Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Don't be discouraged by that dude ! It's only on lower levels mostly BUT the thing is they don't punish people for nothing in this game unlike LoL where they punish you even if you didn't do anything wrong ;D

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94

@Senna

Get used to playing and work your way into building your own items, you can customize your own autobuy thingy from the guides menu (I think, it's there somewhere lol) and also use to it look over the shop, the popular tab should give you a good idea for what to get and always try to check out what other Nu Wa's are building in your game (noting if they're flopping or winning helps lol). You will definitely want to drift away from the automatic function eventually though, even after customizing it since you will inevitably want to have more control over the abilities/consumables you're getting.

Leveling skills is actually pretty simplistic, typically there's a dominant skill in your kit that will get leveled above the others, then a 2nd, then a utility/escape skill that gets left at 1 for most of the game and your ultimate whenever possible. I think most Nu Wa's put a bit of priority on her mist, that's pretty much all I know, I've only played her once and people are bound to build her different in Arena (my main mode).
    Last edited by Stranger; 12-31-2013 at 05:12 AM.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    @Senna

Get used to playing and work your way into building your own items, you can customize your own autobuy thingy from the guides menu (I think, it's there somewhere lol) and also use to it look over the shop, the popular tab should give you a good idea for what to get and always try to check out what other Nu Wa's are building in your game (noting if they're flopping or winning helps lol). You will definitely want to drift away from the automatic function eventually though, even after customizing it since you will inevitably want to have more control over the abilities/consumables you're getting.

Leveling skills is actually pretty simplistic, typically there's a dominant skill in your kit that will get leveled above the others, then a 2nd, then a utility/escape skill that gets left at 1 for most of the game and your ultimate whenever possible. I think most Nu Wa's put a bit of priority on her mist, that's pretty much all I know, I've only played her once and people are bound to build her different in Arena (my main mode).
    I haven't seen any other Nu Wa's actually. Seems like nobody plays her... then again I've only a few games played...

Idk, auto level skills does flamestrike, clay soldiers, then mist. Why would people level mist first? It doesn't give any good combat ability. It doesn't even seem to fool good players (a Cupid could reliably chase mi and hit mi when I'm in mist).

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

nu wa is just not a verry good character - what she offers other people can do a lot better - maybe she'll get a rework or a buff sometime in the future?

she just got a minor buff thut with max cdr you can spam your mist skill now - if you are playing solo i'd level up her flamestrike then her mist and max clay soldiers last.

i'm assuming you are playing her in conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    I haven't seen any other Nu Wa's actually. Seems like nobody plays her... then again I've only a few games played...
    That's more or less a result of being in the lower levels, I'm thinking.
    Idk, auto level skills does flamestrike, clay soldiers, then mist. Why would people level mist first? It doesn't give any good combat ability. It doesn't even seem to fool good players (a Cupid could reliably chase mi and hit mi when I'm in mist).
    I believe it was because of how mist is a DoT, which used in conjunction with the item Gem of Isolation makes it quite effective because Gem slows those hit by your damaging spells. Also, whether it fools them or not really comes down to how well you normally dodge hits. That and it's meaningful for concealing teammates/soldiers/minions as the surprise, not a personal cloak, since I'm pretty sure anyone who sees the mist will assume Nu Wa is in it lol.

I do see Nu Wa pretty often, but I'm level 30 and queue primarily Arena.

EDIT:

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Drybear is pretty decent to learn from, he's got a few Nu Wa videos, too. Just fair warning, they are a few weeks old and I'm sure there have been tweaks. Still mostly applicable.
    Last edited by Stranger; 12-31-2013 at 08:27 AM.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

General Manager Reputation: 484

Welcome to the cool kid's thread Senna. Don't let people convince you Nu Wa is weak. Build heavy magic damage early on (polynomicon, rod of tahuti) then transition into a hastened fatalis and just stick to people in your poison fog running circles around them. Build some defense late game if things are not going well. Your chase and finishing potential will make you a VIP. The key is just knowing when to auto attack and when to chase.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Blade & Soul
    History: Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    Welcome to the cool kid's thread Senna. Don't let people convince you Nu Wa is weak. Build heavy magic damage early on (polynomicon, rod of tahuti) then transition into a hastened fatalis and just stick to people in your poison fog running circles around them. Build some defense late game if things are not going well. Your chase and finishing potential will make you a VIP. The key is just knowing when to auto attack and when to chase.
    To be honest I have no idea wat items to build for Nu Wa. Does she rely on autoattacks alot? Or her abilities more? I don't even know which abilities are good (I pretty much only know Flamestrike is very good, not sure which to level next, Clay Soldiers or Fog)...

General Manager Reputation: 484

I typically focus on getting her minions up to level 3 as soon as possible. They fall off hard late game but having a triangular wall is awesome for protecting yourself from skill shots while fleeing.

Her primary damage and scaling comes from her flame pillar. It also gives your auto attacks splash damage so it needs to be leveled quickly to give yourself good minion clear. Her fog does crazy damage over time once you have the rod of tahuti finished but you have to be smart to stay close to the enemy without getting nuked down. They can't see you if you aren't taking damage or dealing damage so keep that in mind.

Wait for the moment and hit them with your flame pillar's stun and then go to town. If they are close to a structure, trap them between the structure and your metal lightning cage and then blow all your cooldowns and eat them up in your snake form (it refreshes all 4 passives for 10 seconds, meaning you can usually win an attack attack war with most gods).

She is somewhat reliant on synergy with other Gods as well. Ares' Pull, Fenrir's Ragnarok, and Sobek's fling, and Mercury's toss are all ideal counterparts to trapping enemy's in your lightning field.

Also late game try to snag the speed boost jungle buff. That plus your fatalis will literally demoralize your enemies as you circle them before the kill.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Blade & Soul
    History: Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

anyone have windows 8.1? just upgraded and smite isn't working anymore and for some off reason i can't uninstall the game to reinstall either =S

Sorry, I think I'm giving up on this game.

NEVER have I seen a game with so many leavers and AFKers in the first 10 minutes. I literally get them almost every game. It's stupid. Also, matchmaking is not good. It always seems the enemy team is so good and my team are all newbies like mi. I'm getting destroyed every game and I'm fed up~~

Even LoL is better than this. Most of the time matches at least are quite fair. This is just one stomp after another and people always going AFK or disconnecting...

A Shrubbery Reputation: 25

Sorry, I think I'm giving up on this game.

NEVER have I seen a game with so many leavers and AFKers in the first 10 minutes. I literally get them almost every game. It's stupid. Also, matchmaking is not good. It always seems the enemy team is so good and my team are all newbies like mi. I'm getting destroyed every game and I'm fed up~~

Even LoL is better than this. Most of the time matches at least are quite fair. This is just one stomp after another and people always going AFK or disconnecting...
    I'm inclined to agree on the match-making system. It's horrible, to say the least. I've heard of a group of new, low level players forming a 5-man pre-made team and going into conquest mode only to find they're against a 5-man pre-made of level 20-30 players. It's obvious who would win that match.

Once they find a better match-making system, it'll be okay. But until then...

I love playing support Isis. When I'm not in the mood for her, I usually play Cupid, Ra, Apollo, and Anubis.
    Hooray for gaymers!
    Why is it that, as a society, are we more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?

Main games I've played: KalOnline, Requiem, Silkroad, FLYFF, Rohan, Rappelz, SUN, LoL, Guild Wars, RF Online, Rift, and DDO
    Currently playing: Waiting for something interesting

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I'm inclined to agree on the match-making system. It's horrible, to say the least. I've heard of a group of new, low level players forming a 5-man pre-made team and going into conquest mode only to find they're against a 5-man pre-made of level 20-30 players. It's obvious who would win that match.

Once they find a better match-making system, it'll be okay. But until then...

I love playing support Isis. When I'm not in the mood for her, I usually play Cupid, Ra, Apollo, and Anubis.
    Played a couple more games. Again, leavers. Also, people feeding like I've NEVER seen before. Even I don't feed that badly in my worst games...

Yea, this game's matchmaking's pretty much broken. I'm not convinced in coming to play here anymore. I'd rather stick to games where it's more balanced.

Is there even no system to punish leavers/AFKers? This is so stupid~

There is, if they left the match they will get deserter penalty which drops Goodwill to 0 and prevents them from playing another match for like 30 minutes. AFK people you will need to report, which can be done at the end of match lobby where it shows everyone's k/d & item builds. (Also good to report anyone who left, too)

The lower level games are plagued with the issue, especially pre 10~15.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    There is, if they left the match they will get deserter penalty which drops Goodwill to 0 and prevents them from playing another match for like 30 minutes. AFK people you will need to report, which can be done at the end of match lobby where it shows everyone's k/d & item builds. (Also good to report anyone who left, too)

The lower level games are plagued with the issue, especially pre 10~15.
    I don't even know wat Goodwill does~~

I always report leavers/AFKers. It's stupid how many of them there are. I have one on my team literally 3-4 times out of 5 games. Enemies do get them sometimes, but it seems less. Sometimes the DC'd person will come back 10 minutes later, sometimes they're gone the whole game. Either way, it really makes winning difficult.

See, just played another game, and guess wat? Ao Kuang fed early and "DC'd". I laned against Apollo and Thor and pretty much had to hold my lane and kill them 1v2 (barring Bakasura's ganks).

If you're saying this is only a level 10-15 problem, I sure hope you are right. Cos I'm pretty disappointed in the community so far~~

One thing I've learnt though, I'm really good at Neith. Just using autobuy and autoskills and I'm doing well in all my games wit her... compared to my 6-loss streak now on Nu Wa.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26

Just stick with neith til you get to a level where matchmaking is more consistent. I played her almost exclusively until lvl 25 or so. Shes extremely versatile and can easily 2 v 1 lane if a teammate quits. Most players are also too dense to stay away from her weaves which just makes her even more potent.

Edit: rushing transendance on her is a pretty sure fire way to win your lane
    Last edited by imported_JoshuaBojangles; 01-02-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Just stick with neith til you get to a level where matchmaking is more consistent. I played her almost exclusively until lvl 25 or so. Shes extremely versatile and can easily 2 v 1 lane if a teammate quits. Most players are also too dense to stay away from her weaves which just makes her even more potent.

Edit: rushing transendance on her is a pretty sure fire way to win your lane
    I don't really like how aiming ranged auto attacks is kinda hard in this game... I'd rather play Nu Wa cos of her AoE spells and splash damage ><

Still have no idea how to build her correctly tho. Everytime I deviate from the recommended auto-build items I do badly~~

Edit: Also why is it that some of my matches has a "watch replay" text in match details while others don't?
    Last edited by Senna; 01-04-2014 at 12:03 AM.

I don't really like how aiming ranged auto attacks is kinda hard in this game... I'd rather play Nu Wa cos of her AoE spells and splash damage ><
    Thats part of what makes Neith a great carry for newer players. If you rush trans and then build with a heavy focus on raw damage and pen, you get the mana pool and damage to play her like a physical mage. Gives you a really solid foundation to fall back on if you're having trouble landing your auto's.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Anyone else not able to access Smite's site ? It doesn't load for me at all today.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23

Still have no idea how to build her correctly tho. Everytime I deviate from the recommended auto-build items I do badly~~

Edit: Also why is it that some of my matches has a "watch replay" text in match details while others don't?
    Yeah, gods that rely on auto attacks have a very high skill ceiling because good players are good at juking auto attacks. Mages are much more forgiving. I recommend Playing Hebo or Poseidon. Hebo doesn't rely on auto attacks because he has the lowest cooldown spell in the game, but you still need to land a couple clutch ones here and there if your target is low HP and your Spout is on CD. Generally speaking though I prefer not to use auto attacks with hebo in 1v1 scenarios because you lose mobility, Hebo is very very squishy and is extremely reliant on mobility, jukes and the CC from his knockup for survival.

I have never played Poseidon myself, but he has large AoEs and when his passive meter is full all his auto attacks shoot three projectiles in a cone in front of him.

Hebo is my most played God atm. I have a grand total of 2.3k worshipers on him so far.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Thats part of what makes Neith a great carry for newer players. If you rush trans and then build with a heavy focus on raw damage and pen, you get the mana pool and damage to play her like a physical mage. Gives you a really solid foundation to fall back on if you're having trouble landing your auto's.
    Imo Neith is one of the really high skill cap gods. Her Root is incredibly difficult to land due to the long cast time. I myself almost never get hit by the root (especially from a distance) unless I'm playing against an incredibly skilled neith player, or if the root is combo'ed on top of someone else's CC.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 01-05-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Idk, I'm just playing wat champions I have unlocked already. Besides Nu Wa i've been playing a bit of Kali, but I'm feeding really bad wit her all the time...

At least Kali's autos are easy to use. They hit fast and are melee so I can't miss~

i've been playing a bit of Kali, but I'm feeding really bad wit her all the time...
    Kali is about 99.9% reliant on getting an early snowball. If you cant grab a couple of early kills and keep the momentum going, youre going to have a bad time.

Kali is incredibly strong when she is ahead and extremely underwhelming when shes behind.

Another note: After finishing boots, buy Qin's blades/sais. Under no circumstances should your first item be anything else. Blades(for tankier enemy teams)/ Sais(for squishier teams) gives Kali the absolute most bang for her buck and will help you achieve the snowball that you need to be successful.

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with others that matchmaking is horrible. Just started playing yesterday and every game has at least 2-3 leavers in it. It makes playing the game really not fun.

That being said, out of all of the gods I've played so far, I really like Guan Yu, Isis, Kali, and Chang'e. Neith is pretty cool too.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with others that matchmaking is horrible. Just started playing yesterday and every game has at least 2-3 leavers in it. It makes playing the game really not fun.

That being said, out of all of the gods I've played so far, I really like Guan Yu, Isis, Kali, and Chang'e. Neith is pretty cool too.
    It really appears the Goodwill system does NOTHING to deter people from leaving~

Almost every game if someone doesn't outright disconnect, there's a ragequitter before lv 10 (and this happens even when we're ahead and that person just dies ONCE)...

It's so stupid. This game would be decent if a match could actually take place without anybody leaving.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 76

If you are looking for advice on how to play certain gods or build correctly to fit a play-style you want via twitch, I'd suggest /smitecommunity.

"What are these Goddamn Animals?"

http://www.twitch.tv/reefmadness - Follow me please

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Madness View Post
    If you are looking for advice on how to play certain gods or build correctly to fit a play-style you want via twitch, I'd suggest /smitecommunity.
    Can't even be bothered to learn new gods. Just bought Hel, went into a game, and look:

Apollo didn't even connect, and Ares was AFK the entire time (except for reconnecting at like 10 mins and running mid, dying then AFK again).

Idk how you Smite players tolerate this. It's literally almost every game with a leaver or two. How do you even get any fair games like this?~