Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Reputation: 195

I play a mean AO Kuang.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    I do not know why this game is more popular than Tribes: Ascend and Wrath of Heroes. Do people like WASD this much?

It's a nice game... But I didn't notice any gameplay improvements over other MOBAs. Ao Kuang has gratifying skillshots. Is Artemis still overpowered?
    Tribes is an awesome game. I would have thought that it would have more of a following. As for the other... I don't think I've heard of it. At least, it doesn't ring any bells right away. Link?

As for Artemis, she can be very good if played correctly, but I wouldn't say over powered.

The only build that I've come across (but I don't play much) that I would say is overpowered is Crit Chance Loki. It's kinda BS how I can build full tanky build and yet he can destroy 90% of my health in two seconds.

Edit: Was right in the middle of a decent game and then I got kicked off the game. I log back in and it told me I was a deserter, rather than letting me back in like it normally does. I was about to get pissed off, but then I got kicked off a second time and I was able to rejoin the queue and a few seconds later an announcement was made that the servers were going down in 10 minutes.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 02-01-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

For new players I'd suggest the follow Gods(in no paticular order):
    - Ra
    - Ymir
    - Arachne
    - Kali
    - Artemis
    - Ao Kuang

I personally would stay away as Kali and Arachne as a new player. Ra is great cause he is good for laning with a jungler, or playing mid. Or just laning with anyone, due to his ability to take out minions and healing himself/friendlies. Plus his ulti is very nice.

Ymir is a tank, he's good at keeping himself and his team alive (if played right) and is capable of stunning + slowing enemies for his friendlies to finish off.

Artemis is great because she can dish out a lot of exp while not being absolutely squishy. She is also good at mid lane because of her AOE attack. Her ulti (stun) + her speed arrow with damage build can be deadly.

Ao Kuang, if belt for tanking, is great for just about anything. You gotta realize that, especially early game, your purpose is to take out creeps and provide backup for friendlies. Mid game you are (usually) an awesome tank so you can take a lot of hits for your friendlies, or use your speed boost (2) to help you take out fleeing enemies with your 1 or ulti, or even a well placed 3.

Late game, your role, for the most part, goes back to being primarily for creeps and a backup tank in team fights.

At least that's been my experience with the above mentioned.

I've yet to meet an Arachne or a Kali that has been a threat to me as Ao Kuang. I can get away from most champs no problem. The biggest problem I've had, and I've only run in to it once, is a well-played Loki.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

I play pretty regularly. IGN Is Infuriated and I'm level 30, probably a waste of time to hit me up for a Conquest match since I pretty much play Arena exclusively. Domination can be fun sometimes, though.

I play with Hercules, Ymir, Cupid and Hebo, usually whichever fits the team comp best.

It's got plenty of issues, but I haven't enjoyed a game like this since Exteel (not quite the same but have similar addictive qualities for me lol). My main tip is don't rely on the automatic skill/items forever.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I personally would stay away as Kali and Arachne as a new player. Ra is great cause he is good for laning with a jungler, or playing mid. Or just laning with anyone, due to his ability to take out minions and healing himself/friendlies. Plus his ulti is very nice.
    Arachne is good for new players because her eggs act as wards and can solo jungle minions at rank 3, she has a massive easy to use slow and most people don't know how to counter life drain, her ultimate is hard to hit and her team fight presence is a little lacking, but overall she is a decent carry for newbies to learn.

Kali's life steal is the main reason I suggested her, that and anyone coming from LoL who enjoys Kat will most likely enjoy Kali.

Ymir is a tank, he's good at keeping himself and his team alive (if played right) and is capable of stunning + slowing enemies for his friendlies to finish off.
    Ymir can build some AP which allows him to do respectful damage while also being tanky, which helps quite a bit when your carries are playing catch up.

Artemis is great because she can dish out a lot of exp while not being absolutely squishy. She is also good at mid lane because of her AOE attack. Her ulti (stun) + her speed arrow with damage build can be deadly.
    On top of that her abilities are all very simply to use, which is why she is such a strong pick.

Ao Kuang, if belt for tanking, is great for just about anything. You gotta realize that, especially early game, your purpose is to take out creeps and provide backup for friendlies. Mid game you are (usually) an awesome tank so you can take a lot of hits for your friendlies, or use your speed boost (2) to help you take out fleeing enemies with your 1 or ulti, or even a well placed 3.

Late game, your role, for the most part, goes back to being primarily for creeps and a backup tank in team fights.
    That's because Ao Kuang is boss! The biggest advantage Ao has is his pushing power thanks to tornado which is his best ability imo.

At least that's been my experience with the above mentioned.

I've yet to meet an Arachne or a Kali that has been a threat to me as Ao Kuang. I can get away from most champs no problem. The biggest problem I've had, and I've only run in to it once, is a well-played Loki.
    The reason they aren't a threat is because Ao Kuang is a pain in the *** for most melee due to his CC and move speed boost from slither.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    I play pretty regularly. IGN Is Infuriated and I'm level 30, probably a waste of time to hit me up for a Conquest match since I pretty much play Arena exclusively. Domination can be fun sometimes, though.

I play with Hercules, Ymir, Cupid and Hebo, usually whichever fits the team comp best.

It's got plenty of issues, but I haven't enjoyed a game like this since Exteel (not quite the same but have similar addictive qualities for me lol). My main tip is don't rely on the automatic skill/items forever.
    I had a lot of fun with the water world game mode(was Arena where everyone played as Hebo), crazy doesn't begin to cover the match.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

so decided to join in on the SMITE train. IGN Jerrid.

currently eyeballing quite a number of champs, although first shop pick is Bakasura, just for the omnomnom W and puke ult, followed by either Ares or Odin.

Honestly wish I knew that about Ymir, the AP bruiser thing. I lost my very first match with him, even though all his moves to me feel quite good.

Think this is just extra incentive to turn off the auto-buy thing, although I already turned off auto-skilling.
    Last edited by Jerov; 02-01-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Messing around.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

I used to play a lot smite...but now im playing a lot FPS.

My fav heroes were hebo,Arachne,Thor(It sucked before buff but still played it) and Hel...but she is usually banned lol.

The only thing i dislike its the arena game mode...its...brainless.

I usually don't like Arena mode, but it's pretty easy. You just have to focus on killing the creeps while you let the rest of your team throw themselves at the enemy. Sometimes you have to encourage people to focus the creeps, but it's usually not so bad.
    -Cingal

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 47

I don't like it, Im'a uninstall. I don't fancy the game play, feels chunky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    I'm usually not at fault, so I don't normally have the opportunity to apologize.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast