Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: c9 question

  1. #1
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    7

    Default c9 question

    was c9 released in thai or south korea first? or japan? so confused T_T

    I just want to know because I am waiting for the Christmas event and want to know which one has been out the longest so I can look at the events/items and get a nice feeling inside

  2. #2
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 51

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,531
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monkuar View Post
    was c9 released in thai or south korea first? or japan? so confused T_T

    I just want to know because I am waiting for the Christmas event and want to know which one has been out the longest so I can look at the events/items and get a nice feeling inside
    Korea was first.

  3. #3
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly1337 View Post
    Korea was first.
    so the main developers were from south korea?

    Why in the hell did the south korean server shut down then? shouldn't that one be the best since that's where the market share was? I mean NA is good, but since the shutdown of the korean, all the koreans are coming and flooding the US Servers and pvp is just stupid now. the lag is just dumb.

    They need to make another korean server to get these guys out of here

  4. #4
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monkuar View Post
    so the main developers were from south korea?

    Why in the hell did the south korean server shut down then? shouldn't that one be the best since that's where the market share was? I mean NA is good, but since the shutdown of the korean, all the koreans are coming and flooding the US Servers and pvp is just stupid now. the lag is just dumb.

    They need to make another korean server to get these guys out of here
    cus d game sux.

  5. #5
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 52
    Beatrix23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,413
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    cus d game sux.
    Über Fail Troll strikes again. Apparently, K-server had operating and publishing problems. Not so much because the game sucked. Eventhough, the game itself is considered quite old. And it has its flaws, but what game is perfect? Global so far has been considered a succes im sure. Global still needs bulletshooter, blade dancer and 5th continent with lv63 cap. They should focus on the netwerk code and bring out more content after that. I seriously hope the development doesnt stop.

    Also name a better pvp game in its exact genre? Oh wait...there isnt any. Nice try. The pve isnt half bad either. Only warden makes me facepalm.

  6. #6
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    Über Fail Troll strikes again. Apparently, K-server had operating and publishing problems. Not so much because the game sucked. Eventhough, the game itself is considered quite old. And it has its flaws, but what game is perfect? Global so far has been considered a succes im sure. Global still needs bulletshooter, blade dancer and 5th continent with lv63 cap. They should focus on the netwerk code and bring out more content after that. I seriously hope the development doesnt stop.

    Also name a better pvp game in its exact genre? Oh wait...there isnt any. Nice try. The pve isnt half bad either. Only warden makes me facepalm.

    Ignore the trolls, kid is a fruitmuffin.

    You're right though, the korean one had publishing problems and they even said they will re-open again sometime soon. So that does show you Webzen does care. Don't know why some people hate on them for no reason, mostly I hear kids coming here crying about being banned for bug abusing then expect an apology and sympathetic replies from onrpg members, lol. Really webzen is not that bad, they're doing great with the global.


    The only problem is, im not complaining, just telling it how it is; is that sometimes in PVP we get people that are red bar and cant even type english, it's clearly evident they are from korea or somewhere across the NA State...

    The issue I am having though, is sure they can come play here, but why in the hell didn't they just sign up for the EU Server? It would be way less laggier for them. That's where I think they just come to NA to win because of "lag". Im not qqing, sure I get owned by people in red-bar fair and square. BUT............

    SOMETIMES, those red bar's hit me when im half away across the map and it's just painfully obvious. I believe some type of IP restriction should be in place, or maybe even have a new module system for the pvp arena to separate users by ip allocation per country...

    Or something of that sort.


    And Gosh Damn I wish they had angel wings or something to beable to mount on your character for an awesome effect. That would be so freaking awesome looking... (I'd prob end up jerking while playing) LOL
    Last edited by monkuar; 11-20-2012 at 10:18 AM.

  7. #7
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    Über Fail Troll strikes again. Apparently, K-server had operating and publishing problems. Not so much because the game sucked. Eventhough, the game itself is considered quite old. And it has its flaws, but what game is perfect? Global so far has been considered a succes im sure. Global still needs bulletshooter, blade dancer and 5th continent with lv63 cap. They should focus on the netwerk code and bring out more content after that. I seriously hope the development doesnt stop.

    Also name a better pvp game in its exact genre? Oh wait...there isnt any. Nice try. The pve isnt half bad either. Only warden makes me facepalm.
    the combat is like you're playing disney on ice.

    also monkuar, you're a fruitmuffin.

  8. #8
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    the combat is like you're playing disney on ice.

    also monkuar, you're a fruitmuffin.
    The combat is the best style I've ever played. And that is someone coming from an old player of RYL... (Which is borderline the best gameplay style of any MMORPG even to-date) and it's almost 15 years old.

    I don't play point and click games like your wow crap and aion horse sh*t either. I need fast paced, 100% control of your character and whatnot. Risk Your Life shaped the development of games today in movability and quickness/reactions/movespeed/timing/etc/etc....

    If you like games where you click a couple hotkeys and attack 1 mob at a time, that's fine and dandy, but for me that's the most boring sht in the world.



    Would you rather have this.....


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrauy6_BsKA
    (Look how slow that is? Point and click much? My grandma could play this crap)



    OR This............

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBmI...ature=youtu.be
    (One of the top Korean Pro's)


    As in my opinion, I don't know about you, but c9 definately beats the market for moveability/reaction/speed/quickness. I think you should invest more time actually lvling up your character instead of trolling these forums, trust me the pvp on c9 is insane. That is just a quick example searching youtube. Vindictus is a little bit faster paced, but not even borderline as fast. I have not checked Blade and soul, but the video here looks like it's slow as sht compared to c9 as well. (What is that, 2-3 seconds between attacks?) Like I said, my grandma could play that sht.

    Have a nice day,

  9. #9
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 52
    Beatrix23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,413
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    On EU server we also have laggers. Most of them are from Turkey. Which is technically in Asia. And they also tend to have weak internet. So you get distance problems, while C9 was originally made for Korea. Which has superior internet structure. That makes online gaming almost feel like LAN. Same with Street Fighter series for example. Another game that is very latency sensitive. You will lag online in EU and US. And you will fail 1 frame link/string combos. Depending on the opponents geographic location. Peer-to-peer network is a biatch.

    People have been complaining all the time to Webzen. That they should fix the lag problems. But little do they know. Webzen cant really fix it. You have distance problems, no matter what you do. So they decided to split EU into EAST and WEST side. Hoping players will join those channels for a better pvp experience. But nobody uses these pvp channels. All players join the most populated first channel. Meanwhile Ranked pvp is still risky. Lagger scout or warden can just spam skills all day long. And they be relatively safe. While a melee class gets screwed hard.

    Global still misses a HUGE amount of costumes and other cosmetic items compared to foreign servers. I'm sure christmas will bring some sort of limited event.

  10. #10
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    On EU server we also have laggers. Most of them are from Turkey. Which is technically in Asia. And they also tend to have weak internet. So you get distance problems, while C9 was originally made for Korea. Which has superior internet structure. That makes online gaming almost feel like LAN. Same with Street Fighter series for example. Another game that is very latency sensitive. You will lag online in EU and US. And you will fail 1 frame link/string combos. Depending on the opponents geographic location. Peer-to-peer network is a biatch.

    People have been complaining all the time to Webzen. That they should fix the lag problems. But little do they know. Webzen cant really fix it. You have distance problems, no matter what you do. So they decided to split EU into EAST and WEST side. Hoping players will join those channels for a better pvp experience. But nobody uses these pvp channels. All players join the most populated first channel. Meanwhile Ranked pvp is still risky. Lagger scout or warden can just spam skills all day long. And they be relatively safe. While a melee class gets screwed hard.

    Global still misses a HUGE amount of costumes and other cosmetic items compared to foreign servers. I'm sure christmas will bring some sort of limited event.

    IF you check out that pvp video I linked above, when he uses grab strike, that's the connection you're talking about EXACTLY.

    Unfortunately, it lags 1-2 seconds for me when I play my BM, so either I need to duel only us people, or figure out an alternative for grab strike.

  11. #11
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,845
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    the combat is like you're playing disney on ice.
    Nice simile.

    Quote Originally Posted by monkuar View Post


    Would you rather have this.....


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrauy6_BsKA
    (Look how slow that is? Point and click much? My grandma could play this crap)



    OR This............

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBmI...ature=youtu.be
    (One of the top Korean Pro's)
    I'd honestly rather have something better than both, but I'd pick TERA. C9 looks and feels horrible.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  12. #12
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 51

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,531
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monkuar View Post
    so the main developers were from south korea?

    Why in the hell did the south korean server shut down then? shouldn't that one be the best since that's where the market share was? I mean NA is good, but since the shutdown of the korean, all the koreans are coming and flooding the US Servers and pvp is just stupid now. the lag is just dumb.

    They need to make another korean server to get these guys out of here
    Korean server will re-open soon under the hands of webzen.

    Japan server was development priority since a long time (main server).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Nice simile.



    I'd honestly rather have something better than both, but I'd pick TERA. C9 looks and feels horrible.

    Strangely enough it still looks better than most current mmos (especially f2p) even though it was released in 2009.

    And stop talking about shitty tera, how can you even compare these two games.

    Conclusion, if you say c9 feels horrible, you didn't play further than lvl 10 (probably), enough said.



    also this video: http://youtu.be/6wyu2CBbc_Y?t=1m24s

    How can this "feel" bad? It's honestly the best combat system I've ever seen in any game.

    or this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9oa7sqyxF0 ( a fight between EU's top players )
    Last edited by charly1337; 11-20-2012 at 11:21 AM.

  13. #13
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 52
    Beatrix23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,413
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Blade Dancer solo hell dungeon 54. Watch in 1080p. It doesnt look bad. Show me a game with the same style, animations and speed. No? Thought so.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnzPI...eature=related

  14. #14
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 51

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,531
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    Blade Dancer solo hell dungeon 54. Watch in 1080p. It doesnt look bad. Show me a game with the same style, animations and speed. No? Thought so.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnzPI...eature=related
    I'm waiting for the comment that says "Vindictus is more fluid".

  15. #15
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,845
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly1337 View Post
    Korean server will re-open soon under the hands of webzen.

    Japan server was development priority since a long time (main server).




    Strangely enough it still looks better than most current mmos (especially f2p) even though it was released in 2009.

    And stop talking about shitty tera, how can you even compare these two games.

    Conclusion, if you say c9 feels horrible, you didn't play further than lvl 10 (probably), enough said.



    also this video: http://youtu.be/6wyu2CBbc_Y?t=1m24s

    How can this "feel" bad? It's honestly the best combat system I've ever seen in any game.

    or this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9oa7sqyxF0 ( a fight between EU's top players )
    Not to me it doesn't. But that's an opinion just like yours.

    I wasn't the one who made the comparison, Monkuar did; I only answered the question honestly. If you have a problem with the comparison then take it up with the person making it.

    You're absolutely right, I didn't even make it to level 10 in this game because I personally didn't like the gameplay. Please let me know what level I need to reach in C9 before I can come back here and say the exact same thing and I'll get right on that ASAP though. Looking forward to that, I really am.

    I mean, who doesn't like a game where a sword and shield user headbutts their opponent? I'm a damn fool for not liking that.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  16. #16
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 15
    Redonkulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    the combat is like you're playing disney on ice.

    also monkuar, you're a fruitmuffin.

  17. #17
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 51

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,531
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Not to me it doesn't. But that's an opinion just like yours.

    I wasn't the one who made the comparison, Monkuar did; I only answered the question honestly. If you have a problem with the comparison then take it up with the person making it.

    You're absolutely right, I didn't even make it to level 10 in this game because I personally didn't like the gameplay. Please let me know what level I need to reach in C9 before I can come back here and say the exact same thing and I'll get right on that ASAP though. Looking forward to that, I really am.

    I mean, who doesn't like a game where a sword and shield user headbutts their opponent? I'm a damn fool for not liking that.
    Probably 20-30, since at 20 you can advance to a real class, and the more skills you get, the better the game gets, simple as that

  18. #18
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,845
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly1337 View Post
    Probably 20-30, since at 20 you can advance to a real class, and the more skills you get, the better the game gets, simple as that
    So I have to play the game for 20-30 levels, to get skills that make the game better but do nothing for the horrible skill animations, like the Blademaster user swinging with one hand while maintaining a 2handed fighting stance and thrusting his sword like a spear, which looks like a completely unstable way of using that type of weapon? Or the awkward looking movement that literally makes the character look like it's sliding across the ground? And what about that ridiculous way the characters float while being knocked up by skills...and then get knocked into the ground with that stereotypical earth shattering impact...only to be lifted again in wonderful double digital combos?

    Because, I've like never seen that before, ever.

    Am I supposed to like that or does that get better when you hit level 20-30? Because the way that Blademaster looks like he's moving reminds me of how clumsy and ungraceful the knights in Wizards and Warriors on the NES were. At least that game has an excuse though because it's like a quarter of a century old.

    But again, that's just me and I've not played the game much, just going by the videos I've seen so far and my general impressions, which weren't great.

    I have a question about C9. I've looked at the I guess high level videos of players that are good at the game and I'm still not even remotely impressed by what I saw. When does this game start to look better than that? I'm not even joking either, because this game looks more and more like crap to me the more I see of it, especially now that I'm noticing more about it.

