Thread: Which game is better overall? EVE or STO

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Default Which game is better overall? EVE or STO

I've played EVE a bit, I enjoy it alot.. expecially the hardcore aspects of the game. But Star Trek online looks like a pretty solid game in itself, but it went from P2P to F2p, just wondering if STO is near as good in comparison to EVE.. is there alot of content in STO, is the PVP good?

thanks.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 31

I think it really depends. While they seem quite similar, they differ quite a bit (STO having ground combat and EVE being 100% space based). Both have great customization, allowing you to speck as you see fit. Another thing is STO is a theme park mmo, and EVE is a sandbox. When you get down to the nitty gritty I'd say STO comes out on top simply for its content. The game has quite a bit to offer, its f2p option is actually sound, there is two modes of content that play differently (ground and space). I think the overall best part of STO is that it has the future potential to never run out of content due to its player designed content options. Every time I look back from time to time they are adding something new.

I suggest giving it a go and see if it really suits you. It's free, so it wont hurt your wallet if you wind up not liking it.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 92

I like EVE better. I never really got into Star Trek's ground combat. It just felt really lacking in substance.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 29

They are two different games entirely. While i do love EVE, i also love STO. EVE being an extremely large sandbox space sim cannot becompair to STO's Storybased/Intance based arcade combat. Try STO though its a great game that has little grind and the combat is quite fun and unique... (Its also hilarious when you start to personify your crew members.)

Forum PvPer Reputation: 383

i'd say play STO as it actually involves you playing.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Thanks for the replys guys, I think I'm going with STO for the simple fact its F2P and as WerewolfX said, it actually involves you playing. xD

my ign is Bowens if anyone else plays!

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 12

STO Space battles are really good, i hated the ground combat though.