Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 26

Aside from her extremely underwhelming ult, I really like her.

Laned with a cupid and it was nuts. Never ending sustain, double stuns, alot of fun. Completely steamrolled our lane.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Played as Aphrodite and had a blast. I enjoy playing support so it was great. Got some kills, didn't die, and got a lot of assists.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

How are you guys building her? From what I've seen on Smitefire and heard my item build seems a bit different, then again I pretty much just play Arena right now lol. This is what I generally roll with on Aphrodite; Vampiric Shroud*/Boots of Celerity/Chrono's Pendant/Gem of Isolation/Rod of Tahuti/????

I usually replace Vampiric Shroud pretty early, gives me a smoother start and I can just sell it back when I need to finish my later items if I'm gold starved, my last few items would probably be Stone of Gaia/Shield of Absolution depending on what's beating me up, If I'm being hardcore focused early I'll get one of them sooner. If everything's smooth sailing then probably the Talon since It's got great magic power and if she's in a pinch the passive is really useful since you're usually healing yourself at low hp, more heals especially in a pinch.

Celerity/Chronos, you lose 5% cooldown since that caps at 35 but it is NICE having maximum cool downs, allows you to switch between targets and heal really fast, and the movement speed helps with keeping up with whomever I'm linked with and hardcore baiting/evading the enemy. The gem is great for her 2 on a linked target, really screws the squishes especially with the cool down.

All of these items except gem/boots/talon have decent mp5 as well for your passive. 50 I think with just chronos and tahuti and more if you get gaia and/or absolution.

The obvious issues for me are a weak heal early game but with maximum frequency by the 2nd item, the heals don't really get okay until gem and not great until tahuti, also depends on how well your teams killing/farming since levels definitely help in the oomph department.
    Last edited by Stranger; 03-18-2013 at 02:50 AM.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Been playing at least a few matches a day lately. I'm annoyed at how long it's taking to reach level 30 =_= I reached level 21 tonight. I've been streaming a majority of my games since I decided to grab an Xsplit license (was only $15 for 3 months and I have a problem where I like to buy things that are cheap Plus it's nice to be able to record gameplay onto an external server so I don't have to worry about HD space). If you want to check out my past games and give me tips on how I did, twitch.tv/apocaka Not all of it is Smite, though.

Been playing a lot of Neith. I can safely say she's OP. Nothing compares to her, not even my beloved tanky ao kuang. She's great solo lane against multiple gods, great duo lane, great any lane, etc...

I prefer to build her for attack speed first, damage second. As always, I grab meditation right off the bat and then I pick a second active later on when it becomes apparent what is specifically needed (And I have a bit extra gold to spend).

Loki, played by a competent person, is the second most OP god. The only reason he isn't OP is because he requires a bit of skill to play correctly. Only 1 in 10 Loki's I come across seem to be a threat to me or anyone else.

As for Aphrodite, I haven't been playing her much. I tend to just grab a random build off of Smitefire for her and it usually works out well.

Anyone have any idea for a really interesting god to play? Something that doesn't get played often.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post

Anyone have any idea for a really interesting god to play? Something that doesn't get played often.
    Anubis is so disgustingly good, I dont understand why he isnt more popular. Farms extremely well, not terribly mana hungry, and once you get your ult you can practically 100-0 anyone if you land your snare.

I also don't know how interesting Bacchus is to play but I see never see him.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Anubis is so disgustingly good, I dont understand why he isnt more popular. Farms extremely well, not terribly mana hungry, and once you get your ult you can practically 100-0 anyone if you land your snare.

I also don't know how interesting Bacchus is to play but I see never see him.
    Anubis isn't played more, at least I think, because he is incredibly squishy. Yeah he can usually get a kill, but a lot of the time it leads to his own death as well.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 03-26-2013 at 12:19 AM.
    -Cingal

So Apollo is being added to the game. He looks like an OK god, definitely appears like he would be a bit over powered, but I will have to wait til I try him. One thing I immediately do not like is his meter. I wish hi-rez would stop adding those to the gods :/
    -Cingal

Im gonna hop on and try to get some games in with him. His ult definitely looks a bit ridiculous(move over Neith, your arrow isnt crap anymore) but Im assuming he'll get away with it as the rest of his kit looks a bit underwhelming.

I dont think the meter is going to be a problem either. It fills up after 10 attacks like cupids passive, and gives what appears to be a nice AS buff. This should hopeully allow for prioritizing heavy damage and lifesteal items over attack speed.

General Manager Reputation: 353

Bacchus is fun but has almost no damage whatsoever. It will drive you crazy CCing the hell out of an enemy with less than 400 hp left knowing he will whittle you down before you ever beat him. I dislike playing him without a premade but he wrecks when your team knows you're going to initiate ahead of time.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Anubis is tough, he's insanely powerful but most of his hard hitting abilities make him stand in place and he's incredibly squishy on top of it, which is why you don't see him too much in high level play where great team work is present, with that said he's not around too much in casual because he can get shafted by being on a crappy team.

Apollo looks alright, I don't have an issue with his meter since it's actually AA stacks like many other Gods have, he just has a much better visual for it. I thought his ult would be really OP but it does take some time to get going, I've only seen him played by Bart in Arena so I can't really say too much about it.

Also, Bacchus is pretty powerful but he is a tank so you do kind of need a carry with you or at least someone else with exceptional CC so you can both bombard them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Been playing at least a few matches a day lately. I'm annoyed at how long it's taking to reach level 30 =_= I reached level 21 tonight. I've been streaming a majority of my games since I decided to grab an Xsplit license (was only $15 for 3 months and I have a problem where I like to buy things that are cheap Plus it's nice to be able to record gameplay onto an external server so I don't have to worry about HD space). If you want to check out my past games and give me tips on how I did, twitch.tv/apocaka Not all of it is Smite, though.
    I never had this problem and it always blew my mind that my friend who plays with me often is still in his early 20s, I don't really remember if I grinded like crazy but I played purely Arena from 7 to 30 and only felt like I was slowing down by 25.

I like watching Smite streams, do you use a microphone?
    Been playing a lot of Neith. I can safely say she's OP. Nothing compares to her, not even my beloved tanky ao kuang. She's great solo lane against multiple gods, great duo lane, great any lane, etc...
    I wouldn't say she's horribly OP, she's just insanely hard to pin down if she's not taking any risks and because of this people tend to ignore her in favor of a different target and end up getting rooted to hell and back.
    I prefer to build her for attack speed first, damage second. As always, I grab meditation right off the bat and then I pick a second active later on when it becomes apparent what is specifically needed (And I have a bit extra gold to spend).
    I usually roll with something like this: Death's Toll/Warrior Tabi/Executioner/Rage/Qins Blades/Death Bringer (Usually sell and replace Death's Toll to finish Rage unless I've hoarded a pile of Gold to buy it outright, Qins can be ignored, they are decent though) This is generally my go-to build for most ranged physicals, though I do have a weird Neith build that revolves more around support, but I don't think it would be nearly as useful in Conquest, just Arena.
    Loki, played by a competent person, is the second most OP god. The only reason he isn't OP is because he requires a bit of skill to play correctly. Only 1 in 10 Loki's I come across seem to be a threat to me or anyone else.
    Yeah, he stomps solo q but once he's faced with even average team work his job gets way harder.
    I would've suggested Bastet but she got a buff this patch, Arachne & Kali are still considered not too viable but can stomp solo q in a similar way to Loki provided they can outplay their lane and take a lead. I don't see Cupid and Freya all that often, but I've been playing Conquest on a smurf account so I can learn the mode in more detail before facing off against level 30 know-how, so I'm seeing what's being played in Conquest on a lower level now so I see a lot of just about every God on average since people don't know any better at this stage.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast