Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endless Ages - MMO FPS RPG - EAC's Server!

Banned Reputation: 10

Default Endless Ages - Play Now!

If you want to see a future in Endless Ages, your more than welcome to join my Community, currently empty due to a site move...

www.DigixEntertainment.Cu.Cc

Download it here ! -
    https://rapidshare.com/files/3201763...0Installer.msi
    Last edited by Nucious; 11-02-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Anything special I need to do besides download the game, to be able to play with you?

Not in particular. I play on a high lvl char. but I might restart, or get my old froggy back, and hopefully my beastful MAX blob .

Just create an account, then login, play, create a character.

Thread is now properly organized.
    Last edited by Nucious; 09-19-2012 at 02:08 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 834

lol i went over some old EA posts some weeks ago and it seems u have your m4z0ra account on here as wel :P did u lose the password of it?
    anyway great that your trying to keep this game alive, i hope you can do a better job then those other idiots who screwed up in the past, i also hope it doesnt turn into a hackfest because of snowfox or whoever and stuff.
    i would love to join but with borderlands 2 and torchlight 2 around the corner i really feel like playing those right now as much as i love endless ages. its the best mmofpsrpg ever created imo. too bad it will scare all the younger gamers away though because they will have absolutely no sense of direction or idea of what to do :P most gamers at this day and age cant live without a quest marker, minimap or worldmap anymore lol and will get familiar with the land looking at their maps rather then looking at the shapes/sizes of certain mountaintops and such.

great job for trying to keep this freaky (yet lovely) LSD trip alive

Game Journalist Reputation: 490

Heard of this game before, never tried it tho. How is the population?

Also, any way for you to upload this to somewhere that will allow for faster downloading? Currently going at 128~kb/s and it's going to take a couple of hours.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Heard of this game before, never tried it tho. How is the population?

Also, any way for you to upload this to somewhere that will allow for faster downloading? Currently going at 128~kb/s and it's going to take a couple of hours.
    i asume the population is low, it has always been since its a underrated game that got passed on by many owners. last time it turned in such a mess the new owner of this game just gave out the files to make a server for free so its sorta a private server. the official devs of this game shut it down long time ago. the game is pretty hardcore because above a certain level u drop all your loot when u die on your corpse and if you died in the middle of a bunch of monsters that means you have a problem lol cause u wont be able to loot it. there is also no sense of direction or anything. you dont know where to go or what to do but once u figure out what you can do this game is amazing. theres some big bosses u can fight and some scary dark caves u can explore, jetpacks u can use, monsters will hang around on the ground, in the sea, and in the sky, at higher level u can pick up quests for armor and weapons that never drop when u die.

sadly some features we will probably never see returning like large scale open world pvp, player housing anywere u want with the option to make a shop out of your house, or castle.
    Last edited by Abhorsen; 09-19-2012 at 09:28 AM.

After 9 hours of downloading, I am finally nearing the end of the download. 2 minutes to go. (or so it says. This could be more like 2 hours, as 4 hours ago it said 45 minutes...)

Any tips or anything?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

Retired Staff Reputation: 714

Not sure if Pserver or legit...

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    Not sure if Pserver or legit...
    It was explained in the post above mine. The guy who last purchased the rights to the games and its files gave up on it and released all the server and game files publicly so anyone could do with them as they pleased. So, it's a privately run server, but well within legal rights.
    -Cingal

Well, I'm going to give this the benefit of the doubt for the moment and ask in the mod forum what to do with this kind of servers. :/

Well, I'm going to give this the benefit of the doubt for the moment and ask in the mod forum what to do with this kind of servers. :/
    the game is from like 2002 and officialy shut down. see it as ultima free shards or schthack psobb. if its gone the game is gone forgood

Shtack PSOBB is the only pserver we allow since the admins said so back than. Other server including freeshards are not allowed.

Shtack PSOBB is the only pserver we allow since the admins said so back than. Other server including freeshards are not allowed.
    well i dont know much about ultima to be honest, i asumed they were legal servers because the official server went down, or they allow it i dunno.
    anyway whether this thread is gonna get deleted or not wont matter lol i think the game is probably doomed either way

Heads or Tails Reputation: 12

You ban this thread then you only condemn an old and criminally underrated, under publisized, misunderstood game from possibly having a chance for change. This game needs to work its way into the current gaming network, not just as a recognised overhaul of the same mindless crap that devs have been churning out year after year only with a new shiny coating. But also as a groundbreaking and innovative style of gameplay that has been overlooked for reason unknown.

You close this thread and you deny not only the game, but the gaming community and industry as a whole a chance to experience something completely fresh. You actually have to be in the crazy loop of what the hell happened along the line to realise that this thread in no way breaks any of your rules. But closing it will only add to its problem of being hidden from the eye of the casual gamer, and hardcore gamer. It would be like pouring weedkiller onto the bud of a rare flower.
    Playing: Mount and Blade - Native expansion

Waiting for: Star wars the old republic

Lol don't worry. I asked Dizzy, the admin and he said it's fine.

EaCentral isn't really a private server type of deal, although in-reality, YES it is. So was Snowfox's, believe it or not. Brandon Brophy holds all and every copyright out there, and hes willing to sell it to me, but of course I don't have that kind of money.

I honestly wouldn't doubt 'Snowbunzz' = Snowfox. Lol.

If anyone wants to question my actions with Brandon Brophy, please do I will provide full and entire proof I am in contact with him.

EDIT - Yes it is dead, but its worth a check out for sure. Its alot more enjoyable with people, but play for 10 minutes, see how it is... you might like it.
    Last edited by Nucious; 09-19-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Sorry for the big download guys. It was the best installer I could make out of 2 formats. 1 Format compressed the data, but it didn't work as I wanted it to and the .MSI format worked perfectly, but was NOT compressed.

I will upload any files that don't work and need updating, some might need some tweeks, if not yay.

Connection interupted soon as i get in, is this my side or server side?

I get a blackscreen when I start the game. Any suggestions?
    -Cingal

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I get a blackscreen when I start the game. Any suggestions?
    If you don't get a loading screen, your account info might be off, could be an error... um screenshot perhaps?

Server isn't 100% active, as I have no contact with owner, nor does he ever log in.

Looks like tbarlow messed with the fog, which NEEDS to be in-game in order for EA to look any normal, and possibly function.

I'll try to login again.

Yep, game is broken. Should be fixed... I hope!

Come on man, if you are gonna try to bring players back or atleast draw new ones in then you can't have things like this happen. Either take it down till the game works, or don't host it at all. One of ea's problem is hosters keep trying to provide a broken or half broken game for people because they are too eager to appease the players and get it out there, and then end up dissapointing them. EA is one of those games that the people who played it before know how good it is and are prepared to wait. Thats why i have stuck with it through the years and you see other names who have been around for years still popping up.

I don't think you realise but you are actually killing the game even more with your approach, or maybe you do realise. But if you don't sort it out soon, then nobody will bother with it and EA will actually die out.

Solution? Take the game down. Get a host you can contact. Get a team who you can contact regularly and inform you of whats happening. Be in the know.

You appear to have NO idea, absolutely none, of how to run a gaming operation if you come here promising a working game. Then to find out Whoops! Oh no, my game is broken, i hope it'll get fixed as it should be. Oh no, i can't contact my team, but its not my fault they don't log in.

Even though snowfox turned out to be an outrageous douche and tried to nail EA's coffin shut, when he brought out EA Reborn it was a decent operation considering he was just a player. When there were problems it was quickly fixed because he knew something about the game, or atleast had someone on his team who did (armageddon). They had a forum too where people could report these problems. Also if you remember, when the server went down either player or mob server, they were back up soon enough because more than one person had the power to start it again. I don't know if this was because there was 2 sets of servers, or the 2 people lived close enough to go around and start it up when the other wasn't around, or what. But it worked. I know it wasn't a perfect operation and as i said he turned out to be probably the most hated player to ever play ea in the end, but at the start it was promising.

This isn't a flame incase you were wondering, don't look at this post and disregard all the advice because you see it as an attack against you. I only want EA to succeed and you really need to do something fast. Lots of players are hungry to play again and lots of players may flock to it, but they are going to be turned off so ridiculously fast. I was pissed when i spent most the day downloading only to find it doesn't work, but i forgive ea as i always have for its shortcomings. But others may not be as patient and may not even wait for it to be sorted out to try this hidden gem of a game.

I wish you luck in solving it and potentially creating the first actual working attempt as many have tried since the day it was given up on and turned into phylon But at the moment you're nailing the coffin shut.

Quote Originally Posted by camel01 View Post
    Come on man, if you are gonna try to bring players back or atleast draw new ones in then you can't have things like this happen. Either take it down till the game works, or don't host it at all. One of ea's problem is hosters keep trying to provide a broken or half broken game for people because they are too eager to appease the players and get it out there, and then end up dissapointing them. EA is one of those games that the people who played it before know how good it is and are prepared to wait. Thats why i have stuck with it through the years and you see other names who have been around for years still popping up.

I don't think you realise but you are actually killing the game even more with your approach, or maybe you do realise. But if you don't sort it out soon, then nobody will bother with it and EA will actually die out.

Solution? Take the game down. Get a host you can contact. Get a team who you can contact regularly and inform you of whats happening. Be in the know.

You appear to have NO idea, absolutely none, of how to run a gaming operation if you come here promising a working game. Then to find out Whoops! Oh no, my game is broken, i hope it'll get fixed as it should be. Oh no, i can't contact my team, but its not my fault they don't log in.

Even though snowfox turned out to be an outrageous douche and tried to nail EA's coffin shut, when he brought out EA Reborn it was a decent operation considering he was just a player. When there were problems it was quickly fixed because he knew something about the game, or atleast had someone on his team who did (armageddon). They had a forum too where people could report these problems. Also if you remember, when the server went down either player or mob server, they were back up soon enough because more than one person had the power to start it again. I don't know if this was because there was 2 sets of servers, or the 2 people lived close enough to go around and start it up when the other wasn't around, or what. But it worked. I know it wasn't a perfect operation and as i said he turned out to be probably the most hated player to ever play ea in the end, but at the start it was promising.

This isn't a flame incase you were wondering, don't look at this post and disregard all the advice because you see it as an attack against you. I only want EA to succeed and you really need to do something fast. Lots of players are hungry to play again and lots of players may flock to it, but they are going to be turned off so ridiculously fast. I was pissed when i spent most the day downloading only to find it doesn't work, but i forgive ea as i always have for its shortcomings. But others may not be as patient and may not even wait for it to be sorted out to try this hidden gem of a game.

I wish you luck in solving it and potentially creating the first actual working attempt as many have tried since the day it was given up on and turned into phylon But at the moment you're nailing the coffin shut.
    I'll read your post in-full later.

Tbarlow is a major dick-bag. I don't support him or his server AT ALL, although I will provide one thing, a public server and guide on how to play.

AGAIN I DON'T WORK WITH TBARLOW, NEVER REALLY DID.

Also, your completely wrong. Ea is the same if not better from 2008-2010, its been years, if humans don't see change they figure its gotten worst or exactly the same. Therefore your playing games with yourself.

We can't fix Endless Ages with Server Files, thats like saying Minecraft is Open-Source and you can do anything with it. No you can't, you can add additional things and 'temporary' disable things, but you can't edit the source-code, that you don't have.

Endless Ages's source code is what is needed to FIX it, with the source code, which is every map, model, code... its everything. Now, I can buy the source code and ownership for Endless Ages but that roughly comes up to $##k.

Please don't post non-sense. Oh and the current problem is something I did myself in Engine Tools, its fixable, or revertible. Simple fix, just really stupid people behind it.

Snowfox is not a douche, he is a made-up person that has scammed over $500,000 in OUR money. Now if you wanna respect him and his make-believe staff, please do.

Armageddon never came back, I guarantee those maps 'he' released were from leaked source code, for IIA south.

Looks like there making progress on fixing it.