Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    No no, though i know what you're talking about x3 Like on Hades three of his skins have a little Favor marker on the smaller icons :s
    I have no clue what you're talking about, lol. Through my SMITE, I have nothing but Locks on every God Icon at the moment...not sure if this is due to having every God Unlocked. I can only think of two possible scenarios for what you're describing;

1) The God in question has this Favor Marker/Icon because you still have to unlock it/buy it.

2) The God in question is already unlocked/bought, but it's showing you what Skins are purchasable not only by Gems, but Favor as well. (So that little Favor Marker/Icon shows you what Skins have both options; Gems or Favor.)

BIG EDIT: I believe the Favor Marker indicates if you are able to purchase the Skin regardless of what type of currency is necessary. I was taking a look at my Gods List, and it turns out that my God Rank 1 Isis has the Favor Icon on her Gold Skin, but my God Rankless (0) Tyr has no Icon on his Gold Skin. The only thing I can conclude is that the Icon is shown for any Skins you are able to purchase regardless of the currency!

Just to be safe, I checked this against various other Gods that are Rank 1, and Rank 0 respectively and it turned out to be the same, so I'm speculating as much - thus the conclusion above.
    Last edited by janemba001; 03-04-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26

Scylla Scylla Scylla <3

Also dat new Batz skin...hrrrrngh

Edit: phone isnt letting me post links but the reveal is up

42 Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post

Raise your dogetacles.

Well, i guess it's true that when to opposing views are placed the truth is somewhere in between

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23

They are going for the Annie/Lulu-hentai-loving-pedo audience. Gotta get em somehow.

Her one looks scary! If it's as easy to hit as Zhong Kui's card then we might be in for a rough time but if it's as difficult to hit as Thanatos's scythe projectile then we are okay. From the video the projectile width seems pretty big.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 03-03-2014 at 07:38 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

I actually like the model. It really makes her look eerie, a little girl placed in the ocean to kill and murder people, I'm glad shes not some adult with DD's, it really just makes her look much more intimidating. I can't wait to play her. She looks amazingly fun to play too, does Sentinel do anything other than act as a ward, and teleporting her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    does Sentinel do anything other than act as a ward, and teleporting her?
    When it's off CD it gives MP5. They didn't mention on the video what additional effect it gets at max rank though.

It's basically like a Chaac axe without the damage I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    I actually like the model. It really makes her look eerie, a little girl placed in the ocean to kill and murder people, I'm glad shes not some adult with DD's, it really just makes her look much more intimidating. I can't wait to play her. She looks amazingly fun to play too, does Sentinel do anything other than act as a ward, and teleporting her?
    She reminds me of Alice from the SMT games. Creepy little girls who wreck face are A-OK in my book.

I wish they would add replays for non-ranked games. Some games are so good you just want to marvel at your own accomplishments.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94

Almost feel like Hirez seen that image and decided to be trolly by making her even younger. I like it though, quality stuff and Cupid really needed a homicidal older sister.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

I won 1800 gems so far from submitting drawings to the weekly art show (won three times). Granted I was submitting art when the show first started and competition was light. Nowadays the art being submitted is too darn good.

I hope I win this week. I submitted a Bakasura+Neith drawing that you guys might like. The art show is on Fridays 4:00 pm EST btw on the smite twitch stream.

Here's the notes guys. SCCCYYYYLLLLLAAAA!

They removed Fatalis and Gem of Binding... my favorite Zeus item combination in the universe was Hastened Fatalis + Binding, plus Hastened is my favorite item on Hunters too... This is going to take some getting used to.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

Judging by the "item trees", they took a hint from Dawngate, which I honestly like.

also, coming back after a 3 (4?) month hiatus. weeee!
    Messing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Ao Kuang's nerf was completely uncessary. The skill is a ranged projectile skillshot unlike Nemesis's slow which is much much easier to hit and harder to dodge. That being said, I'll be glad to see fewer terrible ao kuangs (on my team).

Fenrir Ragnarok cancelling was very necessary. I'm glad they did that. Sometimes if you took high spike while in ragnarok you couldn't jump away to escape because of Ragnarok.

I'm really really surprised Thor's anvil of dawn was so majorly bugged for such a long time. I expect it to crazy amounts of damage now. Thor will be a god to fear (possibly also Poseidon after buffs?).

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    Ao Kuang's nerf was completely uncessary. The skill is a ranged projectile skillshot unlike Nemesis's slow which is much much easier to hit and harder to dodge. That being said, I'll be glad to see fewer terrible ao kuangs (on my team).
    Its actually pretty easy to hit and Im pretty sure the projectile itself is larger than the indicator. If you land it on a squishy, thats a free nado you get to drop right on their head and most likely a kill. All the nerf does is help prevent that from happening as often during the early game which isnt even a big deal as Ao is perfectly content to just chillax and farm. The nerf should barely effect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

They removed Fatalis and Gem of Binding... my favorite Zeus item combination in the universe was Hastened Fatalis + Binding, plus Hastened is my favorite item on Hunters too... This is going to take some getting used to.
    They removed regular Fatalis, Hastened Fatalis is under a new branch: Ancient Blade.

I couldn't play my lovely Freya without it.

Oh that's fine then, I never cared for regular old Fatalis. Binding will be missed though it was pretty niche I admit.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

From the epic The Oddyssey and also from the Hercules disney movie I had the impression that Scylla was a serpentine hydra not a dog headed hydra attached to a little girl's privates.

From the epic The Oddyssey and also from the Hercules disney movie I had the impression that Scylla was a serpentine hydra not a dog headed hydra attached to a little girl's privates.
    Lore-wise she should look like this:

But yeah... Hi-Rez took their artistic freedom to the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Lore-wise she should look like this:

Thanks, I can fap to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post

Not calling anyone out here, just using this as a segway, but I never understood why people are so critical of Hi-rez and their god designs. No matter how many gods they have to choose from, at the end of the day they dont get to make original characters. If they want to go completely left field with something, I think its completely justified...especially when they have big fantasy moba's to compete with.

Gotta say... Scylla is pretty terrible. She is almost as bad as Ao Kuang. Her abilities are so easy to juke and she is completely countered by beads if you mess up and get hit by her root.

She is basically a noob killer similar to Ao Kuang.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Not calling anyone out here, just using this as a segway, but I never understood why people are so critical of Hi-rez and their god designs. No matter how many gods they have to choose from, at the end of the day they dont get to make original characters. If they want to go completely left field with something, I think its completely justified...especially when they have big fantasy moba's to compete with.
    It all started with Geb though, when they didn't give him a snake aspect all hell broke loose. It's sort of weird though since Apollo's appearance and Athena's accent aren't particularly true to their lore.

I care more about their kits than their design to be honest. If they manage to add a little bit of the God's lore on their abilities, then that's alright.

Gotta say... Scylla is pretty terrible. She is almost as bad as Ao Kuang. Her abilities are so easy to juke and she is completely countered by beads if you mess up and get hit by her root.

She is basically a noob killer similar to Ao Kuang.
    Her 2 is super easy to land if you detonate as soon as it lands.

Beads dont counter her either...her snare is nice for free ult hits but other than that her 1 is primarily a contributor to her burst. If you need the snare to land her other abilities you probably shouldnt be playing her.

And her ult is bonkers. Huuuuge cleanup potential. Darius ult on a burst mage? Yes pls.

Her 3 is the only underwhelming part of her kit as far as Im concerned. Zero incentive to not max it last

I have seen so many terrible Scyllas miss their ult, or using it on a full health tank. Can't wait for this week to be over (and next, probably).