Guild Wars 2 - Another Fail?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

I really don't think anyone was being serious when making this article. GW2 had by far the best release I've seen in years. With that said, the game was released with the assumption that there were no issues. We heavily tested the game in beta only to find out days after early release that we could exploit a load of different parts in the game. Somehow no one found these exploits until then. That's why ArenaNet had to slowly patch everything. For the most part, they would take a section down while we could still play. They basically worked on things while we were still on and then threw out patches one after another that sure, kicked us out to update, but only took a few minutes to patch and then we were right back in. Compared to what exactly? SWTOR 7 hour down times every day? As for the servers being full, no shit. The capacity raises once low population servers grow. This is to ensure that there is not a dozen servers with 10 people and one with over 9000 like you find in other games. At least you could log into the game with the option of going to a low pop server at launch but being able to move since server transfers have been free. Again, compared to what? D3 where you could even get into the game? But hey, to add icing on the cake, you ask how long they can keep it up. Well last time I checked, WoW has been out 7 years and is still having issues. Not forgetting that WoW itself had a horrible launch. All I know is that ArenaNet is fixing GW2 at an amazing pace and doing so while allowing us to continue playing while they work. I can still play the game and I'm having a blast doing just that. Sure, trading post being down was annoying... But with that said, at least we have one. GW1 decided to keep it out even when games at the time all had forms of auction houses. Of course in GW2, it's also game wide, server to server. I've yet to see a game manage that. Now let me get back to playing...

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-Roh View Post
    I really don't think anyone was being serious when making this article. GW2 had by far the best release I've seen in years. With that said, the game was released with the assumption that there were no issues. We heavily tested the game in beta only to find out days after early release that we could exploit a load of different parts in the game. Somehow no one found these exploits until then. That's why ArenaNet had to slowly patch everything. For the most part, they would take a section down while we could still play. They basically worked on things while we were still on and then threw out patches one after another that sure, kicked us out to update, but only took a few minutes to patch and then we were right back in. Compared to what exactly? SWTOR 7 hour down times every day? As for the servers being full, no shit. The capacity raises once low population servers grow. This is to ensure that there is not a dozen servers with 10 people and one with over 9000 like you find in other games. At least you could log into the game with the option of going to a low pop server at launch but being able to move since server transfers have been free. Again, compared to what? D3 where you could even get into the game? But hey, to add icing on the cake, you ask how long they can keep it up. Well last time I checked, WoW has been out 7 years and is still having issues. Not forgetting that WoW itself had a horrible launch. All I know is that ArenaNet is fixing GW2 at an amazing pace and doing so while allowing us to continue playing while they work. I can still play the game and I'm having a blast doing just that. Sure, trading post being down was annoying... But with that said, at least we have one. GW1 decided to keep it out even when games at the time all had forms of auction houses. Of course in GW2, it's also game wide, server to server. I've yet to see a game manage that. Now let me get back to playing...
    The only wise man here. No one was serious about this article. It had been written to see people reactions and promote our small website.

Sorry if we offended you and Happy days.

PS Guild Wars 2 is the best game at the moment, but ArcheAge will be better :P

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 21

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    dude YOU HAZ an IMac .... those headphones cost friggin 300 EURO !!!!
    Yes sirrr, but im currently building a Gaming PC & i won those at my job [AT&T]
    Watch me use my control
    twitch.tv/piffzone
    youtube.com/piffzone

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

This thread should be in the You laugheded, You losed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12