Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: mmorpg - war for territory, war of guilds, war for castels

  1. #1
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    6

    Default mmorpg - war for territory, war of guilds, war for castels

    Does anyone know any games that have those kind of things?
    thanks..

  2. #2
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Doctor Frolicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    GUILD WARS 2

    And it's all early game too (because gw2 doesn't have a late game), you can join the massive pvp zone at level one. At castle's theres catapults rams and all that delicious jazz. I've seen more than 50v50 people fighting just because they met each other in the valley. Guild can own the towers gained by your server, so you'll be able to gvg that way. Territory is a huge part of it too.

    Or you can just sign up for the Wizardry Online beta and join my gaming community at www.wizardyonline.enjin.com

    Below is my spam. Take a gander.

    Greetings strangers,

    I am Frolicks, the owner of the gaming community Wizardry Army. Our goal is to be the very first to log into Wizardry Online, an MMORPG containing permadeath and non-instanced pvp dungeons, and carve our name along the symbol of the game. If you are interested in being the force that newbies will bow down to, the force that even the developers fear deep inside their minds, then by all means sign up at www.wizardryarmy.enjin.com. Don't forget to make an introduction to confirm your existence.

    Cheers,
    Frolicks

  3. #3
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Frolicks View Post
    GUILD WARS 2

    And it's all early game too (because gw2 doesn't have a late game), you can join the massive pvp zone at level one. At castle's theres catapults rams and all that delicious jazz. I've seen more than 50v50 people fighting just because they met each other in the valley. Guild can own the towers gained by your server, so you'll be able to gvg that way. Territory is a huge part of it too.
    but is it a meaning to get territory like: gets fame, gold, glory... ?

  4. #4
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 61
    kickstart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Ragnarok Online = War of Emperium (castle siege) [benefits]
    Granado Espada / Sword 2 = Colony (Territory) War [benefits]
    L2 = Castle/fortress [benefits]
    Aion, AoC, Warhammer, Dragona = Castle
    Aika = Castle siege, Altar/Relic War [about]
    Eden Eternal = Territory [benefits]

    Sorry for leaving out the details.
    edit: added links to some

    Here's another thread with the same question and different answers:
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/showthre...ry-capture-mmo

    (Regnum's in there, btw. kekeke)
    Last edited by kickstart; 11-04-2012 at 01:55 AM.

  5. #5
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kickstart View Post
    Ragnarok Online = War of Emperium (castle siege) [benefits]
    Granado Espada / Sword 2 = Colony (Territory) War [benefits]
    L2 = Castle/fortress [benefits]
    Aion, AoC, Warhammer, Dragona = Castle
    Aika = Castle siege, Altar/Relic War [about]
    Eden Eternal = Territory [benefits]

    Sorry for leaving out the details.
    edit: added links to some

    Here's another thread with the same question and different answers:
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/showthre...ry-capture-mmo

    (Regnum's in there, btw. kekeke)
    thanks man +1 for ya!

  6. #6
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 106
    queenvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,475
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    GW2 needs to stop being recommended first. It is buy to play and is backed by a big silly marketing machine.

    Regnum Online is f2p and gives you virtually everything GW2 has.
    Castle wars, Open Pvp, RvR. Vibrant fighting community.
    Ok lesser gfx detail, but gameplay is far more balanced than GW2 because the devs have been at it for 4 years longer than GW2.
    20v20v20 fights are not uncommon in Regnum.
    Last edited by queenvoo; 11-04-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

    http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

  7. #7
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    FEZ Hong Kong server

    (Phantasy Earth Zero)

    The whole game is based on capturing territory and realm vs realm fights, he only problem i find is that is not too much people play it, also is like a Action mmorpg with targeting system.

    If you want to play it search a tutorial to register a GA$H hong kong account.

    EDIT: Also regnum online, is pretty old, but its Realm vs realm, you fight for your Realm and if you win, i think you got a reward for the entire realm, like more Exp for all the players and more stuff.
    Last edited by Rodrigo Aguilar; 11-04-2012 at 05:30 PM.

  8. #8
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Aguilar View Post
    FEZ Hong Kong server

    (Phantasy Earth Zero)

    The whole game is based on capturing territory and realm vs realm fights, he only problem i find is that is not too much people play it, also is like a Action mmorpg with targeting system.

    If you want to play it search a tutorial to register a GA$H hong kong account.

    EDIT: Also regnum online, is pretty old, but its Realm vs realm, you fight for your Realm and if you win, i think you got a reward for the entire realm, like more Exp for all the players and more stuff.
    Thanks for the tip but US servers are shuted down. Hong kong one don't like :/

  9. #9
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,651
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    GW2 needs to stop being recommended first. It is buy to play and is backed by a big silly marketing machine.

    Regnum Online is f2p and gives you virtually everything GW2 has.
    Castle wars, Open Pvp, RvR. Vibrant fighting community.
    Ok lesser gfx detail, but gameplay is far more balanced than GW2 because the devs have been at it for 4 years longer than GW2.
    20v20v20 fights are not uncommon in Regnum.
    Wrong on all counts.

    Regnum is a good game, but the similarities between Regnum and GW2 end fast. GW2 is an all-around better game than Regnum. Regnum is only the better option if A) You need a game with lower graphics or You absolutely cannot afford GW2. I'm not sure if gameplay is more balanced in Regnum, but GW2 has a much larger budget and dev team than Regnum ever has, so it will catch up fast if it is. Guild Wars 2 has more fights, ranging from small skirmishes to massive battles. Including siege equipment and more choices in combat.

    It's cool if you want to suggest Regnum to people, but don't lie about its situation in the scheme of things.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or *******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  10. #10
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 106
    queenvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,475
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Wrong on all counts.
    ...
    It's cool if you want to suggest Regnum to people, but don't lie about its situation in the scheme of things.
    what you said in your quote above is correct, but im not lying.
    GW2 is like Apple. It is trendy. But look at what people are realising about Apple - Apple and GW2 are both carrying way too much glitzy unnecessary baggage.

    Anyway - it is only my opinion. Sorry if i offended you enough to say it is a lie. To me, it isn't. To me it is the truth within my opinion. But.. I defer to your right to also have an opinion that GW2 is better than Regnum, and that Regnum is better in certain circumstances.

    On the aspect of balanced gameplay -- throwing a massive team of devs at gameplay balance does not mean balance will be better than a smaller team. Gameplay balance is very hard to find and is a very subjective concept.

    I have decided that I will accept no less than that GW2 is on par with Regnum As a game community we should not grade one game better than another just because one has a bigger budget -- we need to focus on particular salient points removing subjectivity derived from money ! I do admit that GW2 has better artwork tho. Hm the rest is largely subjective i think?


    (ps -- on a maority vote i think most players will say GW2 is better, but i would still stick by my right to have an opinion. maybe if i tried GW2 one day i might like it more?)
    Last edited by queenvoo; 11-05-2012 at 02:19 AM.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

    http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

  11. #11
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 212
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,128
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    I have decided that I will accept no less than that GW2 is on par with Regnum As a game community we should not grade one game better than another just because one has a bigger budget
    During the first month, being a member of Titan Alliance, Ascension Alliance, RUIN , or the Jade Quarry (idk what it's called) Alliance... Being a part of that - SO GOOD
    24/7 matches. Twenty-four seven server versus server.

    Don't forget DAoC, Karos (dead?), Pandora Saga (dead), 4Story (a.k.a. Gates of Andaron - dead?), and Fantasy Earth Zero (... R.I.P.) and the many other games with realm vs realm. I remember playing Regnum about a year before it got translated... It was good for its time.

    Some games do not have a big budget, and are good. But that doesn't make every high-budget MMO a conversely bad game. I think high-budget MMOs tend to be higher-quality in multiple aspects.

    Fantasy Earth Zero is worth the hassle.

  12. #12
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,651
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    what you said in your quote above is correct, but im not lying.
    GW2 is like Apple. It is trendy. But look at what people are realising about Apple - Apple and GW2 are both carrying way too much glitzy unnecessary baggage.

    Anyway - it is only my opinion. Sorry if i offended you enough to say it is a lie. To me, it isn't. To me it is the truth within my opinion. But.. I defer to your right to also have an opinion that GW2 is better than Regnum, and that Regnum is better in certain circumstances.

    On the aspect of balanced gameplay -- throwing a massive team of devs at gameplay balance does not mean balance will be better than a smaller team. Gameplay balance is very hard to find and is a very subjective concept.

