Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Page 20 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Quote Originally Posted by Kostolomac View Post
    My main problem is that I don't know what to focus on in each stage of the game, should I focus on getting damage early, then attack speed then defensive items or some other order?
    Also, is it better to upgrade one item fully before getting another?
    Check out Smitefire.com It's very useful as a new player when you want to look up how to effectively play a god.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 18

So far for 3 games as apollo getting damage and maxing movespeed seemed the way to go. I I''m still not used to aiming every shot so I don't make full use of my passive.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Does any1 know why there has not been a god rotation? Isn't there suppose to be one with every patch/ new god release?

General Manager Reputation: 353

Good point. I hadn't noticed (I have a god pack so don't bother checking anymore).

Who wants to unlock Chang'e and her skin?! PM me and I'll try to hook you up before I leave for Europe on Tuesday.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Innovation is now having games play themselves? I don't want to live on this planet anymore. - Blackomen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Kostolomac View Post
    So far for 3 games as apollo getting damage and maxing movespeed seemed the way to go. I I''m still not used to aiming every shot so I don't make full use of my passive.
    This is how I build Apollo (and pretty much every other ranged physical lol).

Heart Seeker/Warrior Tabi/The Executioner/Rage/Deathbringer/Soul Eater

I don't recommend Heart Seeker until you get used to the game since you lose stacks if you die, you can easily get by without it and get a starter item in its place like Death's Toll. Tabi and Exe are probably the keystone to every ranged phys build, most people will probably get Devourer's Gloves or Soul Eater after Exe but I like damage, so I go with 2 crit beasts instead lol.

EDIT: Also, it's best to build up one item at a time, unless something unexpected comes up that you need to counter. The more defense against physical damage they have the less effective power alone will be, most mages/assassins will have minimal defense anyhow but if you're up against a tank or many tanks you're much better off getting some more penetration, which Jotunn's Wrath or Titan's Bane can work.
    Last edited by Stranger; 07-26-2013 at 09:00 PM.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 18

Got 2 more questions:
    1. What's the max level at the moment, because I need to know how many times I'm gonna get the 500 favor.
    2. God ranks, I've seen that some gods have gold skins once you reach rank 1 with them, but I've read that they also give you mastery points and what are they for?

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

The max level is 30. There's the Mastery levels but I don't think they do anything outside of meeting the requirement for Gold/Legendary skins, I can't think of anything else at the moment.

EDIT: Also keep in mind the First Win of The Day bonus on every mode, 100 favor bonus. (you gotta win though, which can be frustrating so I don't suggest farming modes you don't enjoy for it :P)
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by stranger View Post
    you gotta win though, which can be frustrating so i don't suggest farming modes you don't enjoy for it
    DOMINATION RAAAGEEEeee.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 92

Gonna try this game. What champs are really fun to play? something that does DMG (:

General Manager Reputation: 353

Stranger and Morph I'll send you your keys on Monday. Already left them at the office.

@Zormax A lot of players start with Zeus or Artemis depending on if you want to learn mage or physical dps. Zeus has a nice mechanic of hitting a button to secure kills that you would lose on normally characters. Artemis' boar ulti and traps help hold your foes down long enough to secure kills when you're still not used to the skill shot auto attacks.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Innovation is now having games play themselves? I don't want to live on this planet anymore. - Blackomen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Page 20 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast