Looking for an open world exploratory experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 72

play cabal wif me~

me and a bunch of forumers who PM'd me are gonna play together and do casual gaming
    There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Speaking of Casual play, OnRPG has a casual gaming group on Steam that you can join to group and get in touch with other casual gamers.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

I don't see how cabal is brought up in a thread requesting an MMORPG with exploration... the exploration in cabal is minimal.

Mabinogi and The Secret World seem to fit best. Flyff also is fine.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Thank you all for your suggestions. I watched a few vids of Ultima Online and feel the graphics are more than I can deal with.
    I did try Cabal but felt it wasn't what I was looking for. Mabinogi has a very strange combat system that was annoying at best. I found a game called Alganon that perhaps would work. My only concern is the pvp aspect of the game. It has crafting and mounts though. Has anyone played it before? Would you be able to give me feedback on pvp, is it a focal part of the game?
    Wurm would be ideal if it wasn't for the pvp. Thanks for your time.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Spankster View Post
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I watched a few vids of Ultima Online and feel the graphics are more than I can deal with.
    I did try Cabal but felt it wasn't what I was looking for. Mabinogi has a very strange combat system that was annoying at best. I found a game called Alganon that perhaps would work. My only concern is the pvp aspect of the game. It has crafting and mounts though. Has anyone played it before? Would you be able to give me feedback on pvp, is it a focal part of the game?
    Wurm Online has two clusters of servers, each made up of several continents. The Freedom Cluster is non-PvP except for one continent (I feel this would be ideal for you, as you would be able to explore 4+ continents in peace, and then visit the PvP continent when you felt like a bit more danger).

There are hundreds of beautiful towns and villages for you to visit, plenty of coastal towns for you to sail to, lots of forest, ruins of old settlements, mine systems, mountains, etc... to explore and find. If you go in to it with an explorers mindset, you can experience a lot of amazing things.

The best part about Wurm is that everything (except for natural stuff) is made by players. Heck, thanks to the terraforming system and forestry, plenty of forests, hills, etc... are player made as well. It's impressive.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 01-22-2013 at 09:25 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

42 Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Spankster View Post
    Oh ok, I figured since you mentioned Runescape graphics weren't a huge deal. Ultima Online does have a new "enhanced client" but that probably wouldn't amaze you either.
    Currently Playing: Emil Chronicle
    Let me know if you wanna play too!

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

actually i feel Wurm non-pvp server might be best. that really has indepth exploration, building and a strong new community.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Guild Wars 2. No mounts though. But there is a huge game world for you to explore. Getting 100% completion will take you a year if you pop in for 20 minutes a day.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 11

Seems Atlantica Online suits the things you're looking for. Crafting, housing and mounts. Separate zone for PvP is there too actually that separate server you can PvP with other servers.
    Never let the fear of striking out, keeps you from playing the game.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    I don't see how cabal is brought up in a thread requesting an MMORPG with exploration... the exploration in cabal is minimal.

Mabinogi and The Secret World seem to fit best. Flyff also is fine.
    its easy. he said that he tried and played cabal and i replied saying that he come and play wif me for casual gaming if he wants to

and oh, exploration is still exploration - whether its minimal or not in your opinion. its still open world
    There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast