Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 42

I tried out Neith and she is one strong character and the back flip skill is a great escape tool. I'm planning to buy her.

Game Journalist Reputation: 490

Been playing duo lately. What are some good god combos for playing with someone? She likes to play Ra and I like to play just about anyone (I like the challenge of a new god)
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

General Manager Reputation: 559

In Conquest I prefer Ra in mid. His ult is long range and has such a short cast time that he can strike unwary side lanes extremely hard. Even when the ult is off cool-down he just does his flash skill and blinds and disorients the lane for the win.

If you want a really strong combo check out Vulcan and Neith. My two buddies have been doing insanely well with that duo. Vulcan protects Neith during her weak start and once Vulcan starts to fall off Neith becomes a power house. Plus Neith's reliable snares are wicked with Vulcan's turrets.
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Been playing duo lately. What are some good god combos for playing with someone? She likes to play Ra and I like to play just about anyone (I like the challenge of a new god)
    Why don't you try Artemis or Neith?

Quote Originally Posted by Zebracal View Post
    Why don't you try Artemis or Neith?
    We've been doing Neith (me) and Ra. But I'm looking for other combos.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

How about He Bo's tidal wave, Basakura's Uliti, Sobek's surprise attacks, and Xlabanaque's strength power?

Slowly going up in the levels. Reached level 19. 11 more to go.
    -Cingal

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 15

i went back into smite again aswell, after some very questionable lol game's (i should have known better then to play soloQ dureing the weekend) im haveing a blast so far i had forgotten how much fun this game can be, ive been playing alot of roaming Ymir after tanking up the blue for the left side il camp mid a lil and hop on back to left now and then in the early lvls, its almost the same feeling as playing a roamin alistar
    , building the speed boots and that movement speed magic power item then going full tank works everytime =) nothing like it to scare the lanes with a 200mph frostgiant
    i should be hitting lvl 14 soon, there is one thing ive been wondering though. what ever happened to the side lane jungle?
    Last edited by Tokeri; 02-24-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokeri View Post
    i should be hitting lvl 14 soon, there is one thing ive been wondering though. what ever happened to the side lane jungle?
    Yeah, I was wondering that too. I liked it. Not sure why it was taken out.
    -Cingal

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94

It was removed with the new Conquest map, I think the idea was to make team fights more frequent. There used to be a def and hp jungle buff as well, which were removed too.
    »Games & IGN«
    Wurm Online » Leviathan
    FFTA2
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

so. i unlocked Vulcan today, against my better judgement i guess it stood between thor or vulcan.

anyway i was hopeing for a champ that play's somewhat like heimerdinger. but his turret mecanic is just weird.. the turret doesnt get more hp when i lvl the skill they get 35% of my resistance's from lvl 1-5 onlt the dmg scales by lvling it. so early game they are almost 2 shotted and once late game comes around minion waves are pushed so fast that even though the turret is decently durable its just bypassed completly. there's is a small window of usefull ness in it around mid game but even then its kinda pathetic, he got the tank tag and his base dmg on his skills are rather high except for his XVI barrel, so its still possible to pick of someone with a very tanky build.

what are your thoughts on this god ? i played him a metric-crap-ton today im almost up to 1500 favor again and getting another lvl soon.
    his only saveing grace seems to be that noone knows what he does so its easy to suprise someone and get some good skillshots in and bait them into diveing you with the barrel and turret out, ive survived a couple of 4-5 man ganks while i was alone under a turret due to his ulti being such a good tank-steriod also rather awesome when seigeing enemy turrets

A well played Vulcan is one of my worse nightmares (second only to Loki). I've come across Vulcans who towers were a nightmare to take down. I've also come across Vulcan's whose towers I could kill in one or two shots in late game. He seems to be very good mid game, but kinda weak in early/late.
    -Cingal

thats quite spot-on how it feels to play him he starts out weak and can be easly bullied out of lane then mid game comes 1-2 big items is finished half the third one and boots etc. feeling stronger can hold my own in lane not scared of doing some jungle camps or even gank.
    then comes the third act. late game 2 scenarios always seem to pan out im either so tanky that i just wont go down but i dont have any peel or enough dmg to be a high priority , or i build magic power and pen with a little armor and i can pick people off but il be blown up just as easy as that glascannon ra due to all the decent magic power items carried inate pen on em :P

its nice haveing a new god to play around with but maybe i should have gone for something with a bit more utility. compareing him to hades or ymir as a tank is laugheble at best and building him full ap while he only have 1 active skill shot is just weird
    Last edited by Tokeri; 02-25-2013 at 10:39 PM.

I played yesterday with a Loki, and we are partners in a lane (I'm using Ymir), he just instructed me to wait for his signal and I'll release some frost breaths to the opposing team in the lane. From what I can see (or he is just that good) I was like level 17 and Loki is just level 13 and he keeps killing the other gods like they were the creeps. By the time that we were all twenty except for Loki which is only 17 he racked up the most kills in all of us 2nd is Artemis.

When we were in the lane he just told me to kill the creeps and he will jungle and he will do some back stab guerrilla tactics. Our opponents in the lane were Ra and Artemis, then switched to Ymir and Artemis.

The question is: is Loki a really strong god even if he is out leveled during the match or he is just that good or is it in our opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokeri View Post
    so. i unlocked Vulcan today, against my better judgement i guess it stood between thor or vulcan.
    I've heard he's best built like a magic bruiser. Most of them I see aren't that great, but there are some people who utilize his abilities to a horrifying degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebracal View Post
    The question is: is Loki a really strong god even if he is out leveled during the match or he is just that good or is it in our opponents?
    Loki has an insane amount of burst potential, however he's extremely squishy and overall not as influential or useful in a team fight. I don't play competitively but I've read enough that the general consensus is he's not that viable at that level since people are much more coordinated, place wards and he's not as deadly once you've faced him many times (exception being if they just out play you in general, but that could be said about any God). He does better in the casual queues, and with a Ymir freezing on his dime = him getting fed like crazy and wrecking everybody, which is why he might have seemed extra-awesome.
    »Games & IGN«
    Wurm Online » Leviathan
    FFTA2

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26

Have queue times gotten any better lately? I was thinking about getting back into the game and maybe purchasing the god budle but I haaaaaaaate sitting in queue for 5 minutes, having someone quit because they didnt get the god they want, and then doing it all over again several more times.

Well, they released a patch today that removed the rolling queues from the casual modes, so instead of waiting for your turn it will invite you the moment it gets a match prepared. I haven't had the chance to play yet today, but I've read for most people it takes around the same amount of time while a few have claimed to get into matches in as little as 12 seconds, I can't say for sure until I check it out myself.

It sounds like the system they had before the rolling queues though, which it wasn't much faster back then. (maybe by 2 minutes tops, sometimes faster and sometimes longer...)

And on another note: Poseidon was also added today, Domination got huge improvements, Cripple was added a long with a slew of other things.
    »Games & IGN«
    Wurm Online » Leviathan
    FFTA2

Tried Poseidon in the practice run and he is one powerful fella. That ultimate is the best that I've ever seen in the game.

I tried Poseidon and did horribly ;_;
    -Cingal

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 12

for some reason i cant get this to patch i keep getting this error it has something to do with the icudt42.dll file ive tried reinstalling 3times this is what the full error messages says if anybody has a fix. icudt42dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains a error try installing again posted on the forums have yet to get any help
    [IMG][/IMG]

General Manager Reputation: 559

That's a good change on the queue system. Been on the road doing constant press events since Tuesday so wasn't even aware of it. And yea in practice Poseidon is strong but in actual play my friends tell me it's intense trying to keep your tide meter up without taking too much damage. They mostly play arena though so that's likely why it's rough getting consistent auto attacks off.
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Well, they reverted it back to the rolling queue but they said they're trying to find a good middle ground, so here's to hoping for better match making in a few weeks lol.

And yeah, Poseidon is actually quite underwhelming, but I'm saving my UP response for at least week since he seems a bit hard to play and people already play easy Gods terribly...
    »Games & IGN«
    Wurm Online » Leviathan
    FFTA2

I played a second game with him, and he just seems to have no purpose other than farming creeps. I've found him to not be much use past that.

I am going to play him a third time, and this time I will build him like a tanky Ao Kuang and see how it goes. He just seems incredibly squishy to the point that he can't accomplish anything unless the enemy is completely stupid. Artemis completely destroys me.

Speaking of artemis, did she receive some kind of buff this last patch?
    -Cingal

Her traps have Cripple now, that's all that changed for her.
    »Games & IGN«
    Wurm Online » Leviathan
    FFTA2

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Her traps have Cripple now, that's all that changed for her.
    It just feels like every Artemis I come across completely destroys me now. Their ultimate always seems to be up and as soon as you get caught by it, you might as well give up. But then again, that is playing as Poseidon.
    -Cingal