1999), I was hooked and basically gave up single player games for good. The exception is Madden football, which I enjoy doing franchise mode by myself. But RPG's... no, I just can't bring myself to play if they're single player.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 16

It's the other way around for me.. Depends what single player games you play.
    I love single player games, after playing all those single player game by Bioware, Bethesha, and other companies, I just can't get into mmorpgs anymore. Single player games always have better gameplay, story, overall experience , etc. Every now and then I feel like playing an online game but it just gets boring fast for me.. all mmorpgs are too repetitive and nothing really unique.

OP only mentioned skyrim.. but imo skyrim wasn't that great, there are more interesting single player rpgs out there.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by costakid View Post
    Ever since all these Free to Play Games started becoming popular and the MMORPGS especially. I have completely lost all interest in single player games, I just don't have the attention span for it anymore. I think the communities of MMOs or the partying system just makes the game 10x better than a single player game. For example, lets take Skyrim probably the most popular single player RPG, I could not go very far at all without my attention going onto something else and then I'd somehow find myself playing a game on the computer like an MMORPG. Has this happened to anyone else?
    That is dependent upon the user. I still enjoy single player games while playing multiplayer at the same time.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Like what Blue Phoenix said, there are plenty of good Single Player RPG's that are more interesting than MMO's out atm apart from a few. Skyrim isn't one of them (Dragon's Dogma was better IMO). Xenoblade alone is worth getting a Wii for, not to mention all the other great stuff to come out for it in the past few years if you like Single Player RPGs.

MMO's are becoming stale to me. Most of the newer games are just the same thing wrapped a different way, the rise in action MMO's hasn't been up to par with what I would have expected and the older MMO's are losing their appeal to me.

Edit:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing with other people, even more so in recent years after trying out new roles, but really that kind of enjoyment is going to be filled with games like Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, Secrets of Grindea and Starbound when they come out. Pretty much the only MMO's I'm looking to try out are PSO2, Firefall and GW2.
    Last edited by Kashis; 07-24-2012 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Added something
    "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 14

Replay your old RPG games! Like ff7,ff8,ff9,ff10, suikoden, wild arm games, chrono cross, and etc.. There is alot of legit single player rpg games.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 15

I play both equally.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast