Why do you guys enjoy or don't enjoy Water margin?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 10

actually the peasants blossom skill looks quiet cool and the job change is at lvl 99

Rock Man Reputation: 16

-I don't like the cash shop (don't like that maple has one either)
    -Nobody in-game
    -Animals are all cutesy. You train on cute little chickens for many levels
    -Grindfest
    -Weird UI, poor translations
    -NPCs talk crap that nobody can understand
    -During beta the entire site was hacked, imagine how "safe" the game is
    -Nice anime graphics destroyed by poor "click and go" Runescape movement.
    -Same, crappy click and watch yourself whap the monster on the head repeatedly. (with a broom!?)
    Currently Playing:MapleStory,The Sims 3,WWE Smackdown vs Raw 200, Moon Guardians: Chapter I (Tech Demo)
    Currently Awaiting: C9 Continent of the Ninth

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 20

I think the game looks VERY promising. I tried to play it so many times and I had fun for the first couple of minutes I actually did play without the 108.bin error coming and taking me off.

FlyF(or)F(un)

Currently Playing: Flyff, Trickster, Monato Esprit, & Water Margin. MapleStory(Rarely)

Awaiting: Tales Weaver, YulGang, Yogurting, Dream of Mirror & GHOST Online(English plz!)

Considering: TS Online & Nostale

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 10

This game sounds like:

Ragnarok + Malaysia + Runescape + Lagman + Hobo translating + Cash Whores and i think that's it.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

i just tryed it and all i could say was .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................S AD..

i w8sted 30min of my lifetime T__T i usaly dont say that to MMORPG but this 1 is total crap its alot funner looking at fish swim

and the commutity is soo mean T____T most of the people u see ( hardly and ppl on ) are AFK, and if u see any tat 1 they ether say figur it out ur self, and the text and window is a old fasion.................how old is this game 15 years??!?!?
    Last edited by osazes; 01-07-2007 at 04:16 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Guys. Here's a tip. Look for updates then play some more. Heck, I play on there. You just haven't met that many who actually play it and speak English. I sometimes play it at night when it's pretty active. Plus, I still play on it because I understand what half of the NPCs are saying, and I put some effort into actually PLAYING the game. Besides, you might have chosen the wrong server. Even if it's mostly money based. The money basing is for future things your character may have to do.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

I used to play, I had a 1+4 healer I think. The game was "ok" but the time zone difference was a real killer.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 20

I just got the opporotunity to REALLY play and I like it. I don't see what the problem was with everyone else.

FlyF(or)F(un)

Currently Playing: Flyff, Trickster, Monato Esprit, & Water Margin. MapleStory(Rarely)

Awaiting: Tales Weaver, YulGang, Yogurting, Dream of Mirror & GHOST Online(English plz!)

Considering: TS Online & Nostale

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

I think that they just hate it because it looks like a rip-off to them. People these days. You never know when an MMORPG will trick you into thinking it's a rip-off, but it's not.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Talking

You see, I having never played ragnarok (however my friend played it and HE said it was a rip off of an old mmorpg he used to play and thought it was bloody cheek creating a subscription fee for a game like ragnarok) will now give an unbiased opinion:

Graphics:

All in all quite good, cutesy creatures fit the anime theme, however the what I truly hate about the graphics, is that the armour all looks the same (just the armour, not hats etc) which to me is a huge downpoint if in pvp, as you cannot judge how good your enemy is, until he starts raining fireballs on top of you while you cower behind a corner. Also I do like the rotation ofd the camera, as in side veiw you really do look like a cardboard cutout, and your characters rotation isn't smooth.

Overall a 7.5/10

Sound:

While there is an oriental theme, the loops of the music really bugger the gameplay, so I decided to listen to my own music instead, also your characters fighting sound retarded. end of

Overall a 5

Gameplay

Nothing special here, just a normal mmorpg, skills and so on, I heard people saying leveling is too repetitive and long-at least to me it isn't as crap as the button tapping, repetetive motions of ms or the easy leveling of piratekingonline, which you can power level to 50+in a few days. The skills look quite cool, and I like the way you have to buy skill books, why? Because then you don't get people on tutorial island using fireball and so on. The exp loss when you die...well I cannot say that is not annoying, but come on there has to be a penalty when you die! Also a double thumbs up for the choosing your own respawn point

Overall a 8

Story

A compelling story, is that of water margin, based on the famnous novel it has to be, now before you cringe, I'll explain. The novel is amazing, the story in the game is great, flowing and so on, the translations are rubbish, but do NOT diss the story becuase of your ignorance. Put some more effort into the game

Story: 9
    Translations: -2.5

Community

W/e people say I cannot say I have seen more hackers on water margin, than I have on ms, just look at the chat channel on ms
    "ZOMFG hacker on channel 13!!!!!!!" is a regular message I see. However I agree that the English speaking communtity is $£"*, it really is, as for people saying the game is getting less popular, maybe for the english speaking community, however for the asian side, it is blossoming-as my cousins in China play it (with almost their whole school). In other words-COME ON ENGLISH-SPEAKING PPL, YOU HAVE TO PULL THEC COMMUNITY TOGETHER!!!

Overall a 4

Overall mark I would give it a 7 out of 10

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast