Your 2013 predictions?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Default Your 2013 predictions?

So, the OnRPG Writing staff is currently doing a series of articles that contain our predictions for 2013. So far, two of them have been released. Merry Quite Contrary's predictions can be read here and you can find my predictions for the future of the MMO industry here.

**Updates**
    Proxzor's predictions can be read here.
    Abubakr's predictions.
    Harry Cheung's predictions.

What I'm interested in is reading your opinions as to how things will go for MMO's this year. Be it individual games or the industry as a whole.
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 01-08-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 65

I'm predicting that this year will be comprised of mmo companies playing with various pricing models for existing games. I don't foresee many major new releases.
    (`*.(`*.( `*. .* ).* ).* )
    Even a chance meeting is the fate of a previous life.
    (.*(.*( .* `*. )`*. )`*. )

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 45

Quote Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
    I'm predicting that this year will be comprised of mmo companies playing with various pricing models for existing games. I don't foresee many major new releases.
    I have a feeling some of the more popular P2P games will try F2P, but will fail miserably, I.E. SWToR. I honestly rather just pay the monthly fee then have some BS form of cash shop.

I also have a feeling that ArcheAge will BOMB here in the west.

'06
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    ESO
    EVE Online

Find me on twitter! @nikkonasty

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Only MMOs I'm looking forward to strongly this year are Lime Odyssey and Wildstar. General Gaming wise nothing has really caught my interest much considering I don't have much interest in most console games.
    Last edited by Jermatoo; 01-04-2013 at 11:37 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

2013 gonna be a bad mmo year, as is every year. <3

there's a wolf in my heart

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

MMOs are more than likely going to continue to decline in general, with maybe a handful that are decent.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    I have never personally been to Asian countries, but I have watched a lot of documentaries, travel videos, and dramas that have led me to believe that the majority of Asians are not attractive.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

For payment, P2P will continue to be on the way out and instead replaced by F2P and Freemium (w/ cash shops of course), along with the occasional B2P (w/ cash shop).

For gameplay, actiony MMOs will continue to be on the rise, 'character levels' as they typically are will start to become superfluous, and instead replaced by either a gear-based system or a skill-based system whether it's like TSW, PS2, or anything else (get skill points instead of char levels, or grind the skills you like). Class system will become more open-ended, allowing for more hybridization, or at least allow for class-change on the fly instead of making a char for each class available. Themepark style will continue to be the mainstay type of MMO, however Sandbox or hybrids (if possible) will start to rise up. Also housing will make a comeback and crafting will become more important or at the very least more interesting.

As for MMOs on my radar this year, there's Wildstar, Firefall, Defiance (even though it's Rift: The FPS/TPS), and ESO (just to try it and give the developers the benefit of a doubt, especially after listening to JessieCox's talk about it, who I am more liable to agree with after sitting through his LOTR: War in the North vids. Not uber fan-boy about it, but more in the 'come on. at worst you have to hear others say "I told you so."')
    Messing around.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

I doubt much will change from 2012 just more games going f2p with expensive cash shops like usual.

Hopefully some decent anime inspired mmorpg popup but we'll see.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

<insert game I recently played> will go free-to-play.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    <insert game I recently played> will go free-to-play.
    This.

I'm doing an article somewhat related to this. I'll be sure to post it in this thread once it's completed.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast