Games like : Infinity online/Dynasty warriors

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Default Games like : Infinity online/Dynasty warriors

ive yet to play infinity online as it seems it was shut down, and previously was only available to europeans. I've enjoyed dynasty warriors very much on the playstation and ps2, but the online one isnt exactly too great.

Was wondering if there were any other games similar to these (more so towards infinity online as it seems you control your own army that comes to fight with you as well).
    Obviousy this is a type of action mmorpg.

-not looking for every action mmorpg, must be similar to one of these two games. i've already had my share of playing action mmorpgs like vindictus, c9, rakion, rusty hearts...etc.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Infinity Empire: Time of Defiance
    Infinity - The Quest for Earth
    or Infinity Online (RPG-style)?

You tried Aion or Flyff? I believe Lineage 2, Dragon Nest, and World of Warcraft have PvP.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 32

Well if you have the patience...

Mu Online-Castle Siege,hostility guilds,and of course some open world pvp.Basically join or make a guild and you can start your own war versus any other guild or go to a pvp channel and kill random players.

Dekaron Online-Has open world pvp and it's pretty fast paced.

Ragnarok-PvP is mainly in War of Emperium where you and some fellow guild members take over castles.

THanks for the replies guys but none of those games are at all what i was requesting, nor are most of them similar.
    @phen, i dont understand your first question, are you asking which game im talking about..? if so it's infinity online as i have listed.

Dragon nest is similar to vindictus, which i sorta stated that i wasnt looking for. and the rest of those games are nothing similar.

@igneuius : again, none of those games are really what im asking for. those are basic mmorpg games. the 2 games i've listed are the type of game im looking for, which involves beating up a huge amount of mobs but action hack and slash style.

yes infinity online, although there may be multiple, i listed the exact name. and yes dynasty warriors is an action game. both the online and playstation version was action, not real time strategy. sure you have an army, but you don't control them..they're just there to help.

I'm already playing a MOBA, League of legends, and have already played dota but none of that really relates to my request. Soul master is sorta an action mmo, but that fits to more RTS as well which wasnt what iwanted.

And i've already heard of SMITE as a sort of MOBA, which i do not feel liek trying out.
    Yes i know what C9 is, it's another action ''hack and slash'' type of game. also C9 isn't open world...i have read that it was all instance based.

but you are right..maybe i'm basically eliminating every possibility but at the moment those games just do not seem particular like the type i want to play right now.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos517 View Post
    @phen, i dont understand your first question, are you asking which game im talking about..? if so it's infinity online as i have listed.
    Yes, because there are three games called Infinity Online.

Dragon nest is similar to vindictus, which i sorta stated that i wasnt looking for.
    Dynasty Warriors is an action game, wtf? You can play the action-MMO subgenre (TERA) or the RTS subgenre (Battleforge), but if you want a hybrid where "you control your own army that comes to fight with you" then you'll have to learn MOBA, which is its own genre - Avalon Heroes, DoTA, DoTA 2, League of Legends, Lands of Chaos Online, Heroes of Newerth, Stellar Impact, Bloodline Champions, Battle of the Immortals and all the unsuccessful attempts (like Dazoin, Soul Master, Minions, and the ones even I've forgotten).

the type of game im looking for, which involves beating up a huge amount of mobs but action hack and slash style.
    So an Action-MMO (action) with RTS elements (huge amount of mobs) but chase-view with no cooldowns (hack and slash style)?
    Try SMITE, Lands of Chaos Online, or a game that is "similar to Vindictus".

Even Duel Gate, Soul Master, and Dynasty Warriors are instance-based. But you said you didn't want Continent of the Ninth, so you just eliminated every possible game by rejecting openworld hack&slash action-MMOs (of which there are practically none).

Do you even know what C9 is?? Go play Dragonica or Dungeon Fighter, since you obviously aren't looking for an action-MMO. Or better yet: Fanta Scape

EDIT & repost:

i've already had my share of playing action mmorpgs
    Then why are you asking for action MMOs. Go play a MOBA!

Soul master is sorta an action mmo, but that fits to more RTS as well which wasnt what iwanted.

And i've already heard of SMITE as a sort of MOBA, which i do not feel liek trying out.
    The only difference between Soul Master and SMITE/LOCO in terms of mechanics is that Soul Master is slightly more RTS-based and SMITE/LOCO have inhibitors/phoenixes. Soul Master failed in Japan, then it failed in North America... Then they re-released it in Japan and it failed.

also C9 isn't open world...i have read that it was all instance based.
    Oh... I forgot that.
    Ok then - play the engineer class in Firefall or Guild Wars 2.

i'm basically eliminating every possibility
    ^

Oh wait...

Idk what http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9VdT...feature=relmfu is. Tell me if it's any good.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 08-01-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.