Hate to ask...but I need some assistance

Hybrid View

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 12

Default Hate to ask...but I need some assistance

Greetings ^^ Well, I've been passing the time lately with some mmos (and SMT:Nocturne ). I play with a friend and he wants to just (finally) stick with one and play it. Going to be truthful, I tend to game hop quite the bit, with only 3-4 mmos in my time playing them having kept me interested for more than 2 weeks-1 month.

But nonetheless, I've played many, many mmos, wouldn't be surprised if I've played most f2ps out there.
    Anyway, we're just trying to find one that will pass for a semi-longer term (if not permanent) game, since I may be able to talk him into playing FFXIV:ARR when it is finished.

We're currently playing Eden Eternal (more so me) but I get that icky p2w feeling, considering I spent 10$ and got those beginner packages, after reading around a bit and experiencing a bit of the CS firsthand, it has a whole, good now bad later thing going on.

^ You can really skip most of that

Actual criteria
    Not P2W, don't get me wrong I'm fine spending money a game that I enjoy, but when I feel that I NEED to to advance it just makes me not want to play. If the only way to make money is via the cs, or the only way to get X armor/skill etc, etc, I'll pass.

I was thinking of trying out Rusty Hearts/Dragon Nest/Dungeon Fighter again, but for some reason I find that instanced action games are more fun (with usually more unique classes), they dry up a lot quicker, where as the more grindy ones like EE/Flyff etc tend to entertain for more time.

The games I actually stuck with: Final Fantasy XI(years), Mabinogi(years), Grand Chase(years). Most everything else was less than 2 months all together I'd say, granted the games above I/we played on and off, but for far longer intervals and over the course of quite awhile.

Any suggestions are welcomed, considering that I've probably played a good amount of them, but not for any real significant amount of time if I could ask you to just give a slight tidbit of info on why it is enjoyable.

I sincerely apologize for posting so much, but I just thought I should get the situation out, whilst I risk wasting your time. I
    thank you kindly for taking the time to give me some assistance, it is much appreciated ^^.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Ever tried Dungeons and Dragons Online? It's also instanced but much more interesting than most instanced games.

Need something recent? Well Guild Wars 2, RaiderZ, they both have a healthy population and are not P2W yet and might last longer (even though they first need more content updates). Both have actiony combat too and are open world. :-)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

I'll list the games that I've come back to:

League of Legends
    Well now I feel like I have a shallow personality :/
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Thanks, I've tried DDO, didn't really stick with me. As for Raiderz, I want to see how it develops a bit (and it just makes me want to try Tera :P) and GW2, I pre-ordered it, but yet to actually buy it :X just lost interest in it over time. Thank you very much for the response though ^^
    and I did play a good amount of League, but Riots servers hate me, often shooting me up to 5k+ which inevitably lost me matches ,-, and it was only with League, so I decided to stop playing xD

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 11

Ragnarok, Rose Online, Lineage 2, and Aion, all come to mind for some degree of class diversity without overpowered cash shop items (unless you look at game economy value in which case the first 2 have a very large market for IM stuff). L2 and Aion probably have the larger communities of the ones listed as well. I think the Old Republic just went free to play as well.

(`*.( `*. .* ).* )
    (.*( .* `*. )`*. )

I see, thanks. I'll look into em' but...I've tried to play RO at least 5 Times, I want to like it @.@ but the setup confuses the hell out of me.
    I tend to look at skill/stat builds to get a feel for each class, and I know I want to be an Alchemist, but... on the wiki the builds for Alch change each new class and it kind of confuses me (unless you get a stat reset each class change, I've never made it past level 10, despite wanting to :X)

L2 and Aion, hm...tried L2 and it wasn't really my thing, I'll look deeper into Aion though, thanks again ^^