    I have decided that I will accept no less than that GW2 is on par with Regnum As a game community we should not grade one game better than another just because one has a bigger budget -- we need to focus on particular salient points removing subjectivity derived from money ! I do admit that GW2 has better artwork tho. Hm the rest is largely subjective i think?


    (ps -- on a maority vote i think most players will say GW2 is better, but i would still stick by my right to have an opinion. maybe if i tried GW2 one day i might like it more?)
    GW2 has better PvP thanks to more enjoyable enemy AI including big boss battles that happen frequently. It also has dynamic quest that have an effect on the world, no matter how short or long those effects are. GW2 also encourages people to help each other on a much larger level than Regnum does. Crafting is more in-depth and enjoyable than Regnum and offers discovery. I'm not even sure if Regnum has crafting :S I've never heard anyone mention it.

    Guild Wars 2 has more in-depth and exciting realm vs realm. Of course, this is a bit subjective and depends on your mindset of the game. But it is fact that Guild Wars 2 offers more tools and mechanics for its realm v realm, including a much larger RvR arena. Siege weaponry adds a lot, too.

    I still enjoy Regnum a lot, as it is a nice game and has its own things to offer. I just wish I could find the time to get my level 20 barbarian to a level where I can participate in the RvR stuff.

    Also, I was not saying you shouldn't have an opinion. You should. I was saying you shouldn't tell people that Regnum is better than Guild Wars 2 and try backing it up with things that aren't true. As I proved, the statement, " Regnum Online is f2p and gives you virtually everything GW2 has." is simply not true.

    "It is buy to play and is backed by a big silly marketing machine. " is not a good reason to say a game should not be recommended. Specifically the portion that is in bold.

    "...but gameplay is far more balanced than GW2..." I admit that I have not played Regnum long, but in my time in the game, I have found no evidence to support this claim.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or *******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  13. #13
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 106
    queenvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,475
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    ....
    Don't forget DAoC, Karos (dead?), Pandora Saga (dead), 4Story (a.k.a. Gates of Andaron - dead?), and Fantasy Earth Zero (... R.I.P.) and the many other games with realm vs realm. ...
    yea so many nice RvR games gone down
    hopefully GW2 cud become the next popular and fun RvR game

    Apocaruff:
    "It is buy to play and is backed by a big silly marketing machine. " is not a good reason to say a game should not be recommended. Specifically the portion that is in bold.

    "...but gameplay is far more balanced than GW2..." I admit that I have not played Regnum long, but in my time in the game, I have found no evidence to support this claim.
    ya i think that dynamic world quest/random boss thing in GW is very good.
    I don't really like enemy AI in pve combat. but maybe GW2's one is good.
    I don't like crafting at all and ignore it in every mmo.
    I'm not really keen on fixed teamplay in a PvP mmo and prefer randomised teams.
    mm.. I think GW2 would have deeper RvR but actually I don't like deep RvR.

    The deeper the RvR, the more prone it is to needing realm coordination, teamwork etc.
    The more team coordination needed, the more likely a realm will lose just because players cant be bothered to coordinate efforts. I prefer RvR where needed coordination is kept to a minimum.

    GW2's instant max level thing in RvR is a major bonus! I am hoping other PvP mmos one day will see it too.

    It's a forum board. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Regnum does give you all the essentials of PvP. Crafting, bosses etc in GW2 to me is just not that important Apple is a big silly marketing machine Look at D3, SWOTR and other supposed big budget games which flopped. Personally I think GW2 will succeed but.... I still think Regnum could be a more focussed, fun and cheaper game.

    You would have to pvp in Regnum before a judgment on balance could be made. It isn't perfect on balance, but I think it is not bad. Perhaps at level 28+ in the warzone it is easier to know. But if you enjoy and like GW2 more then it is your right to say so too.

    In the final outcome, I would prefer to have more than 1 big and popular RvR PvP mmo. Otherwise we end up with a situation like Microsoft with one boring product dominating the whole industry.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

    http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

  14. #14
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 139
    Rya.Reisender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,623
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I heard Atlantica Online also has region control, but I never played it myself.

  15. #15
    Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 23
    PeRo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    You can try 4Story I actually tried it recently and its not to bad you just have to survive the grind but the territory war looks like a lot of fun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •