mmorpg - war for territory, war of guilds, war for castels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    I have decided that I will accept no less than that GW2 is on par with Regnum As a game community we should not grade one game better than another just because one has a bigger budget
    During the first month, being a member of Titan Alliance, Ascension Alliance, RUIN , or the Jade Quarry (idk what it's called) Alliance... Being a part of that - SO GOOD
    24/7 matches. Twenty-four seven server versus server.

Don't forget DAoC, Karos (dead?), Pandora Saga (dead), 4Story (a.k.a. Gates of Andaron - dead?), and Fantasy Earth Zero (... R.I.P.) and the many other games with realm vs realm. I remember playing Regnum about a year before it got translated... It was good for its time.

Some games do not have a big budget, and are good. But that doesn't make every high-budget MMO a conversely bad game. I think high-budget MMOs tend to be higher-quality in multiple aspects.

Fantasy Earth Zero is worth the hassle.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    what you said in your quote above is correct, but im not lying.
    GW2 is like Apple. It is trendy. But look at what people are realising about Apple - Apple and GW2 are both carrying way too much glitzy unnecessary baggage.

Anyway - it is only my opinion. Sorry if i offended you enough to say it is a lie. To me, it isn't. To me it is the truth within my opinion. But.. I defer to your right to also have an opinion that GW2 is better than Regnum, and that Regnum is better in certain circumstances.

On the aspect of balanced gameplay -- throwing a massive team of devs at gameplay balance does not mean balance will be better than a smaller team. Gameplay balance is very hard to find and is a very subjective concept.

I have decided that I will accept no less than that GW2 is on par with Regnum As a game community we should not grade one game better than another just because one has a bigger budget -- we need to focus on particular salient points removing subjectivity derived from money ! I do admit that GW2 has better artwork tho. Hm the rest is largely subjective i think?

(ps -- on a maority vote i think most players will say GW2 is better, but i would still stick by my right to have an opinion. maybe if i tried GW2 one day i might like it more?)
    GW2 has better PvP thanks to more enjoyable enemy AI including big boss battles that happen frequently. It also has dynamic quest that have an effect on the world, no matter how short or long those effects are. GW2 also encourages people to help each other on a much larger level than Regnum does. Crafting is more in-depth and enjoyable than Regnum and offers discovery. I'm not even sure if Regnum has crafting :S I've never heard anyone mention it.

Guild Wars 2 has more in-depth and exciting realm vs realm. Of course, this is a bit subjective and depends on your mindset of the game. But it is fact that Guild Wars 2 offers more tools and mechanics for its realm v realm, including a much larger RvR arena. Siege weaponry adds a lot, too.

I still enjoy Regnum a lot, as it is a nice game and has its own things to offer. I just wish I could find the time to get my level 20 barbarian to a level where I can participate in the RvR stuff.

Also, I was not saying you shouldn't have an opinion. You should. I was saying you shouldn't tell people that Regnum is better than Guild Wars 2 and try backing it up with things that aren't true. As I proved, the statement, " Regnum Online is f2p and gives you virtually everything GW2 has." is simply not true.

"It is buy to play and is backed by a big silly marketing machine. " is not a good reason to say a game should not be recommended. Specifically the portion that is in bold.

"...but gameplay is far more balanced than GW2..." I admit that I have not played Regnum long, but in my time in the game, I have found no evidence to support this claim.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Don't forget DAoC, Karos (dead?), Pandora Saga (dead), 4Story (a.k.a. Gates of Andaron - dead?), and Fantasy Earth Zero (... R.I.P.) and the many other games with realm vs realm. ...
    yea so many nice RvR games gone down
    hopefully GW2 cud become the next popular and fun RvR game

Apocaruff:
    "It is buy to play and is backed by a big silly marketing machine. " is not a good reason to say a game should not be recommended. Specifically the portion that is in bold.

"...but gameplay is far more balanced than GW2..." I admit that I have not played Regnum long, but in my time in the game, I have found no evidence to support this claim.
    ya i think that dynamic world quest/random boss thing in GW is very good.
    I don't really like enemy AI in pve combat. but maybe GW2's one is good.
    I don't like crafting at all and ignore it in every mmo.
    I'm not really keen on fixed teamplay in a PvP mmo and prefer randomised teams.
    mm.. I think GW2 would have deeper RvR but actually I don't like deep RvR.

The deeper the RvR, the more prone it is to needing realm coordination, teamwork etc.
    The more team coordination needed, the more likely a realm will lose just because players cant be bothered to coordinate efforts. I prefer RvR where needed coordination is kept to a minimum.

GW2's instant max level thing in RvR is a major bonus! I am hoping other PvP mmos one day will see it too.

It's a forum board. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Regnum does give you all the essentials of PvP. Crafting, bosses etc in GW2 to me is just not that important Apple is a big silly marketing machine Look at D3, SWOTR and other supposed big budget games which flopped. Personally I think GW2 will succeed but.... I still think Regnum could be a more focussed, fun and cheaper game.

You would have to pvp in Regnum before a judgment on balance could be made. It isn't perfect on balance, but I think it is not bad. Perhaps at level 28+ in the warzone it is easier to know. But if you enjoy and like GW2 more then it is your right to say so too.

In the final outcome, I would prefer to have more than 1 big and popular RvR PvP mmo. Otherwise we end up with a situation like Microsoft with one boring product dominating the whole industry.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

I heard Atlantica Online also has region control, but I never played it myself.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 23

You can try 4Story I actually tried it recently and its not to bad you just have to survive the grind but the territory war looks like a lot of fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12