Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 26

Apollo Update: Im bad at Apollo!

Seriously though, I think he might be in line for some buffs in the future. His cooldowns are all pretty long so if you blow a skill at the wrong time your either hurting your burst(which isnt that great) or throwing away your escape. His ult is also not the best thing ever. Despite appearances, it is incredibly hard to land and the longer you stay in the air the more mana you throw away. It'll eat your whole bar in a couple seconds during the early game.

I do like his passive though. Time it right and it adds a nice chunk of damage to your burst.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

You might want to think about Jotunn's Wrath? It was changed in the patch;
    Jotunn’s Wrath
    The mana on this item has been reduced from 100/200/300 to 50/100/150.
    This item now has +5/10/15 physical penetration.
    I'm assuming it's still giving the ample CD reduction since the price wasn't changed.

What do you guys think about the new active ability Portal?
    Portal
    Using this item creates a portal entrance at your spawning location and a portal exit at your ground target. A player standing on the portal entrance will teleport to the exit, consuming both the entrance and exit in the process. Cooldown - 180s.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Going to do some games trying Apollo, if I can get him.

http://www.twitch.tv/Apocaka
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 26

Cooldowns aren't the only problem. His kit just overall seems to be confused. He can't decide if he wants to be Cupid or Loki so he walks the middle ground and you end up with a weird ranged-carry, assassin hybrid. He can do both, but he doesnt seem to excel at either.

General Manager Reputation: 353

Indeed. I wasn't paying attention the first time I watched his spotlight and thought he was a support character for half the video. But I think that's kind of HiRez's goal is to make characters so hybrid that a true Meta never really develops like the restricting League of Legends realm.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

It's a sign you're a bad person if somebody else acted like you, you would hate them. - Swagger Pope

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

I've got to say I'm quite mad that they took out the ability to have the lobby and the actual game be different resolutions. I enjoyed having my lobby at 1600x900 windowed, and the game at 1920x1080 fullscreen.

Streaming as Apollo http://www.twitch.tv/Apocaka
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

So I tried out the Portal item a bit, It's pretty great especially for people in mid. You can just plop the portal down somewhere safe, b back to base and step into the portal made behind you and it'll zip you right back to where you originally placed it. Anyone else can use it, too.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

やめてください! Reputation: 296

I haven't been able to land a single Chariot. The animation is great and fun but it has such a long starting time.

No, I'm sticking to Neith.

I've been doing pretty good with Apollo. His chariot is also for killing people that think they've got away. It's hard to get used to the timing of it, though.

Good combos are 3, 2, 1. Or if you're going to kill someone who is under a tower: 4, 3, and maybe 2 if there's minions/players on your tail. His 1 does a lot of damage right off the bat. It's not to impressive later on in the game, but it helps a lot that you can take minions down to half hp by level 3-6. His real damage comes from his attack speed and crits, though. Added with life steal, he can become near unstoppable when fully built at level 20. Enemy Ymir's will literally run when they see you.
    -Cingal

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Not sure why they removed the protection buff on his 2 though.

Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast