35 Years of console launch prices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Basically what I see from this graph is that the WiiU gets Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive, then massive amounts of people start complaining about it being overpriced.

Sub text.
    "Forced" to buy WiiU because a game you liked before will have a sequel exclusive to that console - First world problems.

^^how I see all the whiners
    Bayoneta wasn't good itself to begin with. If people want tits, use google for it.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 09-15-2012 at 02:16 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    "Forced" to buy WiiU because a game you liked before will have a sequel exclusive to that console - First world problems.

^^how I see all the whiners
    Bayoneta wasn't good itself to begin with. If people want tits, use google for it.
    Pretty much.

I seem to recall a lot of folk criticizing Bayonetta for being a DMC clone and now it's suddenly a crowd favorite? I have the game and thought it was alright, mostly for the music, but it's not something I'd run out to buy for any console. Then again since I plan on eventually getting a WiiU anyway, I don't have much to complain about.

50$ set aside every two weeks = brand new WiiU, should you want one. Anybody with a job can pretty much set that budget and have one by Christmas.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    Harsh crowd. Pretty sure the meme was meant to be humorous, not literally challenge you to prove him wrong.
    Seriously, haha.

Pretty interesting graph. Crazy to think I once paid $200 for a N64. It's also weird to remember going to walmart and seeing the display cases lined with N64 cartridges and PS1 games.

Gonna be strange when the day comes where you can buy 360s and PS3s for $20 on ebay.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 90

The people who ***** about the prices being too high are the kind of people who feel entitled to the newest technology, because for some reason if 1 person gets to be up to date then it's only fair for everyone else to be, too?.. They feel like they're going to die if they don't have all the extra polygons and pixels and on screen visuals they can get, or they can't play the newest sequel the very second it releases.

Both my PS2 and my NDS put together didn't cost $300, and I get just as much fun, if not more, out of those than I ever would from a 360 or a PS3 or a Wii. I'll get a PS3 when the next generation cycles in and not only will it be cheap as **** at that point compared to what people will be paying for the next gen, but I'll have this massive amount of games to choose from while the next gen owners will have 5 bland *** action games whose only selling point is their graphics.

People just need to stop being babies and deal with the fact that crying isn't going to get them free shit.

*Not trying to sound like a *****, just saying the only reason pricing is even a topic is because people feel way too entitled.
    Last edited by SqueezyTime; 09-15-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

doesn't take into account the money you spend getting new versions of games from the previous console generations.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12