New Car (well, used car haha)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Default New Car (well, used car haha)

My car broke beyond repair the other day. Well, I guess it can be repaired but its to the point where I have put more money into that bastard than what I initially paid for the thing anyway. It needs so much work, its just beyond my effort at this point.

I have a job that I need to get to, and I got fortunate enough to have my car break during the week my mom has off of work. I'm just gonna drive her car this week, but I needed something new ASAP. I was working with a pretty small budget (haven't been working long enough to save up...) but I found something I'm really happy with today.

Its not much, but anything old and square in shape like that makes me feel like a G to be driving around in haha. Only 56k miles...which is awesome for an '89. The interior is like brand new. I think this used to be some old persons car who probably only drove to the grocery store and church and back.

I'm real happy with my purchase, I should have her by Friday. Just wanted to share with my OnRPFam.

Dunny 2014 Updated 10/19

Retired Staff Reputation: 12

Well, a ride's a ride; most people don't need to drive a R8 to work or school every day :P

But you should've went with a Civic. Those thing like never die .__.
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time."
    -Lawrence Krauss

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 82

I got myself a 91 Ford F150. I bought it like 2 years ago, and it had all original parts in it. Had to replace a few things, but was cheaper overall than buying something else. Bought it for 500, and spent maybe 500 in repairs?

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 124

Hell, I'd drive that over my corolla any day. I have an 04 corolla and its not too great. It's decent on gas but it doesn't shift very smooth(transmission is fine from what I can tell, the car is just cheaply built) and it doesn't ride well at all. You get to roll around with style . You paid little for yours whereas I paid 4k for mine+ 600 tax. It has 110k KM on it and I've had to replace both control arms, belt tensioner, wheel bearings, brakes etc. I've only put roughly 2k km on it since I've had it.
    Last edited by endrien; 08-07-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Yeah my moms boyfriend and my grandfather know a lot about cars and they said its in excellent condition.

All I'm gonna bother putting in it is a new sound system.

Dunny 2014 Updated 10/19

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 124

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Yeah my moms boyfriend and my grandfather know a lot about cars and they said its in excellent condition.

All I'm gonna bother putting in it is a new sound system.
    That's the one thing I do love about my car, infinity speakers and the sub until it stopped working(speakers work fine still and have good bass so I haven't bought a new sub yet). Definitely worth the money, even cheap speakers are usually better than whats already in the car.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 36

If it takes me to where I want to go then I'm happy with it. Congrats (should I be saying congrats?) on your new car.

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

I remember my first car, was in surprisingly good condition considering it was a 20 year old Mitsubishi Lancer.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Now it's time for Project O. Let's tune that thing~

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152

56k miles for an '89!? Wow. My car is from 2006 and it came with 97k. ''

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast