Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 814

Thread: Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

  1. #601
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61
    SorenEmblem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,359
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Nemesis definitely needed nerfs, but the problem is that they nerfed the wrong things. Her damage wasn't her big problem, it was the fact that she has a 50% 2s slow on a 7s cd. idk, I just find that HiRez's balance team makes a lot of questionable decisions when it comes to balancing (Zeus stomping competitive play at all levels? Better nerf Arachne and buff him lol).


    Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

  2. #602
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23
    Geffreyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,213
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Nemesis is going through the ebb and flow period as with all new gods. As I said, it is better if they overpower a new god and then later make adjustments not only for what I mentioned earlier, but also because the the resulting god is much more balanced than if she were close to balanced when released and there is a great deal of indecisiveness as to what needs to be changed for her to make her more balanced.

    Zeus was very OP back when his aegis shield made him immune to slow, but now he is in a very good place imo. Same with Arachne, Arachne is a very high skill cap god, but if a player has the skill to land a majority of her hooks she is absolutely devastating because it's basically a guaranteed kill in most cases and once one person is down a team fight is much more likely to go in your favor.

  3. #603
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61
    SorenEmblem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,359
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Zeus is still OP. He's 100% pick or ban in ranked and in tournaments. The post-hit delay buffs made him even more ridiculous.


    Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

  4. #604
    Luigis Pizza Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    ao kuang > all

  5. #605
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23
    Geffreyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,213
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Zeus is still OP. He's 100% pick or ban in ranked and in tournaments. The post-hit delay buffs made him even more ridiculous.
    I disagree. Yes he is a really really strong top tier God, but not OP. He used to be banned 100% of the time before his slow immunity shield, now he is not banned as much. Nowadays Zhong Kui is being banned more often than Zeus.

    Before the slow nerf I would have agreed with you, he was super OP and infact I was the one crying out that he is OP a few pages ago in this thread.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 02-10-2014 at 04:42 AM.

  6. #606
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26
    imported_JoshuaBojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    284
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cfuson2012 View Post
    ao kuang > all
    Delete the Noodle 2014

    Every mode, every game. Theres always at least one. Roll face on keyboard, do a million damage.

  7. #607
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23
    Geffreyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,213
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Really? Ao Kuang? Come on guys. He is a good zoner with his tornado and spirit's tempest, but he is the easiest god to counterplay by just sidestepping his tornado and spirit's tempest and slowing projectile.

  8. #608
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,709
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Finally got to play a game as Nemesis, one of those matches without an instalocker. Went 25/3. That doesn't mean anything but considering I suck with Warriors/Assassins I have to say LOL.

  9. #609
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26
    imported_JoshuaBojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    284
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    Really? Ao Kuang? Come on guys. He is a good zoner with his tornado and spirit's tempest, but he is the easiest god to counterplay by just sidestepping his tornado and spirit's tempest and slowing projectile.
    I never said I couldnt deal with him. But having one on both teams, every game and every mode(assault aside) is getting extremely old.

    He takes zero skill and everyone who plays him thinks they are hot shit since they can delete anyone from exsistance if they manage to land their burst and hes just plain and simply too strong on every map that isnt conquest.

    I simply believe he is not healthy for the game in his current state.

  10. #610
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61
    SorenEmblem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,359
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    More nerfs for Nemesis coming tomorrow. Slow strength on her 2 now scales from 30~50%, passive nerf from 5% to 3%, increased cd on her 3 and it no longer procs damage reflection on objectives such as Gold Fury and Fire Giant. Pretty decent changes; these are the changes she should have gotten to begin with.


    Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

  11. #611
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23
    Geffreyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,213
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NVJZbtIetU

    I think I've seen Anhurs featured the most in these Top Plays, for good reason.

    This one is still one of my favorites: http://youtu.be/fcRzqDMbNwY?t=2m2s

  12. #612
    General Manager Reputation: 559
    DizzyPW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,502
    Rep Power
    10

    Default




    Raise your dogetacles.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

    Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

    Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

    Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

    Support Pancreatic Cancer Research


  13. #613
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,709
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Playing Chang'e with a ping of <50 ms is amazing. A BTFL DNC indeed.

  14. #614
    General Manager Reputation: 559
    DizzyPW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,502
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Ra Alienware skins are up. Get them before they're gone: http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveawa...-skin-giveaway
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

    Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

    Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

    Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

    Support Pancreatic Cancer Research


  15. #615
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    It's a lot of fun, I came really close to buying the Ultimate Pack thing.
    But really... How is Cthulhu not an option?

    Also waiting for Xenu.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 03-01-2014 at 10:54 AM.

  16. #616
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,709
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    It's a lot of fun, I came really close to buying the Ultimate Pack thing.
    But really... How is Cthulhu not an option?

    Also waiting for Xenu.
    You should consider buying it if you are going to play for a longer time. It's still unknown if they will still sell the God Pack after full release, which is happening at the end of March.

  17. #617
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176
    Wicked315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    7,831
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Been playing this for a week now, really fun. Really into it, play it with me and a friend. Really refreshing, honestly. At the end of March? Nooooo, I'm only level 20. ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

  18. #618
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,709
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    Been playing this for a week now, really fun. Really into it, play it with me and a friend. Really refreshing, honestly. At the end of March? Nooooo, I'm only level 20. ;_;
    Yeah on the 25th.

    You should hurry to 30 if you want to get Cacodemon Ymir. :P

  19. #619
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26
    imported_JoshuaBojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    284
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    It's a lot of fun, I came really close to buying the Ultimate Pack thing.
    But really... How is Cthulhu not an option?

    Also waiting for Xenu.
    Even if you only plan on playing casually, get the god pack. Favor doesnt come in extremely fast and it frees you up to spend it on recolors and gold skins. The value is ridiculous as well. 30 bucks for every god...ever. When the roster is 100+, youre gonna be really glad you spent the money.

  20. #620
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 76
    Mystryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Even if you only plan on playing casually, get the god pack. Favor doesnt come in extremely fast and it frees you up to spend it on recolors and gold skins. The value is ridiculous as well. 30 bucks for every god...ever. When the roster is 100+, youre gonna be really glad you spent the money.
    Yeah I thought the value of the god pack was great, saves heck of a lot of time.
    League of Legends US - IGN ForceModified
    Steam - mystryx1


  21. #621
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94
    Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,460
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Yeah, plus it refunds all the favor you spent on Gods prior. I think I got about 82K myself for all of mine.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

  22. #622
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176
    Wicked315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    7,831
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Yeah on the 25th.

    You should hurry to 30 if you want to get Cacodemon Ymir. :P

    That's the plan, the 25th? I'm 21 now, I'll try and hit a level everyday, or half a level. Should be fine then. I need that skin, not only because I play Ymir but because I don't wanna buy his skins. : ((((



    Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Even if you only plan on playing casually, get the god pack. Favor doesnt come in extremely fast and it frees you up to spend it on recolors and gold skins. The value is ridiculous as well. 30 bucks for every god...ever. When the roster is 100+, youre gonna be really glad you spent the money.
    This. It really was worth it. I bought it day one of me playing it, me and my friend instantly realized this was worth it. I've been playing way more than the price I paid. Highly recommend this great deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystryx View Post
    Yeah I thought the value of the god pack was great, saves heck of a lot of time.
    Not only that but it's so refreshing, even though the roster isn't exactly massive, it does give you so much breathing room as to who to play, plus it makes Assault more interesting... unless you're like me and get Vamana 4 times in a row and hate Assault for life. ;___;
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

  23. #623
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Just getting back into Smite, what do the little favor markers mean on the skins? o-o

  24. #624
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    Just getting back into Smite, what do the little favor markers mean on the skins? o-o
    The Favor Markers on the various Skins indicate exactly how much Favor can be used to obtain/purchase/buy the Skin in question. So, if at anytime you see 15,000 Favor (Gold Skins) it means you require 15,000 Favors to purchase the Skin. If you don't see any Favor right next to the Marker - so if you don't see a Number next to the Marker - it means that the Skin in question cannot be purchased by Favor, and only by Gems.

    Generally, the 15k+ Skins are Gold Skins, and the 9.5k+ Skins are the alternate variants of the Skin for the God. When it comes to Gem Skins though, there are some that range from 300-600 that are Gems only. The 9.5k Favor Skin variants are also obtainable for 200 Gems usually, but it's often not the ideal purchase with Gems.

    The other thing that are Gem only for the time being, are the God Voice Packs. Those are - I believe - 200 Gems for each Voice Pack.

  25. #625
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janemba001 View Post
    The Favor Markers on the various Skins indicate exactly how much Favor can be used to obtain/purchase/buy the Skin in question. So, if at anytime you see 15,000 Favor (Gold Skins) it means you require 15,000 Favors to purchase the Skin. If you don't see any Favor right next to the Marker - so if you don't see a Number next to the Marker - it means that the Skin in question cannot be purchased by Favor, and only by Gems.

    Generally, the 15k+ Skins are Gold Skins, and the 9.5k+ Skins are the alternate variants of the Skin for the God. When it comes to Gem Skins though, there are some that range from 300-600 that are Gems only. The 9.5k Favor Skin variants are also obtainable for 200 Gems usually, but it's often not the ideal purchase with Gems.

    The other thing that are Gem only for the time being, are the God Voice Packs. Those are - I believe - 200 Gems for each Voice Pack.
    No no, though i know what you're talking about x3 Like on Hades three of his skins have a little Favor marker on the smaller icons :s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •