Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Can someone please explain what does account unlocked gods mean. . it's on their home page.I thought they were gods unlocked for new players to start off with them but I don't have Poseidon unlocked.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabonta View Post
    Can someone please explain what does account unlocked gods mean. . it's on their home page.I thought they were gods unlocked for new players to start off with them but I don't have Poseidon unlocked.
    Some gods are available to new accounts and are always available regardless of rotation. There is one free god for each specialization, they are:

Assassin: Kali
    Tank: Ymir
    Brawler?: Hun Batz
    AD Carry: Artemis
    Mage Carry: Ra

These gods will always be available to you.

When the game first released these were only gods available (Hun Batz was ofcourse Sun Wukang back then). They slowly started churing out more and more. From my recollection Arachne, Bastet, Anubis, Bakasura, Hel and Anhur were among the first to get introduced.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 08-14-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

But why does it say that Poseidon is account available when he's not ? I just bought him though and he is AWESOMEE.9/0 againts Loki 1v1 joust and Loki gave up.

Maybe he is in the god rotation.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94

That's the old free set, POS/RA/THOR/NEITH/YMIR are the current set, not long before this set was finalized there was a slightly different one as well. If you had the account before they changed it then you will have the older set, if you made the account after they changed it you should have them.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Since Hirez is holding a tournament in EU there probably wont be a patch this week, though there's some interesting news about a Chinese version of Smite on their homepage which you can read HERE.

There's also a preview of what's going down in the Chinese Pantheon soon, showcasing the revamped Guan Yu, the next new God Zhong Kui (King of Ghosts) and the new Sun Wukong. Check it

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 27

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Since Hirez is holding a tournament in EU there probably wont be a patch this week, though there's some interesting news about a Chinese version of Smite on their homepage which you can read HERE.

There's also a preview of what's going down in the Chinese Pantheon soon, showcasing the revamped Guan Yu, the next new God Zhong Kui (King of Ghosts) and the new Sun Wukong. Check it

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Well damn, never thought I'd see the day I'd be hype'd for a revamp, and TWO of them at that! Guan Yu looks bad ass and Sun Wukong looks like he's been carrying some serious feeders. Can't wait.
    Games I currently play:

Cosmic League
    Minecraft
    Warframe
    Lost Saga

Waiting for: Overwatch, Maplestory 2, and Rakion 2.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 156

How come I dont have any set?

EDIT: are there runes/masteries or anything else in this game?
    What is the god with best mobility? like...lee sin lol

Nope, no runes/masteries. They contemplated doing something similar with Totems or something, but I don't think it came to fruition.

Depends... Ra, Poseidon and Chronos can get pretty dang speedy in the movement speed department. Fenrir, Tyr and Thor have a plethora of abilities to escape with. There's always Loki as well, seeing as his ult is a teleport and he gains a speed buff while in stealth.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Nope, no runes/masteries. They contemplated doing something similar with Totems or something, but I don't think it came to fruition.

Depends... Ra, Poseidon and Chronos can get pretty dang speedy in the movement speed department. Fenrir, Tyr and Thor have a plethora of abilities to escape with. There's always Loki as well, seeing as his ult is a teleport and he gains a speed buff while in stealth.
    Definitely Loki, though trying to outrun Chronos is like trying to swim to the bottom of the ocean without scuba gear..

You won't make it.
    Games I currently play:

Cosmic League
    Minecraft
    Warframe
    Lost Saga

How to enjoy the weekend, fun in the sun, in Smite:

1.) Pick Arena
    2.) Pick Ra
    3.) Boots of Celerity
    4.) Winged Wand (somewhere in the middle of your build)
    5.) Acquire Speed Buff
    6.) Use your passive
    7.) Blind the shit out of people, cd reduc optional
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

hmm...tempted to just pick Bacchus today and troll the carries with his ult.

as for high-mobility picks, outside of whats already said, there's Apollo. he has a dash+slow, mez, and a kind-of global ult for ganking and fleeing.

Also Athena has Shen's ult. nuff said.

Edit: took out Anhur, since his only real mobility move is his leap. everything else is just disruptive

Edit 2: meant Apollo, not Artemis. ultimate derp while being here at work.
    Last edited by Jerov; 08-23-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    Messing around.

General Manager Reputation: 526

Athena is weird. I find I get absolutely massacred early on and yet somehow contribute to my team quite a bit by the end. Her skills seem deceptively annoying to your enemies but will feel like you're just wasting time while you use them.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

It's the same with most tanks. Notably Ymir and Sobek. Their farm doesn't matter too much because they are mostly all about utility through CC's.

I wouldn't say I feel like I'm wasting time using them, I feel like I'm wasting the time of whomever's on the receiving end lol. Aww hey Zeus you heading over to ult Odin's ring? FACE ME! Though, in Arena at least, I've seen many Mage Athena's wreck people.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    Athena is weird. I find I get absolutely massacred early on and yet somehow contribute to my team quite a bit by the end. Her skills seem deceptively annoying to your enemies but will feel like you're just wasting time while you use them.
    Athena Conquest tips:

1. Magic Bruiser is the goal here.
    2. Play safe early game, do not let your ally run past you.
    3. You will want to max 2 as soon as possible, leveling 4 whenever you get the chance.
    4. Do not ult an ally who is below 25% hp with more than 2 people on their tail. Chances are they will die and your ult will be wasted.
    5. If your team is doing okay, feel free to use your ult to get back into the lane.
    6. If your team is correspondent you can 2 (Taunt), 3 (Self Aoe), turn around and run towards your teammates while they helplessly follow you.
    7. #1-6 do not matter if you are solo laning against a good Tyr and might want to consider full tank.
    8. Although Athena's skills are MP, she has naturally great attack speed and works just as good as an AD tank with the right items.
    9. If building her MP Bruiser, buy a cooldown reduction item and an MP item that lets you slow your opponent.
    10. Do NOT build Polynomicon. Your ranged spear attack after casting a spell does NOT count as a basic attack.

Athena Arena tips.

1. Full tank is the goal here.
    2. Follow 2-6, and 10 of the tips above.
    3. No matter the team composition, Stone of Gaia is your best friend.
    4. Girdle of Might is your best friend's girlfriend.
    5. Items targeting both HP and Armor/Magical protection is your goal.
    6. When an ally is around, taunt every chance you get.
    7. Blue Buff. Always.
    8. With you dealing no damage or little damage, consider Mystical Mark to rack up assists and maximize damage dealing on taunted /chased enemies.
    9. You are immune to CC during your ult and therefore Ares is a pitiful God of War and Hun Batz can't say a damn thing.
    10. With practice and considering this advice, you can be like me and have 1-10 kills, 1-6 deaths, and 20-40 assists a game.
    Last edited by Huntchez; 08-26-2013 at 02:58 AM.
    Games I currently play:

Cosmic League
    Minecraft
    Warframe
    Lost Saga

I actually find it really hard to die with Athena in Arena lol, It's the damn ult that gets me every time. Granted, I've probably played less than 15 games with her, I just find myself face palming a lot when I go to latch onto someone and a Poseidon flys by it's path at the same time and I end up on them instead. I've been complimented on it's use when FML mode wasn't in over drive, I'm not really sure what I do right about it lol, I hold onto it for too long since it's usefulness is pretty universal.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Thanks for the tips. I don't play Smite enough to figure half these things out on my own. Helps to get a boost from mistakes and success found by others.

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

Haven't had much time to play Smite lately between League of Legends and Eve Been wanting to get back into it but not sure if I should, as I fear I'll start to lose all the 1337 skills I've gained in League of Legends (yes, that was a bad joke). I kinda like the clearer meta game of League more than what is available in Smite, too. But then again, I love how Smite is played and find Leagues controls annoying a majority of the time.

I need more brain capacity and hours in the day.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

New patch is out! I forgot about it, seen it when I got off work and was all WHOOP WHOOP! Anyway the details, as always, are HERE. Zhong Kui and the new Guan Yu are here, a bunch of Gods received stylish skill template changes, Arena map changes and the usual skins/voice packs plus a bunch of other stuff I haven't mentioned.

Zhong Kui's reveal,
    YouTube Video
    Last edited by Stranger; 08-28-2013 at 09:07 PM.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

I'll have to log on and play a couple of games as the new god. He seems fairly interesting.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

As CasterFaster presumed... it's time for another SMITE code giveaway for Zhong Kui! PM me and get em while they last.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

so boring to play alone... add me on smite ign: OngXa

hit me up

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    As CasterFaster presumed... it's time for another SMITE code giveaway for Zhong Kui! PM me and get em while they last.
    Thank you for the code! If anyone needs me... I'll be throwing Ghosts at people.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 18

Can't wait to try out the guy with the ghosts.