    Because if that's the best you can show me of the best action MMORPG out, I think I might just have to give up on the genre.
    Last edited by Kashis; 11-20-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  19. #19
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 51

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,531
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis;2889738 like the Blademaster user swinging with one hand while maintaining a 2handed fighting stance [B
    not sure what u mean
    [/B]
    and thrusting his sword like a spear, which looks like a completely unstable way of using that type of weapon? ehm, is this a game or a realistic fighting simulation? lol

    Or the awkward looking movement that literally makes the character look like it's sliding across the ground? that's blademaster specific, only they can do this

    And what about that ridiculous way the characters float while being knocked up by skills...and then get knocked into the ground with that stereotypical earth shattering impact...only to be lifted again in wonderful double digital combos? well, that's the combo system, that's what the game consists of

    To me it seems that you forget, that this is infact a game, and not some reallife fighting simulator, and actually the combos are the most fun part about this game, it's all about getting the enemy into your combo, it's incredibly strategic


    Because, I've like never seen that before, ever. well, simply because other mmo's don't really have a combo system or something compareable to this

    Am I supposed to like that or does that get better when you hit level 20-30? Because the way that Blademaster looks like he's moving reminds me of how clumsy and ungraceful the knights in Wizards and Warriors on the NES were. At least that game has an excuse though because it's like a quarter of a century old. only blademaster moves like that, like I said

    But again, that's just me and I've not played the game much, just going by the videos I've seen so far and my general impressions, which weren't great. watch the videos I've shown in my post, maybe not the blademaster one if you dislike that so much, but the others (especially the c9 best assassin video) are worth watching

    I have a question about C9. I've looked at the I guess high level videos of players that are good at the game and I'm still not even remotely impressed by what I saw. When does this game start to look better than that? I'm not even joking either, because this game looks more and more like crap to me the more I see of it, especially now that I'm noticing more about it. watch the assassin video .. I'm sure 95 % of the people here don't have the "skills/reaction time" to play like that, c9 is all about countering other people, knowing their moves, predicting them, a bit like a strategy game

    Because if that's the best you can show me of the best action MMORPG out, I think I might just have to give up on the genre.
    see above

    10char

  20. #20
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Funny how these threads always turn into a "yes/no" type of battle.

    Very amusing to read, keep it up ppl ;D.

  21. #21
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,845
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly1337 View Post
    see above

    10char
    Watch the video; you're the one who linked it.

    The blade master looks bad while doing that. It's not a good thing what is the simple point I'm trying to make. This game is supposed to have the best looking animations though? Give me a break.

    I don't care for that style of combo system. If I wanted to play a fighting game like that I'd play MvC3 or KoF, which I also don't have an interest in. The kind of combat doesn't always make a game good and C9 doesn't even do it particularly well nor did they make it look interesting to me.

    Plenty of games have combo systems, that is not a new thing but if you want to keep telling yourself that just like the people who tell themselves that the questing system in GW2 is unique, be my guest.

    I started watching other videos of gameplay from C9, including Assassin gameplay. They still look bad to me because I don't care for the game's physics. It's exactly, as Candyholic said, the characters pretty much look like they are sliding on ice during knockback. It looks horrible and I'm not sure how anyone can say this game has the best looking animations, not after seeing them. But again, that's my opinion.

    I wouldn't know what percentage of people have the ability to play the game on a high/competitive level and I really don't care. Being good in this game means nothing to me because I don't like the gameplay physics, animations or style. To me, what you are you are telling and showing me is no different than showing me videos of people playing CoD, and how good they are and the game is because of that. Seeing as I've tried it already, showing me gameplay videos doesn't really change how I feel about it, since I've already seen a number of them already, including the ones you've shown.

    Let me keep it simple for you, I didn't like the game when I tried it out and had no interest in leveling up higher to start enjoying the game, by your standards. Nothing you have said or shown me has changed my opinion either. If you like the game and think it's the epitome of action combat among MMORPGs then that's great man, but personally I don't think the game is good. Everything just looked and felt "meh" to me though. I really didn't bother giving the game enough attention to go in depth about the pros and cons of it, like I normally do, because it didn't leave me with an impression that it would be worth doing it. I've felt the same way about games I've enjoyed as well.

    So in short, I've leveled up in enough games I didn't like over the years. This won't be one of them.

