Best-Anime-MMORPGs *UPDATED*

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 60

I can explain my in-game experiences with a few Anime MMORPGs. it'll take quite some time to read I'm sure.

Angels Online
    This is an Isometric no-camera change (2D, as I won't call it 2.5D unless it's like Ragnarok) Anime-based MMORPG published by IGG. The game is heavily based on angels, Lucifer, and other religious icons, though a bit dumbed down for everyday people and kids. The game's target audience actually is kids on top of that, what with all the cutesy artwork, mobs, no blood, housing system, in-game botting system, etc. The game also is targeted at casual players rather than hardcore MMORPG players. At least, this is how it was until the totem war system came out, and guilds started kicking out players who never participated in totem wars. Why is this important to guilds? Because if a guild gets a territory, they gain access to a special dungeon area that has special monsters in it that give x2~x3 the normal EXP that the mobs of that level do normally. Totem Wars also present a problem to anti-PK people. On channel one of each server, during a totem war... each and every territory that is up for grabs has PK enabled. But if you go out of a territory, it no longer is. Also, totems in territory lands will not revive you unless you are part of the guild that owns said territory. This makes it a bit harder to level later on unless you wander allllllll the way back to a totem that isn't up for grabs, or have a resurrection item from the item mall. (Which is very overpriced, much like all of IGG's item malls save for Wonderland Online.) The game's item mall also sports those devastating lucky bags in the item mall, which unlike most publishers, has a very, very low chance at giving you even medium-tier stuff as a reward. IGG is just hell bent on making Angels Online survive, after Angel Love Online 2 made such a catastrophe here due to it being instanced only, and no real mount customization, and no longer allowing you to craft robots yourself (for the most part) among other things.

Wonderland Online
    Wonderland Online is a very "different" Anime-based MMORPG than most MMORPGs out there. It's still isometric like Angels Online, still no camera changing, so it still is 2D. But what is really interesting about it is the whole turn-based battle system with random encounters (unless you're in an area with no random encounters, and mobs appear on screen, specific dungeons do this.) There is a very small battle transition effect, which is just the intro music playing for the battle theme. There is a countdown timer for players who are slower than other players to react... usually 20 seconds before the game auto-chooses for that player (last action, or wait, no defend.) The game, unlike others from IGG, isn't targeted at young kids, it's more targeted at young teens and young adults, mainly due to its artwork and storyline, etc. Speaking of storyline, it's one of the few non-instanced MMORPGs to have cutscenes in it. Other than these features, the game sports a botting system using a "Remote Control" which feels a lot like Ether Saga Odyssey's remote control system. However, this remote control has two versions, the simple one is enough for if you plan to auto-attack and just grind away the night for low-gold items to sell in the morning... while the advanced version (item mall only, 7-days I think?) Can do a lot more, such as filter items (I think?) among other things. The game also has an extremely detailed-orientated crafting system, which is often based around vehicles and furniture for your tent/home. Speaking of the housing system, the housing system allows you to create special furniture, like bathtubs that increase your heal rate as long as you bathe in them. There are also other furniture that allows you to automate crafting, such as the computer. (Which integrates well with the maid robot lady from the item mall, who isn't too over-priced.) However, big stuff like these are very hard to craft without a lot of money on hand, or connections to the outside world. Speaking of, this game has a world map that you travel with said aforementioned vehicles. Vehicles have durability, those with higher durability often need fuel. (There's even a space shuttle, which needs the most expensive fuel, and can even take you to space if they finally added that world map area.) if you happen to have a friend who can take you out of the world map, and is dedicated to the game enough, you will not need a vehicle almost ever, as you can just set your save point to the new land, and teleport back to the island when needed. The only real downside of this game is the amount of effort you need to put in remembering crafting recipes, as there's no precious wiki to help you usually. There is no guild system either, unless they finally added that. In Wonderland Online, you don't choose a "Class" at the beginning of the game. Instead, you choose an element, which will determine what skills you can learn and all that. Water is treated as the main healer, though can learn some pretty good attacks, buffs, etc. Rock/Earth is often the tank, but again, can learn some good attacks, etc. The forums have guides for making tanks and whatnot out of each type of element though.

Grand Fantasia
    Grand Fantasia is a 3D MMORPG made by X-Legend, published by Aeria Games (Spanish, French and English.) The game's target audience is mostly young kids, young teens and young-adults. The game relies heavily on a special "Pet" called Sprites. originally, these sprites were purely cosmetic and helped you craft, etc. Further into the game's history, they became more involved in battling your enemies, etc. Then, eventually, there was a sprite arena system, and then sprite battle skills. (This whole evolution of sprites was what put me off mainly.) The game is very low-spec, even though it has many, many memory leaks, and whatnot. The game relies heavily on people who use the cash shop in certain situations (IE: Level 70+ yellow equipment, which if you want to craft easily, and make better, you need a special item called Sprite King's Something Lv.X (yeah, different tiers of it)) There are also easy-modo armor sets for sale in the item mall called "Legacy Sets," which level with your character. (However, they aren't as powerful as some late-game orange armor sets with set effects, etc. They're mainly for leveling the character as they all have EXP boosts, etc.) grand Fantasia has generic classes like other MMORPGs that are class-based. There is the Warrior, Wizard, priest/Cleric, etc. As per normal. These all branch off later into better classes. Such as priest, who branches off to Sage (Can go invisible, can transform) and Cleric/High-Priest. Speaking of going invisible. Sage and theif invisibility can only be stopped in two ways: AOE and them using an attack. In guild wars / crystal arenas, make sure to spam AOEs around crystals you have captures, you never know who may be hiding. Oh also, grand Fantasia sports an acheivement system (it came very late in the game's history) that allows you to get permanent stat boosts based on what you completed. I believe there is also an item codex entry list that, if you collect various item sets, you get a permanent bonus to stats as long as the item stays in the codex (Yes, you can take them out.) The game has a durability system as well, so make sure you repair your equipment. Some equipment will lose max durability or break altogether if your enhancing (Plusing) fails. Broken equipment is deleted from your character.

Fiesta
    Fiesta is a 3D MMORPG published by Outspark. The game relies heavily on team-building / community in certain spots , but overall, the game is pretty solo-based (save for some dungeons / late-game areas.) I'm not going to go into how this game works fully, but here's a few things I know. The enhancement system (Plusing) will destroy the equipment, materials for it, and the gold needed if it fails even at +1. So be careful while plusing your equipment. There's also a special system where you can add effects, though it's harder to use than the plusing system as I recall (materials are rarer I believe, and whatnot.) The game's entire item mall is based around timed stuff, houses, costumes, mounts, everything. There may be a very, very rare contest / event that sells a perma version of something, but usually never. The game's graphics leave something to be desired, and even Grand Fantasia's graphics could be considered better in some cases than Fiesta's. The game has no botting system as I recall when I played Open Beta, and items that are dropped barely sell for anything anywhere. So if you like a heavy grind, this game is pretty solid for you. Though I wouldn't touch it with a 12-foot pole, since Eden Eternal is way better.

Eden Eternal
    It is a 3D MMORPG. This game was the last non-uber-cute game from X-Legend (Spirit Tales came after.) The game is based on the same engine from Grand Fantasia and Kitsu Saga, though a bit more optimized. The game relies a lot on guilds and stuff, mainly for later level crafting. Why? Because NPCs don't sell equipment beyond level 30-35 unless you get high reputation from some NPCs in the main city. Like Grand Fantasia, it sports an equipment tier system: White, Green, Blue, Orange, Purple and Yellow. The purple equips are "Cursed" (In Kitsu Saga, Purple equips were the best) and have uber low durability, but have insane stats in comparison to orange and higher equips. Equips higher than level 40 require you to go to a guild town and buy materials (if that guild has the appropriately leveled merchant to sell them) as well as materials from the specific leveled area, AND you must go to a guild with the appropriately leveled weapon / equipment maker to make your equipment... or else. Guilds can set taxes on all of these features in their guild towns. Some guilds often set high taxes so that they can get people to join their guild so that they won't have to pay said high taxes. (1000% tax for instance.) In all, this game isn't that great if you don't want to join a guild, or don't have a lot of time to grind, or don't have money to sell item mall stuff to people. Oh also, don't bother with the whole eden crystal tier random thing, it's rigged I tell you. if you're looking for a more community-based MMORPG with anime styles... wait for Lime Odyssey.

Phantasy Star Online 2 (JP)
    I have only played the Japanese version of this, but from what I know of SEGA, they often straight port between languages. It is a 3D MMORPG that is instanced. The game has a story that you can follow, as well as stories for specific NPCs (via event monoliths that appear in the instances.) Each story chapter is preceeded by a lovely "Chapter X - Chapter title" title card with a small music clip. Unlike the previous Phantasy Star Online, this game is all online, no offline mode at all. The game also has a modular premium service: Housing (Room for the default house), Being able to SELL on the player market (Anyone can buy from it), being able to initiate TRADES (Anyone can accept as I recall), and extra bank space. There isn't much to tell besides the fact it has no PVP at all (not even duels.) But it does have a leader-board system for world events (Such as the city infestation event, Big Varda, etc.) You can also register yourself for a friend card system. When you do, and you have someone as a friend, you appear on the Friends tab for getting NPCs in the comship mercenary console. When called, you are set at the level that the person who called you is set at (your equipment scales I believe) and if you complete a mission with said friend, they may receive FUN points, which is the other premium currency (only used for specific scratch cards for random items, etc.) Although the housing system requires premium to use, you can pick up furniture sometimes from monsters even if you have no premium housing module activated. They sell for a lot more than other dropped items via NPCs. So it's a great way to get meseta if you don't have premium housing. Like TERA, the game sports a manual aim mode, but like Guild Wars / 2, it also sports an auto-target mode based on what area of an enemy you hover over. (To switch between each mode, press Z, the default key.) Make sure to turn on "Click to lock on" rather than "Hold to lock on." Makes the game hella easier.

Remnant Knights
    I didn't really get into this game much (I'll explain that in a moment) but it is a 3D MMORPG school-based. The game has a housing system (dorm room I guess you could call it) and I believe only friends can enter it. But here's the reason why I stopped playing it. I heard from an in-game player that after level 24, the other school can PK you without any warning. So I stopped. Not much to say otherwise. Didn't notice any dungeons because I didn't get that far because they would be in PK areas, etc.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

I didn't TL;DR this one <3.. but just a bit too pre-occupied to add it on page 1 (will do asap)

*goes back to sketching*

DrHime |MsNakita
    SD Gundam - League of Legends (PH) - Grand Chase

Heads or Tails Reputation: 57

FLYFF,Tales of Pirates 2,Nostale,Cloud Nine,Ether Saga Oddysey,Maplestory,Ragnarok 2,Wakfu,Watermargin,Wonderking,Wind Slayer2,Wonderland Online,Luminary,Lunia,Digimon Battle... are missing

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Gforce97 View Post
    FLYFF,Tales of Pirates 2,Nostale,Cloud Nine,Ether Saga Oddysey,Maplestory,Ragnarok 2,Wakfu,Watermargin,Wonderking,Wind Slayer2,Wonderland Online,Luminary,Lunia,Digimon Battle... are missing
    The person's really busy even though this is an old topic. Makes me wonder

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Luvinia is now Luvinia World publisher by SOA Games, not Outspark.

http://luviniaworld.com/home.php

I just now noticed the website has been completely redesigned.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by windrider07 View Post

Join "2 million" players.. Yeah right.

Remnant Knights is closing/closed.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by windrider07 View Post

Join "2 million" players.. Yeah right.

Remnant Knights is closing/closed.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 41

is digimon any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynosphere View Post
    that works to lmao. we should all make a guild lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Koga View Post
    But then lmao. it will last lmao. about 2 days lmao. just like every other onrpg guild lmao. lmao.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 15

Trickster and Knight Age are closed.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    Where ever you will live, I will find you

I like to play Phantasy Star Online 2 But I can't understand Japanese. Still stuck at Rusty Hearts

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast