[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 49

Sword art online!

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 277

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfing View Post
    Giant scam.

This will fizzle into nothing, and the money will go to things unknown.
    you know that how kickstarter works is they only take the money from yr account if they meet their goal, right?
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

...and kickstarter isn't all about "you give us money and we give you stuff"

You are funding an idea, ambition. If you are going to be mad when you don't receive anything in return then I suggest you think twice before going back to kickstarter.com

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 277

and besides, looking at their page, I can't figure out why you think this seems shady. this is one of the most professional looking kickstarter pages that I've seen, and they have all those endorsements from people who presumably know how to tell a good project from a bad one.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 32

Seriously, it isn't like its just some small team that's working on it. The people at Valve, Epic Games and Unity (lol) are also supporting this. This kickstarter is so they can have the funding to send their already designed product to companies so they can get their development kits over to other game developers. If they get enough support then chances are this could be the next gen of gaming. They already have specs for it, this isn't an idea.. its a matter of statistics that they claim to have for their product. By all means you can refuse it until you see it but reality is you may be playing games with a VR head set some day.

Imagine playing one of your favorite next gen game with this. Remember Mirrors Edge? How about Call of Duty? Skyrim? The idea of it has to sound pretty cool at the slightest.

Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572

Quote Originally Posted by Satio View Post
    Mirrors Edge
    I'd shit my pants more with Mirrors Edge than with Amnesia. o.o"

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    I'd shit my pants more with Mirrors Edge than with Amnesia. o.o"
    ^ haha the heights and .. free falls ):

but yeah I'm pretty much skeptical about stuff liek this even if they make it, pretty much has to be responsive and that's something that is never the case or maybe it is just me.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 602

i need to turn my head 180 degrees to look behind me in a game? but i am to lazy to stand up and do that lol my head will get tired fast playing a shooter.

other then that i guess it looks nice, i wouldnt know cause i cant test it out so im not hyped :P

Currently Playing: FFXIV

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

I don't get kickstarter, because it basically does nothing, but give a haven for projects that lack a business plan.
    Now there is a lot of professional know-how in existence for loans and micro-financing.

They keep productivity up, they back economically sound projects and they do not drain public wealth and more importantly private saving accounts.

All that ends up there proves itself to be a bad investment just by sinking that low.
    To top it off, there is no incentive to follow through with any endeavor on the page, which makes any project that even tries to do things right an economic gamble on a loosing hand, while the sound decision would be to just snatch the money for keeps and shut the project down, before it gets the chance to spend all the money and achieve nothing with it.

Well, I don't get it, I would never support it, I think it's a bad thing entirely. It also creates a down dripping effect of BS throughout anything it touches economically. Companies get built around catering unsustainable business and people build careers, know-how and skills in dealing with BS. That's not good, because it ends up infecting the very way modern economy works; Throw around shit and look where it sticks...

Other than that:
    Indies are not the problem, because they counter something that is bad when they create their markets in unusual ways is what innovation is all about.
    However just as much as kickstarter wants to be some force for an open culture it's flaws make it a part of the thing it should fight.

Stay frosty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast