Looking for a MMO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by PeRo View Post
    I guess your right...since they are from guild wars 1 they aren't outfits.
    Those are the only outfits they offer, essentially only offering 3 different outfits, one per " armour " group. That is not what I am looking for.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Quote Originally Posted by KiraMunkey View Post
    While it has good customization, rangers are not up to par with other classes. On top of this the cash shop costumes are one time use skins. So Aion isn't for me.
    I'd disagree that ranger class is not up to part with other classes. Ranger is one of the most popular PVP classes in Aion because it's pretty good in solo PVP. Also you don't need skins from the cash shop. There are plenty of good looking ingame armours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    I'd disagree that ranger class is not up to part with other classes. Ranger is one of the most popular PVP classes in Aion because it's pretty good in solo PVP. Also you don't need skins from the cash shop. There are plenty of good looking ingame armours.
    The issue is all the ingame "armors" to me seem lacking to say the least. Only 1-2 sets even look remotely decent, and EVERYONE is wearing those same 1-2 sets. Also I am talking from a PVE point of view, not a PVP one, as I don't like PVP, all PVP turns into is who has the biggest wallet.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

You can transfer the looks of one armour to another one in Aion. If you want to look different, buy one of the low level armours and use their skin. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    You can transfer the looks of one armour to another one in Aion. If you want to look different, buy one of the low level armours and use their skin. :-)
    I know this. The only sets I "like" are the judgment ( I believe that is what they are called ) that everyone sells to the broker for 500k ( I have 20mil not an issue here ) the issue is everyone is wearing this set. Aion's biggest issue IMO is the 1 time use skins in cash shop, that cost 10-20 dollars.

I will not play an MMO that I don't like the look of my character to cap level, then get " good looking" equipment.

Any MMO that has
    Good customization ( even if it is just a wide variety of hair styles )
    Good costumes ( be it cash shop or not )
    A ranger class that doesn't blow chunks ( I am looking at you GW2, Fiesta )
    Is popular ( Has more than 200-300 players )

Do not suggest

GW2
    Aion
    Dragon Nest ( or any Nexon Game for that matter)
    Freemiums ( Conan etc )

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 32

SUN Online has a Valkyrie class(both male and female).Armor looks pretty cool you get +7 equipment from boxes and after browsing through the cash shop haven't seen anything that is game breaking.PvE wise they have isntances you can farm for exp and in game currency.Not sure if you are okay with using dual crossbows/launcher.Armor wise it looks cool to me

LoTRO has a nice ranger class though the armor might not be to your liking....and if you have the time it is completely f2p.

Try out War of Angels also it has nice looking gear and the ranger class is a lot of fun

As much as I LOVE the Lord of the Rings franchise, I really couldn't get into the game for some reason.

I tried Sun Online, just couldn't get into it.
    War of Angels is dying from what I have seen on their forums and ingame.

Any other suggestions?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

While it has good customization, rangers are not up to par with other classes. On top of this the cash shop costumes are one time use skins. So Aion isn't for me.
    What? Sorry I just had to stop here. Aion Rangers are by far the most Over-Powered of all of them, give or take the assassin. Aion also, is not Pay 2 win, it's just Pay 2 get there faster. I've played since 1.5, but quit a few months ago.

EDIT: I used to play this one game that had a really really good ranger class, although it was 2.5D and character customization was limited, although it looked nice. I played this back in 2008 though, not sure if it's still around but I could try to find it if you like.
    Last edited by Christian Tucker; 11-23-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Tucker View Post
    What? Sorry I just had to stop here. Aion Rangers are by far the most Over-Powered of all of them, give or take the assassin. Aion also, is not Pay 2 win, it's just Pay 2 get there faster. I've played since 1.5, but quit a few months ago.

EDIT: I used to play this one game that had a really really good ranger class, although it was 2.5D and character customization was limited, although it looked nice. I played this back in 2008 though, not sure if it's still around but I could try to find it if you like.
    Not trying to start an argument on Aion, but you should check the current cash shop out. Skins people spend 10's of hours farming to get, in the cash shop. Items that essentially GIVE you levels, enhancement dependent on the cash shop.

Also, as I said, I am talking a PvE standpoint, not a PvP one. PvP is IMPOSSIBLE to completely balance, as you have to take into account gears,cash shop,class etc.

And unfortantly I am not looking for a 2.5dmmorpg or a 2d sidescroller.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Not trying to start an argument on Aion, but you should check the current cash shop out. Skins people spend 10's of hours farming to get, in the cash shop. Items that essentially GIVE you levels, enhancement dependent on the cash shop.

Also, as I said, I am talking a PvE standpoint, not a PvP one. PvP is IMPOSSIBLE to completely balance, as you have to take into account gears,cash shop,class etc.

And unfortantly I am not looking for a 2.5dmmorpg or a 2d sidescroller.
    Yeah, but it's not really "Pay 2 win" anything that gives an advantage in the shop you can earn in-game, it's just difficult. Either way, I don't want to turn your thread into an argument topic.

----

I'm also looking for something to play, because I'm tired of my current games. If you find something your willing to try out shoot me a PM, because I'm interested in almost anything at this point. You can check my thread to see the games I've tried and look at them if any sound interesting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast