To all the Omer Fanboys

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default To all the Omer Fanboys

This is just a thread where I'd like to say why Omer isn't coming back and why he might never come back or at least try to. This ain't a hate thread or a flaming thread where we just flame each other cause some people want him back and others don't care.

First off yes I am an Omer fan. I like the guy and I think he's pretty cool. However I've never flamed MMOHut after he left cause James, DizzyPW and all those guys are great too. I still wish Omer would come back someday but if he doesn't it won't be a big deal to me. MMOHut to me is a place for MMO News, First Looks and Gameplay Videos. Not an Omer Fanboy Club.

Anyways..onto the main subject of the thread. Every new MMOHut video I see on YouTube always has the same comments. One side is bitc*ing about wanting Omer to come back and the other side is just telling them to shut up. Sometimes people threaten to unsubscribe (even though they probably don't go through with it) or they just say it's not the same without "Omar" (I've seen so many people spelling his name like that lol). People keep asking why Omer won't come back and want MMOHut to explain why he isn't coming/gonna come back.

You guys really wanna know why he won't come back? It's simple really..it's because of you guys (his fans). You're probably thinking to yourself "LOL REALLY? You're gonna blame US for him not coming back?!?!?" ...well...let me explain then.

Imagine you're Omer. You're the owner of a great website/youtube channel for mmo games. You have lots of fans. Things are looking good right? But then you decide to sell the website which is okay since it is your website after all. You can choose when to sell it and when not to. However since you have lots of fans you decide to work at the website you once owned just so you'll be able to interact with your fans and stuff. But then you start getting busy with irl stuff and you don't have that much time for videos so you start doing only Weekly Recaps instead of First Looks as well. So you say to yourself "Hey it's all good..after I'm not busy anymore I'll start doing awesome videos for my fans again!" but then..you start seeing comments like "Unsubscribed", "First Looks aren't the same without Omer anymore!!", "R.I.P MMOHut..we shall miss you Omer!", etc. on the First Look videos. Suddenly people start flaming MMOHut because of you and the new owners of MMOHut are pissed off about it cause you're making it look like they are the bad guys even if you didn't mean to do it. What was once a great community that loved to discuss mmo's and talk with you is now a community that can't live without you and blames the place where you work at for it.

Now do you understand? Omer isn't coming back and probably won't because people just can't stop bitc*ing about him coming back. What's worse they flame/blame MMOHut for it and dislike every new video they upload just because of something so petty. I've seen people that complain just because "It's not the same without Omer's voice." ..yeah..just because of the voice they keep saying the videos are bad even though James is doing a great job with them.

If you guys really want Omer to come back just stop flaming, hating and bitc*ing about him. Don't dislike the videos just because it's not him talking in them. Don't hate, don't flame, don't spam the same whiny comments in every video. Instead just go to MMOHut videos. If you like them just give them a Thumbs Up, post a comment or two that you like the video, thank James and the other video producers for trying their best, etc. And if you don't like the videos give them a Thumbs Down and tell MMOHut in the comments why they are bad. But don't say "bad video cuz Omer isn't in it". Give an actual reason as to why the video is bad. For example one guy commented on Flam3s' DK Online video saying "Dude..make a joke and be more cheerful" but he never said anything about Omer.

If you guys just stop crying/going gay for Omer he'll eventually see that the community is once again nice and he'll want to come back. It's not 100% certain that he will but at the very least he'll try and come back. If you guys truly want him to return start acting like a community that he'll want to return to.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by cyberskull; 01-28-2013 at 02:48 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by cyberskull View Post
    at the very least he'll try and come back.
    I am excited.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

General Manager Reputation: 353

As Omer is a very isolated guy I can't say 100% that's his reasoning but I believe it's a likely theory.

My second theory is maybe after dedicating his life to nothing but MMOs for an extended period of time he got burned out on seeing the industry not innovating in the slightest and got out before everything started to come crashing down and his site became less valuable. In the few occasions I've met him I know that he's an incredible smart guy and bases his decisions on logic and expected outcome.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. - FarmerM

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    As Omer is a very isolated guy I can't say 100% that's his reasoning but I believe it's a likely theory.
    Kinda sucks he's so isolated cause he's a good person (why else would he be so popular haha) and seems like a guy who likes talking to others and stuff.

Good ol' Omer days

To be honest...Omer made me watch every video of mmohut.com
    Normaly, i dont understand a single word if someone speaks that fast english (my main language is german) but for some reason, i did understand him every time and i love his sense of humor.
    I somehow miss like many others his reviews but i also enjoy the reviews of the others. Like jamesblonde...i really like him. Everyone got his own style of reviewing a game what gives more variaty to the site.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Sorry for my lack of english. Keep up the great work guys and good luck omer.