Introducing Tales of Auria (multiplatform mmorpg)

Junior Member Reputation: 19

Default Introducing Tales of Auria (multiplatform mmorpg)

Hello everyone,

I'm going to take this opportunity to ask for help.

We are trying to create a new kind of mmorpg rather than what we’re used to. We've spent a few years "doing research" on Tibia, Ragnarok, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars and The Legend of Zelda. So you will surely notice a resemblance and (what we consider) are the best elements from these games that we deeply enjoyed. We are open to any ideas that you might have and are willing to share, since in the end, we want to create an awesome mmorpg for everyone to savor.

My intention is to keep the post alive and constantly update it with our newest work.

Enter Tales of Auria.

Puzzles. Imagine playing any of the previously mentioned games or any mmorpg, and walking (a very long walk) to get to another area of the game-world, or to complete a quest, get to a dungeon, etc. Wouldn't it be nice if it was a less boring walk, and during the long walk you could enjoy yourself? We believe that we could fix this with puzzles comprised of moving platforms, hidden levers, locked doors, mazes, etc. Some puzzles will require timing, positioning, skill and teamwork.

Music. From fluttering flutes to war-inducing drums, these rhythms and melodies will invade your brain. Think Ocarina of Time.
    Music!
    More music!

Interactive terrain. The world of Auria will stay as real and as natural as possible. We’ll have ledge hanging, cliff jumping, you’ll be able to push/pull objects, break objects, etc.

Non-instanced world. We believe that online games are meant to be played with other people. For us, instances threaten this idea, so we've decided to create a world where others can get in your way, push you around, and become an obstacle if they intend to; of course you won't let that happen, because you'll make his head roll. In our game, you'll be someone and not just a ghost.

Bosses. We want to bring back our fond memories from The Legend of Zelda with bosses that have their own unique fighting system. So bosses in our game won't just be a bigger monster with bigger stats, he'll have a unique way of fighting that you'll have to decipher in order to beat him.

Battle system. We intend to bring a console-like battle system. More of a hack-and-slash than just plain old hotkeys. It will not only require being the most powerful player, but also developing skill.

Free-to-play. We love free games, so our game will be an amazing free-to-play game. However, we need to earn a living and you could help us out (in the near future) by buying vanity items, different sound packs or anything along those lines, but never pay to win.

Evolution. In Tales of Auria leveling does not only mean getting stronger and tougher; it also means growing up (sort of like Pokemon). Every playable race in our game will start off as a child and grow up to its final evolution stage, with the ability of customizing your character along the way.
    Arborian in 1st and 2nd evolution.

Races. Maybe you’re tired of having just two legs. Maybe you wish you had a little more muscle tone. Maybe you’re a bit of a tree-hugger. Perhaps pointy ears turn you on. Maybe you wish you were a fluffy little killing machine. Maybe all you want is to transform into something you will never find outside this screen and lose yourself for a moment. We’ve got you covered.

Arborian Sprout in 1st evolution.

Gu'la

Alushe

We are also including all the goodies of common mmorpgs. Different factions, different vocations, character customization, PvP, customizable builds, epic quests and much more.

Tales of Auria is being designed from the ground up with multi-platform in mind. We’ll support PC, Mac, iOS and Android. So everyone gets to play from their favorite platform in the same world of Auria.

We would love to get your feedback, comments, ideas, suggestions, anything. Please step in. Help us create the mmorpg of your dreams.

Please note that all footage, music, art, etc. is in pre-alpha stage (nothing is absolutely final). Also note all videos are actual gameplay!

This is how we work: Video

If you would like to support us please give us a facebook like

Update August 23rd:
    Just released a new song, check it out!
    http://soundcloud.com/andresvil/awakening
    Last edited by Hieloco; 08-23-2012 at 08:30 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Great music and texture pack!! I really love the sound!

Quote Originally Posted by Hieloco View Post
    We've spent a few years "doing research"
    Suuuuuuure!

I couldn't care less about the game, but I'm gonna download it when it's in Beta for all the soundtracks
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Great music and texture pack!! I really love the sound!

Suuuuuuure!

I couldn't care less about the game, but I'm gonna download it when it's in Beta for all the soundtracks

Hahaha, when we say "doing research" we mean playing the games . That's also a valid, you'll come for the music and stay for the game

Thanks!

Just released a new song, check it out!
    http://soundcloud.com/andresvil/awakening

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

I still listen to some of this.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

project looks very good in concept...I have hopes this will make to actual playable version (I do got more than little concerns though this to happen, too many examples proven to stay in paper and concept art only,but lets hope this will). Just curious though if team is small or bigger one and how experienced are you guys in actual game making? Many and many more of these stuck to stay in paper only games are result of small gang with little to none experience trying make something big, not that its not possible, but still.

yet best regards for making it happen, will look this with interest in case it does not fail half way

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Is this project still going? Is there a website for it yet?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild