Where is Omar?!?!?

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Default Where is Omar?!?!?

IN THE NAME OF THE YOUTUBE COMMUNITY!
    I HERE BY DEMAND KNOWING WHERE IS OMAR?!?!
    HE IS NOT DEAD!
    HE KEEPS DOING WEEKLY RECAPS!
    HE IS ALIVE !
    WE DEMAND INFORMATION ON HIS WHEREABOUTS !

When I first started gaming I was a big part (visitor) of the ONRPG forums.
    Checked on daily basis...
    One time, I went youtubing for a Gameplay when I came across a "First look" on a game (I can't recall which game was it but it has no value now)
    OMAR! HE CRACKED ME UP.
    I then checked EVERY first look he released.
    he knew what to point out, what to tell me, us, the community.
    What's good and bad about games.

His fast language and reviews made MMOHUT's youtube channel my favorite channel on youtube.

AND ONE DAY HE JUST VANISHED!

Now, I don't want to be mean?
    But the new guys? they are BAD.
    they -play- they don't really tell me what I want to hear in a First look.

Where's Omar?!

Game Journalist Reputation: 346

You must be new here.

First, it's Omer, not Omar. Second, you answer your own question. He still does weekly recaps. He decided he did not want to do anymore than that from now own, so he sold MMOHut and only does the weekly recaps.

Dizzy, JamesB0nde, Mikedot and the others are great. I do not see why you would say they were "bad".

Also, OnRPG and MMOhut didn't start sharing a forum until earlier this year. And Omer sold MMOhut a long while ago. So I do not see why being a visitor of OnRPG forum (unless you meant MMOhut?) would have any bearing on how big of a fan of Omer and MMOhut you are.

You get the same quality content with the new guys that you get with Omer. The only difference is the voice. If you really can't enjoy videos without Omer's style, ask him why he sold MMOHut. Don't insult those that are trying to pick up where he left off, though. It's not their fault that Omer is no longer making videos.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[1/25]----------(New Post! ArcheAge!)[3/7]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 90

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    You get the same quality content with the new guys that you get with Omer. The only difference is the voice. If you really can't enjoy videos without Omer's style, ask him why he sold MMOHut. Don't insult those that are trying to pick up where he left off, though. It's not their fault that Omer is no longer making videos.
    This is false..

Omer was a lot funner in the way he did videos/etc which ultimately made the end-user feel more informed/remember stuff.

This is why people subscribed in the first place, mostly because it was fun to watch and listen to him and all his good information. The new person who does MMOhut sounds like some spawn, nothing new or proprietary/unique like Omer.

Instead of you wasting your time trying to say how good the new person who does mmohut is, dont... Omer is the best and always will be.

Game Journalist Reputation: 346

Quote Originally Posted by monkuar View Post
    This is false..

Omer was a lot funner in the way he did videos/etc which ultimately made the end-user feel more informed/remember stuff.

This is why people subscribed in the first place, mostly because it was fun to watch and listen to him and all his good information. The new person who does MMOhut sounds like some spawn, nothing new or proprietary/unique like Omer.

Instead of you wasting your time trying to say how good the new person who does mmohut is, dont... Omer is the best and always will be.
    *hands you some toilet paper*

While Omer is great, that does not mean the other people who do it now are not good. Stop trying to say they aren't without giving any kind of proof.

Sure, you can have the opinion that they aren't as good, and you can have the opinion that Omer is better (and I would agree). But they are not bad just because they aren't as good as Omer.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[1/25]----------(New Post! ArcheAge!)[3/7]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    *hands you some toilet paper*

While Omer is great, that does not mean the other people who do it now are not good. Stop trying to say they aren't without giving any kind of proof.

Sure, you can have the opinion that they aren't as good, and you can have the opinion that Omer is better (and I would agree). But they are not bad just because they aren't as good as Omer.
    Yeah ok fine I agree semantics.

I personally just think Omer made the videos overall funny and more enjoyable.

Sure the new guy has the same info, but the way he present's and talks makes it boring as hell as in compared to Omer.

In other words, I'd much rather watch a video playthrough/gameplay when Omer is the talker... but w/e

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Where is who?

EDIT: Yeah he was my favorite youtuber too.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 12-27-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkuar View Post
    Yeah ok fine I agree semantics.

I personally just think Omer made the videos overall funny and more enjoyable.

Sure the new guy has the same info, but the way he present's and talks makes it boring as hell as in compared to Omer.

In other words, I'd much rather watch a video playthrough/gameplay when Omer is the talker... but w/e
    I'll be honest with you, I wrote that post really late at night, I read it again to and came to the understanding that it didn't make much sense; hence the small correction.

Omer, my bad for the name misspell, Was CLEARLY a gamer for a whole lot of years.
    In his first looks he pointed out things that you really want to hear and know about games, he had an eye for it if you may call it that way.

Nothing personal for the new guys? but I won't go back on my words, they are "bad".
    Shallow, childish first looks.
    And actually? In a video where all you can get from a person IS HIS VOICE, Omer's voice and the way he talked made the whole experience a lot better.

So, it's good to know that he SOLD mmohut (I was part of ONRPG first, then I watched his first look video and immediately moved to MMOHUT, BEFORE they combined forums)
    I'm happy to know why he's gone ...that's a shame.

It's nice to atleast hear his weekly recaps at least.

WE MISS YOU OMER!

Quote Originally Posted by khgs8 View Post
    I'll be honest with you, I wrote that post really late at night, I read it again to and came to the understanding that it didn't make much sense; hence the small correction.

Omer, my bad for the name misspell, Was CLEARLY a gamer for a whole lot of years.
    In his first looks he pointed out things that you really want to hear and know about games, he had an eye for it if you may call it that way.

Nothing personal for the new guys? but I won't go back on my words, they are "bad".
    Shallow, childish first looks.
    And actually? In a video where all you can get from a person IS HIS VOICE, Omer's voice and the way he talked made the whole experience a lot better.

So, it's good to know that he SOLD mmohut (I was part of ONRPG first, then I watched his first look video and immediately moved to MMOHUT, BEFORE they combined forums)
    I'm happy to know why he's gone ...that's a shame.

It's nice to atleast hear his weekly recaps at least.

WE MISS YOU OMER!
    I read the forums here and youtube and noticed something. Some people just want the facts and don't care about having in entertaining experience. I personally haven't been into youtube until the start of the summer last year. I did however watch Omers First looks before I would play an MMO. I see people say the same 2 things, he was entertaining and pointed out details. Then the other side says it is all the same information. There is really no way to prove this, but if you watch one of the new videos and one of the old videos, you will see. Omer constantly shows and tells you about the game. More info then the newer ones is presented. Omer goes into further detail in most of his videos then most of the new videos. I say most because people will always find that 1 video to prove someone wrong.

With internet videos, people are able to only have to watch what they want. They can find the youtubers they like and subscribe to them. People start to like youtubers (like Omer) and grow a fond attachment to them. This makes them feel more connected and enjoy the experience more. When they see other youtubers that don't act the same they or in a way they don't like they dislike them. Especially if they are doing almost identical stuff. Even if 1 is just playing Amnesia, and the other is "trolling" Amnesia. People will get mad. This goes for the new guys.

Personally, I find Omer was better but I accept that he is gone and unsubscribed and found better reviewers then the new ones. The reason I say this is because the new ones provide information but they are like The Who going on stage right after the Beetles. They won't be as good. Some people will prefer The Who, but most will prefer the Beetles. I will say this, if they would of just made a new youtube channel, there would probably be less hate. The problem is that they continued on the same channel, which in the end leaves a sense of... Why are the old videos better in those peoples minds. Sorry new staff, I think you guys should work on the commentating. But hey, that can be worked on over time.