Finally getting around to building my PC - need help

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 18
    LaxFogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    3
    Last edited by LaxFogo; 08-29-2012 at 03:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 605
    SnOwPrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Flanders
    Posts
    12,258
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Get this for motherboard instead.
    The GTX670 offers near equal, in some cases even better, performance than the GTX680 so you can save 100USD on that.
    You might want to get an Antec Kuhler or Corsair Hydro for CPU cooling. They're closed water circuits that offer superior cooling to air cooling and they require no maintenance.

    Rest looks fine.
    I can't help you on the speakers though. Seems a bit pointless to have one for both PC and TV seeing you might need to drag the cable around etc. It's not possible to connect them both at the same time afaik.


    [My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

  3. #3
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 18
    LaxFogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    Get this for motherboard instead.
    The GTX670 offers near equal, in some cases even better, performance than the GTX680 so you can save 100USD on that.
    You might want to get an Antec Kuhler or Corsair Hydro for CPU cooling. They're closed water circuits that offer superior cooling to air cooling and they require no maintenance.

    Rest looks fine.
    I can't help you on the speakers though. Seems a bit pointless to have one for both PC and TV seeing you might need to drag the cable around etc. It's not possible to connect them both at the same time afaik.
    Well, I'll just have the speaker hooked up to my pc then. This is my first time building a pc, would watercooling be a bit complicated?

  4. #4
    Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 605
    SnOwPrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Flanders
    Posts
    12,258
    Rep Power
    26

    Default



    Doesn't look too complicated, does it?

    As for the speakers in that case, wouldn't a headset be a bit better?


    [My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

  5. #5
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 18
    LaxFogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post


    Doesn't look too complicated, does it?

    As for the speakers in that case, wouldn't a headset be a bit better?
    I decided to go with this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181016

  6. #6
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 52
    RyviusRan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Unless you go for the high end liquid cooling solution that cost a couple of hundred it is instead better to go for air cooling.
    CPU Heatsinks like the Noctua NH-D14 will actually perform better than the cheap liquid cooling solutions.

  7. #7
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 90
    SqueezyTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyviusRan View Post
    Unless you go for the high end liquid cooling solution that cost a couple of hundred it is instead better to go for air cooling.
    CPU Heatsinks like the Noctua NH-D14 will actually perform better than the cheap liquid cooling solutions.
    Wouldn't say that's the case with all cheaper coolers. more $ != better. My friend got a Corsair cooler (just asked and it was the H100) and his i7 stays around 34c while gaming. Which is perfect. Having the need to go any lower than that is just an obsession.

    Passive cooling won't be enough for that i5 and even high end cpu fans get a lot noisier under stress than a water pump. So my preference would be for that cooler. I highly doubt the H80 is a massive drop from the H100 (even if it is it's a $10 difference to get the H100).
    Last edited by SqueezyTime; 08-30-2012 at 06:19 PM.


  8. #8
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 92
    ZormaX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    3,551
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Liquid cooling is scary.

  9. #9
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 90
    SqueezyTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZormaX View Post
    Liquid cooling is scary.
    It seems scary because it uses water, but it isn't really dangerous. Liquid coolers can usually last years before having any problems, and cracking/somehow releasing water into the case is a rare incident that's probably caused by user error anyways, I would say. The worst thing I've seen is someone screwing it on too tight and cracking the motherboard.. which is kind of retarded since they must have used some incredible hulk strength to even do that.

    *off topic: Your inbox is full.
    Last edited by SqueezyTime; 08-30-2012 at 07:23 PM.


  10. #10
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 92
    ZormaX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    3,551
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Thanks and now its not (:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •