Guild Wars 2 - Another Fail?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 19

Default Guild Wars 2 - Another Fail?

Original

The most anticipated MMORPG of 2012 "Guild Wars 2" just launched, but problems pop-up one after another. Is it really so hard to let out normal, finished product? How many years has been since we saw the normal launch of any game without any fails at the start? ... I can't even remember...

Recently all companies have the same tendency to let out raw products on the market and "Guild Wars 2" not exception. Just at the start they had big problems with login server, servers were so full that they had to put digital sales on a hold. One of the most serious issues that players have experienced in "Guild Wars 2" is group splitting. The game uses overflow servers to reduce the load on zones, but the major drawback was that these overflow servers can make sticking with your group problematic.

It's been only a week since the game started, but there are already 3000 permanent banned players and 1000 for 72 hours. What people used wasn't even a "bug", it was a banal typographical error of an unfortunate developer (price for the item was "21" instead of "21000"). So whose fault it was? Who wasn't able to test the game normally and eliminate this sort of small problems.

A few hours back players began experiencing a disturbing bug in the trading post. When players go to buy an item, the game continues to withdraw money from your pocket untill you have nothing left to give or until you cancel the buy order. On top of this you do not receive the item nor does it show up on what you have paid for.

Those attempting to sell an item will also find that while the item may sell, the seller will not receive the amount paid. The problem was fixed within a few hours and all players recovered their money and items, but still why does it break in the first place? Lack of testing?

How many more problems people should face before this game will be ready and why do we need to pay for a raw product? What will be if iPhone 5 will come out unfinished and companies developers will say - No worries, next month we will let out few upgrades so if you can't call or send texts or browse the internet, it is OK!!

Still it's not so bad as I wrote, people keep playing "Guild Wars 2" and ArenaNet solved most of the problem. Nothing will change and people still will buy this game because it's B2P (buy to play), but how long ArenaNet can keep it up the time will show.
    Last edited by Daniel McKenzie; 09-06-2012 at 09:02 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 602

i dont think any mmorpg ever released had a normal start :P that aside, those do sound like some serious bugs im glad i didnt had any of them yet. only bug i had so far was a invisable wall inside some cave near the human starting area which later seemed to be part of a event where rocks were suposed to be blocking the cave

Currently Playing: Dragons Dogma

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

the amount of grammar and spelling errors in that article is making my eyes bleed...
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Asiankid0 View Post
    the amount of grammar and spelling errors in that article is making my eyes bleed...
    But who's fault it was?!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 246

Who wrote this is FAIL ! ... because well you know the game is already 10 years out ... so its no problem ... Dude come on ... they are solving all problems i am 71 lvl yes i got hacked and even if i dont get my acc back i will buy it again and again and again just to play!
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 256

not sure how they could allow this to be posted when it's not even a proper article.
    the game was perfectly playable on the date it was SUPPOSED to launch. trading post is GLOBAL, no other game has such a feature (that i am aware of) and to even have it work without issues requires substantial amount of work.

i like how it mentions overflow as something negative, when all you really have to do is keep zoning until you are with your friends. doesn't take more than 2 zones at most, unless you're now talking HEADSTART, which again is not the official release date. would you rather sit in a 10k+ queue?
    and the fact they had to stop digital sales, doesn't that mean they just won really, really hard?

nah, just a real ****ing stupid article made by a real ****ing stupid writer.

thank u for those kind words
    Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    not sure how they could allow this to be posted when it's not even a proper article.
    the game was perfectly playable on the date it was SUPPOSED to launch. trading post is GLOBAL, no other game has such a feature (that i am aware of) and to even have it work without issues requires substantial amount of work.

i like how it mentions overflow as something negative, when all you really have to do is keep zoning until you are with your friends. doesn't take more than 2 zones at most, unless you're now talking HEADSTART, which again is not the official release date. would you rather sit in a 10k+ queue?
    and the fact they had to stop digital sales, doesn't that mean they just won really, really hard?

nah, just a real ****ing stupid article made by a real ****ing stupid writer.

It was an great victory ! ... Lets raise our HANDS !

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 21

I haven't encountered any problems AT ALL mind you i'm playing GW2 from my iMac.. no problems no low fps .. nothing, I smell hater.

Watch me use my control
    twitch.tv/piffzone
    youtube.com/piffzone

Quote Originally Posted by DneL View Post
    I haven't encountered any problems AT ALL mind you i'm playing GW2 from my iMac.. no problems no low fps .. nothing, I smell hater.

dude YOU HAZ an IMac .... those headphones cost friggin 300 EURO !!!!

Super Moderator Reputation: 189

People are so....Yeah. I'm sorry, you're trying to make a big deal out of a game that launched and was PLAYABLE, with little to no problems? Oh noes! The auction house is down! I can't gouge the community and gain millions of gold before the game even properly launched! Such a terrible game!

No, not being able to become the richest person in GW2 within a week doesn't count as a problem.

Oh noes! Hackers!

Yes, because clearly GW2 is the only MMO ever that had people hacking other people's accounts.

Yes, clearly because of those two problems, even though the game itself is easily playable, and only suffers from lag due to tons of people playing at once, the game is such a HUGE failure and oh my god this is the worst thing that could ever happen! I mean, I can actually play the game at launch! That's more that can be said about WoW's launch but now WoW's been out for a long time so let's hold newly launched games to a much higher standard than possible!

By the way, nice attempt at promoting your own small little website, but we have a section for that! Boop!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast