Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 814

Thread: Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

  1. #501
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94
    Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,459
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    It doesn't happen nearly as much in later levels, personally I didn't have these issues when I first started but it looks like it's gotten pretty bad.

    Also, Hel is pretty complicated since she's essentially two roles in one. Keep in mind that you can go into practice and try any God you like.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

  2. #502
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18
    Senna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    It doesn't happen nearly as much in later levels, personally I didn't have these issues when I first started but it looks like it's gotten pretty bad.

    Also, Hel is pretty complicated since she's essentially two roles in one. Keep in mind that you can go into practice and try any God you like.
    How often is it at later levels? I just hit 13 and am pretty sick of it already. Just played another game after the one in my screenshot. Enemy Neith "DC'd". I really doubt people DC cos of connection problems due to the sheer frequency of it. I would say maybe 1/4 of my games are actually 5v5. It's kinda ridiculous, really. I think this is the worst community I've ever seen in an online game (and I've played SG/MY LoL server, so that's saying something...)

    Yes, I did try practice mode, thanks ^^

    I picked up Hel cos I thought I could heal up in lane... but she's not very easy to use.

  3. #503
    A Shrubbery Reputation: 29
    Imaword2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Graveyard
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I main Hel. Shes super easy once you understand how to play her. First you make your 3rd ability, then your 1st. Never put a point into your ult cause its useless you don't even need it to change stances.. Get the cool down mage boots first. Then a void stone. ((The item that gives both magic damage and defense.)) Then go for the cooldown armor. Then from there do whatever, I usually get the tooth that gives lifesteal, then the staff that gives 30% more magic power.

    Gameplay consists of you running up to someone using 2, then 3, then 1, then hitting 4, then using 3, 2, 1, then swapping back and repeating. You will end up outhealing most damage you take while dishing out A STUPID amount of damage. Personally the only reason I stopped playing her is because I think she might actually be overpowered and needs a nerf. I could easily 2v1 sometimes 3v1 as her with only a level or two above whoever.

  4. #504
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94
    Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,459
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    How often is it at later levels? I just hit 13 and am pretty sick of it already. Just played another game after the one in my screenshot. Enemy Neith "DC'd". I really doubt people DC cos of connection problems due to the sheer frequency of it. I would say maybe 1/4 of my games are actually 5v5. It's kinda ridiculous, really. I think this is the worst community I've ever seen in an online game (and I've played SG/MY LoL server, so that's saying something...)
    It's hard to say really, It's not really consistent enough for me but maybe 1 out of 10~15 games? 50/50 on it being a connection issue, usually the people reconnect if that's the case. Most of the time it's a rage quit, which is usually obvious since they tend to flip out beforehand. (Might be less notable in early levels since people aren't haughty enough with "experience")

    Your hidden ELO could be a contributing factor, It's just a theory but your run of bad games/disconnects might have dumped you with the tier of people who ruined their hidden ELO from disconnecting (which results in more rage/quits). Sort of a downward spiral, like I said, it's just a guess.

    I also think it's very possible the rise in popularity has resulted in foreigners trying to play with a lack of understanding/horrendous Ping and saturated early levels with horrible games. I've actually ran into people at 30 with names like "fromchina" and such and it hadn't even been in Beta there for long at all.

    The lower levels are also full of smurf accounts as well, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Stranger; 01-06-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

  5. #505
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26
    imported_JoshuaBojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imaword2 View Post
    I main Hel. Shes super easy once you understand how to play her. First you make your 3rd ability, then your 1st. Never put a point into your ult cause its useless you don't even need it to change stances.. Get the cool down mage boots first. Then a void stone. ((The item that gives both magic damage and defense.)) Then go for the cooldown armor. Then from there do whatever, I usually get the tooth that gives lifesteal, then the staff that gives 30% more magic power.

    Gameplay consists of you running up to someone using 2, then 3, then 1, then hitting 4, then using 3, 2, 1, then swapping back and repeating. You will end up outhealing most damage you take while dishing out A STUPID amount of damage. Personally the only reason I stopped playing her is because I think she might actually be overpowered and needs a nerf. I could easily 2v1 sometimes 3v1 as her with only a level or two above whoever.
    You know her ult has a fairly decent passive component to it, right?

  6. #506
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18
    Senna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    It's hard to say really, It's not really consistent enough for me but maybe 1 out of 10~15 games? 50/50 on it being a connection issue, usually the people reconnect if that's the case. Most of the time it's a rage quit, which is usually obvious since they tend to flip out beforehand. (Might be less notable in early levels since people aren't haughty enough with "experience")

    Your hidden ELO could be a contributing factor, It's just a theory but your run of bad games/disconnects might have dumped you with the tier of people who ruined their hidden ELO from disconnecting (which results in more rage/quits). Sort of a downward spiral, like I said, it's just a guess.

    I also think it's very possible the rise in popularity has resulted in foreigners trying to play with a lack of understanding/horrendous Ping and saturated early levels with horrible games. I've actually ran into people at 30 with names like "fromchina" and such and it hadn't even been in Beta there for long at all.

    The lower levels are also full of smurf accounts as well, unfortunately.
    I don't think it's my hidden ELO. I'm not a toxic player by any means I never leave/disconnect and I see through games to the end, and don't flame people. It's honestly just been like this ever since I've started. Two other people here in the last few pages alone have also agreed with mi that the amount of leavers is very high. I bet if you made a smurf now and tried playing, you'd encounter the same thing. Want to give it a shot?~

    I am a foreigner. I stay pretty much halfway across the world from the USA (I'm in asia, GMT+8). Yet my ping is manageable and I don't disconnect. You can't really blame foreigners for this...

    I know low levels are full of smurfs. I don't mind. People tell mi what to do, and I just follow as best I can. If the enemy has smurfs, it's pretty obvious (21/0 Apollo, etc)... it's not a huge deal playing with/against smurfs. I'm just not happy about the amount of AFK/DCs~~

  7. #507
    A Shrubbery Reputation: 29
    Imaword2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Graveyard
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yes. But the ammount of damage/heal you get from maxing your E before putting a point into her ult is better.

  8. #508
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61
    SorenEmblem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,358
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Yeah I'm getting super sick of leavers. Every loss I've had was because of leavers. Hell, I've even played 2v5's before. It's awful.

    In other news, I almost have 5500 Favor to buy a god. idk who to buy because I've been trying a lot of gods recently and I love so many of them. Mages in general seem to be my preferred playstyle. Chronos, Zeus, Isis, Poseidon, Chang'e are my babies. <3

    I really like Arachne and Kali too, though.


    Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

  9. #509
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94
    Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,459
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    I don't think it's my hidden ELO. I'm not a toxic player by any means I never leave/disconnect and I see through games to the end, and don't flame people. It's honestly just been like this ever since I've started. Two other people here in the last few pages alone have also agreed with mi that the amount of leavers is very high. I bet if you made a smurf now and tried playing, you'd encounter the same thing. Want to give it a shot?~
    I don't know what Hidden ELO has to do with your conduct... Your ELO is based on winning games plus a bunch of other factors, which can be ruined by games lost entirely because someone left/went afk/whatever. I also don't mind making a smurf, I have 3 accounts at 30 and I only did the other 2 to get some free gems from referrals. Playing low levels is decent for target practice but overall I would rather stay sharp vs 30's at this point since I'm interested in tackling League matches with some frequency soon.
    I am a foreigner. I stay pretty much halfway across the world from the USA (I'm in asia, GMT+8). Yet my ping is manageable and I don't disconnect. You can't really blame foreigners for this...
    I never really did put the blame entirely on them, this is happening for a myriad of reasons. I do think it could easily be part of the problem, I'm glad your Ping is manageable but there's a greater likelihood someones Ping is going to be worse the further they are from the server. There are many Australians playing for example, a good chunk of the time they're getting by with 300~400 Ping. I manage about 40 Ping on average, if I happen to get placed in an EU server I have to deal with 120~160 Ping and the delay is horrible.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

  10. #510
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18
    Senna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I think with the amount of rampant leaving in this game, everyone's 'hidden elo' would be ruined at lower levels if that is the case you are suggesting. Cos it's really everywhere. So in the end it balances out~~

    Australia's ping should be similar to mine. Idk how to check ping in game, but I never notice any lag and I do pretty well reaction-wise so I don't really think I'm lagging.

  11. #511
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23
    Geffreyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,209
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    For new players I'd recommend watching ranked matches to see how the really good players play.

    The game client stores replays of all ranked matches and it is available for viewing by everyone. Here is how you watch them:

    First find a good ranked player's name, do this by clicking the League button (it is the last button to the right on the button menu, it looks like a shield). There on the side drop down choose platinum which will show leaderboard for platinum league-ers. After you have found a name, click the Profile button (looks like an msn messenger icon kindof), in the search field type in the person's name and click search, now you are looking at his profile. Click Recent matches and then click details icon for one of the ranked games. For Arena, ranked games are called Arena Challenge and for Conquest, Conquest Challenge. When you click the details icon it will show the endgame stats for that game, but additionally you have a button "View Replay" on the top next to the Match ID.

    Buttons for camera controls in spectator mode should be in your keybinds.

  12. #512
    General Manager Reputation: 526
    DizzyPW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,426
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I mostly stick to Arena, Assault, and Domination. I have a feeling that's a large part of why my experience is less toxic than most of the people getting into the game now.

    Longer Games + Multiple Lanes + Mode Attracting Other MOBA Players = Mad Bros.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

    Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

    Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

    Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

    Support Pancreatic Cancer Research


  13. #513
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61
    SorenEmblem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,358
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I don't really get ragers in my games, or many smurfs. Just leavers (who are usually foreigners). And this happens in every game mode I play.


    Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

  14. #514
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94
    Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,459
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    I think with the amount of rampant leaving in this game, everyone's 'hidden elo' would be ruined at lower levels if that is the case you are suggesting. Cos it's really everywhere. So in the end it balances out~~

    Australia's ping should be similar to mine. Idk how to check ping in game, but I never notice any lag and I do pretty well reaction-wise so I don't really think I'm lagging.
    Well, there could be those who don't experience many leavers early on, or land in more games where the enemy leaves. Ultimately, powering through levels should probably help, whether or not you want to deal with more crappy games to do so is up to you.

    You can check your fps/ping with F8 (F6 being surrender so be careful :P)
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

  15. #515
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    10
    Messing around.

  16. #516
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61
    SorenEmblem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,358
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I've actually stopped getting so many leavers after reaching 100% goodwill. I've actually gotten matched with a lot more smurfs, though (but they're usually on my team )

    I ended up buying Chronos with my first 5500 Favor. I had too much fun with him in practice mode.


    Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

  17. #517
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18
    Senna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    I've actually stopped getting so many leavers after reaching 100% goodwill. I've actually gotten matched with a lot more smurfs, though (but they're usually on my team )

    I ended up buying Chronos with my first 5500 Favor. I had too much fun with him in practice mode.
    I have never had less than 100% goodwill, so I would think that doesn't affect anything~~

    The amount of ragers and smirks are definitely less than the leavers tho (by quite an amount...)

  18. #518
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61
    SorenEmblem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,358
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Well, the point of the goodwill system is to weed out toxic players from matchmaking. If you get punished for a report or if you leave a game, your goodwill is reduced to 0, iirc. Matchmaking matches you with players of similar goodwill, so toxic players end up being stuck with other toxic players in matchmaking.


    Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

  19. #519
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18
    Senna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Well, the point of the goodwill system is to weed out toxic players from matchmaking. If you get punished for a report or if you leave a game, your goodwill is reduced to 0, iirc. Matchmaking matches you with players of similar goodwill, so toxic players end up being stuck with other toxic players in matchmaking.
    I don't really think it's working. As I said I've never had anything less than 100% goodwill, it's ALWAYS 100% for mi. Yet I still get matched with these kind of people regularly...

  20. #520
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26
    imported_JoshuaBojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    As long as you dont ragequit, its pretty hard to lose your goodwill. You can be hyper toxic as long as you see your games through to the end.


    Side note: I really wish they would hurry up and finish gold skins for everyone so they can focus on making more interesting skins. Stargazer Anubis is friggin badass and I'd like to see more quality skins like it.

  21. #521
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18
    Senna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    As long as you dont ragequit, its pretty hard to lose your goodwill. You can be hyper toxic as long as you see your games through to the end.


    Side note: I really wish they would hurry up and finish gold skins for everyone so they can focus on making more interesting skins. Stargazer Anubis is friggin badass and I'd like to see more quality skins like it.
    I'm definitely not toxic. Never been reported or anything...

  22. #522
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26
    imported_JoshuaBojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    I'm definitely not toxic. Never been reported or anything...
    I wasnt implying that you are toxic. Im just saying people with 100% goodwill can and will be toxic. All goodwill succeeds at indicating is whether a player leaves games or not. Chances are, that idiot who sells all his items and spams wards in his base because hes butthurt probably has just as much goodwill as your super nice, friendly teammate who gives you solid advice.


    I find joust 3v3 to be the least toxic environment if you want a change of pace. Most people there are trying to learn new gods and typically have better attitudes.

  23. #523
    General Manager Reputation: 526
    DizzyPW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,426
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Haha Smite forgot to include the item and god balance changes on the official patch notes. Contacting their PR rep before too many people notice.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

    Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

    Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

    Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

    Support Pancreatic Cancer Research


  24. #524
    Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I started a week ago...and I really liked playing the 1v1 joust... but it's gone now for some reason; the mode is completely nonexistant. Can someone explain this to me?

  25. #525
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94
    Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,459
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    It's still there, it was just removed from the casual tab and placed as a League mode because it uses God bans now.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •