Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People's thoughts on Tera?

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Default People's thoughts on Tera?

Hey guys,

I just downloaded the trial of tera Online. So far I find the game AMAZING!! However, I am only about 2 hours into the game. Would like to hear other people's thoughts.

Coptsoldier

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Quote Originally Posted by coptsoldier View Post
    Hey guys,

I just downloaded the trial of tera Online. So far I find the game AMAZING!! However, I am only about 2 hours into the game. Would like to hear other people's thoughts.

Coptsoldier
    gets about 10x better once you hit 20+.

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

I played in the beta, and had a bunch of fun. It's not my time of game, unfortunately, so I didn't buy it. The combat was fun, but theme-park type games aren't my thing anymore.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

The combat was fun, everything else gets old in a hurry.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Has good graphics (probably the best mmorpg grahpics atm?), active and fun combat and very very good animations. Also classes have unique mechanics
    But everything else is generic themepark stuff which u can see in all different games.
    Also theres nothing endgame to do except you like grinding mobs or instances

Has anyone here gotten a toon to max level?

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 19

I did have a char at max lvl but as stated before, this game has no end game content. No raids just grinding, not even PVP!

Quote Originally Posted by danikoek010 View Post
    I did have a char at max lvl but as stated before, this game has no end game content. No raids just grinding, not even PVP!
    it does? lol dont spout bullshit.
    it has a couple of hard mode instances, nexus and world pvp. battlegrounds are coming.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 281

Quote Originally Posted by janii View Post
    Has good graphics (probably the best mmorpg grahpics atm?), active and fun combat and very very good animations.
    Guess you've never turned all the graphics settings to their maximum in RIFT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cy-Kill View Post
    Guess you've never turned all the graphics settings to their maximum in RIFT?
    tera still has better graphics by far.

General Manager Reputation: 526

I'm level 59 now on my main. The game actually livened up a bit after the first month when griefers started patrolling my server.

Level 1-20 is interesting the first time around when everything is new. Once you've tasted the true challenge of the game it makes starting alts pretty boring unless you have a set group you play with. I highly recommend getting a partner who sticks to your level to get full enjoyment throughout the game.

30-40 is meh just because you start to see many repeat mobs and the new skills they bring aren't terribly inventive or tough to overcome. The storyline post-Scions of Lok is also terribly written.

40-52 the terrible storyline starts to come together, new bad guys get introduced, and the difficulty level ramps up. You'll also start to see a lot more open world pvp which keeps things exciting if you're on a pvp server.

52-59 the difficulty ramps up greatly, the dungeons become serious challenges (if you're with people that are actually geared and the appropriate levels), the storyline gets more interesting, and your class finally begins to unlock its true potential.

After I experience the Argon War and level 60 I'll probably do a full review of the game.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Stardew Valley
    History:Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

that would be awesome to have a full review from someone who has actually played the game properly. Also, is the game better with a keyboard or a controller?

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

to me tera is a strict grinding game...i mean from at least 1-30something (thats where im at). the good things are the combat and instances are fun...and also killing bams are fun to!!! the grinding isnt that bad because u move alot from zone to zone and the enviroments change dramatically it wont seem to mind..lots of people in lowbie area and if u group up obviously it makes the game more fun...graphics are the best in any mmorpg i played so far but...and i say BUT... it reminds me of perfect world international the towns..
    Basically what i mean is the towns are gorgeous but you cant go inside the building like say world of warcraft..u only hang outside of them..which i dont mind cause it looks so good..

In an MMO, I like the idea of outgearing other players, and stomping the [filtered] out of them
    avo420x

http://tera.enmasse.com/the-argon-queen

new update coming in august.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 15

I thought action combat + beautiful graphics + half-naked female characters would make the perfect game, but even though Tera has all 3, I find the game extremely boring for some reason....

42 Reputation: 90

It gets stale after a bit, just like every other action MMO, and the focus on sex is really annoying. Every character in that game looks like a prostitute. Then people call me a pedo for thinking the Elin are adorable. Like, really? It's wrong for me to think the little girls are adorable, but it's totally cool for a 13 year old to be a hooker..

Anyway, the highest I got was 25. The grind is really boring and annoying, but there are some epic fights that make up for it. Also the pvp is fking awesome.

If you can get past the grind, and get over the fact that everyone is fking naked (Some people are into that, I prefer something that doesn't break the atmosphere) then it really is an amazing game. Plus it just goes to show you the awesomeness of Unreal Engine 3.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 10

I played K-Tera and Tera EU for a while. It's a fun timewaster. The combat is great for a MMORPG but the rest is lacking.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 26

For me the fighting system is fun and all but it seems about it. I played a trial account and I find the graphic amazing but that's about it. Everything else do seem like your standard mmo while only the fighting is different. Skill is set according to class and etc.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 47

I've played like the first 2 months at the release and many betas before that. The game is heavily grindy oriented, without gold you won't get anywhere in endgame.
    I don't know if they changed anything (don't think so) but it was pretty much hit level 60 and farm "easy" dungeons countless times until you get your gear enchanted, then go hard mode and farm until you get your new gear enchanted again. PvP small scale is ok, big scale is completely garbage, it's pretty much a focus to someone who will die almost instantly and then pick the next target (even in 5v5 situations).

Consumables oriented, enchanting oriented, the typical money sink game where you need to farm for ages before you actually start doing something to then farm everytime you want to PvP otherwise you don't stand a chance vs people with consumables.

The game is not hard, it takes little skill in PvE (not even hard modes are hard unless the team is really bad) and it's not rewarding...just another RNG game based on luck, enchanting, rerolling stats on gear, getting drops. Once you hit level 60 you see all this, and it's not fun anymore...

Not to mention the publishers, EME (NA) is ok, Frogster (EU) is simply pathetic, i would stay away from EU version, I've played it.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

More eye candy than content.

I played kTERA about 2 years.

Many issues with the game bluehole refuses to address them and just focuses on getting as much money as possible instead of fixing the issues wrong with this game.

Just bought the TERA CE digital download, it'll be a few hours until I can play, but I've got stuff to do tomorrow morning, so I may not get to play until the afternoon if not the evening on Saturday.
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Solid concept, bad execution. Game almost bombed in Korea due to lack of content and barely had anything new added when it was brought here. It is great until you hit level cap and realize that you will be doing 2 dungeons a couple of thousand times (not exaggerated) to max out your gear and there is no real interesting content planned for the future (Aside from what we already know of in KTera) that Bluehole has revealed....

You'll get your moneys worth out of the purchase if you like the combat but it just doesn't have longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightmgl View Post
    Solid concept, bad execution. Game almost bombed in Korea due to lack of content and barely had anything new added when it was brought here. It is great until you hit level cap and realize that you will be doing 2 dungeons a couple of thousand times (not exaggerated) to max out your gear and there is no real interesting content planned for the future (Aside from what we already know of in KTera) that Bluehole has revealed....

You'll get your moneys worth out of the purchase if you like the combat but it just doesn't have longevity.
    I don't care about maxing out my gear, because I don't do PvP ever, nor do I run dungeons, unless a quest calls for it. Also, there is a big content update coming out next week!
    Last edited by Cy-Kill; 08-15-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Wait for Tera Private servers to come out before i buy this game. I want to try it before i buy it. And idk not much people talk about it im assuming its dead like Aion.

General Manager Reputation: 526

I get the feeling this game was made for people like me that only have a very limited time to play MMOs each week. If you go about playing casually and have a few good buddies that play it with you, you'll have one of the best times ever. But the people that go about it 'hardcore' mode seem to burn out fast.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Stardew Valley
    History:Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research