    Thanks for convincing me I haven't wasted my time with the game though and I'm not missing out on anything. I really do appreciate that.
    Last edited by Kashis; 11-20-2012 at 04:20 PM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  22. #22
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 52
    Beatrix23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,413
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    I really didn't bother giving the game enough attention to go in depth about the pros and cons of it, like I normally do, because it didn't leave me with an impression that it would be worth doing it. I've felt the same way about games I've enjoyed as well.
    Thats the only thing you needed to say. Thanks for that.

  23. #23
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,845
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    Thats the only thing you needed to say. Thanks for that.
    No problem. It's not hard to figure out a game is going to be good or bad based on first impressions most of the time and this wasn't a difficult case.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  24. #24
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 51

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,531
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Watch the video; you're the one who linked it.

    The blade master looks bad while doing that. It's not a good thing what is the simple point I'm trying to make. This game is supposed to have the best looking animations though? Give me a break. Who said "best animations"? We said best combat system.

    I don't care for that style of combo system. If I wanted to play a fighting game like that I'd play MvC3 or KoF, which I also don't have an interest in. The kind of combat doesn't always make a game good and C9 doesn't even do it particularly well nor did they make it look interesting to me. You never even combo'd in that game, I'm wondering how you can judge that ("c9 doesn't even do it particularly well")

    Well, even if you don't like combos you can still like c9, because classes like ranger don't use combos, only pure aiming skill like in a shooter.

    Plenty of games have combo systems, that is not a new thing but if you want to keep telling yourself that just like the people who tell themselves that the questing system in GW2 is unique, be my guest. Tell me mmo's that have such an indepth combo system, even dragon nest doesn't really have it like that

    I started watching other videos of gameplay from C9, including Assassin gameplay. They still look bad to me because I don't care for the game's physics. It's exactly, as Candyholic said, the characters pretty much look like they are sliding on ice during knockback. It looks horrible and I'm not sure how anyone can say this game has the best looking animations, not after seeing them. But again, that's my opinion. WHO SAID IT HAS THE BEST ANIMATIONS? ..

    And trust me, when you play, you won't feel like sliding on ice (only if you dash in attack stance on blademaster, but that's intended)


    Let me keep it simple for you, I didn't like the game when I tried it out and had no interest in leveling up higher to start enjoying the game, by your standards. Nothing you have said or shown me has changed my opinion either. If you like the game and think it's the epitome of action combat among MMORPGs then that's great man, but personally I don't think the game is good. Everything just looked and felt "meh" to me though. I really didn't bother giving the game enough attention to go in depth about the pros and cons of it, like I normally do, because it didn't leave me with an impression that it would be worth doing it. I've felt the same way about games I've enjoyed as well. Well, that's okay, I accept your opinion, some people just don't like action mmo's and rather play conservative games/mmo's

    So in short, I've leveled up in enough games I didn't like over the years. This won't be one of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Please let me know what level I need to reach in C9 before I can come back here and say the exact same thing and I'll get right on that ASAP though. Looking forward to that, I really am.
    Nice to see you changing your opinion so fast



    Thanks for convincing me I haven't wasted my time with the game though and I'm not missing out on anything. I really do appreciate that.

    1010101001char

  25. #25
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,845
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly1337 View Post
    1010101001char
    First off, I wasn't changing my opinion, that was sarcasm. I keep forgetting that it's not always apparent, but instead of singling out that statement try reading it in the context of what I said. That is a bad habit on my part, my bad.

    I gave a number of examples of sarcasm throughout my posts though, so to me that should have been obvious. Again, maybe it wasn't since you and I don't really talk to each other much and it could be hard to tell.

    Second, Rakion has a gameplay style similar to this game, which I mentioned in another thread.



    You ask an objective member of the community to view this and C9 gameplay and see if they don't see similarities in the combat. And that game came out in 2005.

    3rd, no one said it had the best animations, though Beatrix in post #13 says

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    Blade Dancer solo hell dungeon 54. Watch in 1080p. It doesnt look bad. Show me a game with the same style, animations and speed. No? Thought so.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnzPI...eature=related
    You guys have been saying this game is the best of the action mmorpgs out right now, right? Would that also include the game having the best animations as well or no? I made comments in regard to how bad some of the animations are based on observations in the videos you linked, as part of the reason why I do not find this game to be all that good or close to being the best. Granted a lot of those comments are meant to be in a facetious manner about them being the best, but I guess that didn't come out that way.

    Like I said, I played the game, didn't care for the physics, quit. Can't understand how you guys swear up and down this game is the best but to each their own. I've played enough games to know that this game ain't nothing special, including the combo system, which was based on visual observations, which I said already.
    Last edited by Kashis; 11-20-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: added some junk.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •