Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

Interesting patch notes, Janus looks so cool though. Good golly gosh my hype is through the roof, R.I.P Warriors though, lol. Tyr get wrecked hard. Ullr still getting nerfed, pretty soon Cupid will surpass him in use.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Ouch Bastet.
    Ouch Zeus.

Ouch in general. (lol, Aphro nerfs).

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61

Warriors really needed to be rebalanced. They had the tankiness and CC of Guardians while having the damage potential of an Assassin. It was nuts.

Janus looks really cool. His kit is really cool, he's got a cool voice (reminds me of C-3PO), and I love his jokes/taunts. Can't wait until next patch.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Airsyk View Post
    My real issue with her was her ability to burst you down after her ult and/or 2 only now she has assassin attack speed to do it with.
    That IS her job now. Shes an assassin, shes gonna burst you down. At least now she'll be paper thin or be forced into building more than just Urchin if she wants to be tanky.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23

Losing base protections and HP doesn't stop her from being great. She can still build tanky and has her 3 to be just as annoying as she was before, like support Fenrir does, if she wanted to. My real issue with her was her ability to burst you down after her ult and/or 2 only now she has assassin attack speed to do it with.
    If she builds tanky she won't be able to burst you down. Building tanky as an assassin is just not effective. Furthermore, if you've ever played an assassin you know how incredibly squishy they are. You will see a huge difference in her survivability.

Also, remember you can remove her shield with hard CC so save your CC cooldown until she casts her shield. Another thing to note if you don't know already, if you interrupt her during her first dash she will no longer have a second dash.

Trust me the changes to Nemesis will make her more balanced. Her lower inherent protections will make her actually a viable target more often.

I have never played nor played against a support fenrir buy I highly doubt support fenrir is taken seriously.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 05-23-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Warriors getting blown the **** out.

I hate Chaac with a passion so I'm glad. And Osiris can get ****ed too.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    If she builds tanky she won't be able to burst you down. Building tanky as an assassin is just not effective. Furthermore, if you've ever played an assassin you know how incredibly squishy they are. You will see a huge difference in her survivability.

Also, remember you can remove her shield with hard CC so save your CC cooldown until she casts her shield. Another thing to note if you don't know already, if you interrupt her during her first dash she will no longer have a second dash.

Trust me the changes to Nemesis will make her more balanced. Her lower inherent protections will make her actually a viable target more often.

I have never played nor played against a support fenrir buy I highly doubt support fenrir is taken seriously.
    She will though..Nemesis ult takes half your hp. If she's still at full health she has her 2 to slow you and her 1 to chase you down and fast basic attacks. You can't chase her down because of her 1 and 3. My point is that she is only better at being Nemesis than she was before, therefore she was buffed.

Top level players and competitive teams use support Fenrir from time to time.

Queued for MotD, instalocked Chang'e cause I wanted to play her. The rest of my team locks in Chang'e, leading to an Arena dance party where we wiped the floor with the enemy team. Just one of those moments that really makes you enjoy a game.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

She will though..Nemesis ult takes half your hp. If she's still at full health she has her 2 to slow you and her 1 to chase you down and fast basic attacks. You can't chase her down because of her 1 and 3. My point is that she is only better at being Nemesis than she was before, therefore she was buffed.

Top level players and competitive teams use support Fenrir from time to time.
    Methinks you are overestimating the attack speed buff and underestimating the loss of protections.

Her early game was already not the best and the loss of protections is going to make her an extremely easy kill pre lvl 5.

**** this game's matchmaking, I swear to god. I'm trying to enjoy the 2x favor weekend, but it's really hard to when every other match I get screwed over by matchmaking or leavers.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    **** this game's matchmaking, I swear to god. I'm trying to enjoy the 2x favor weekend, but it's really hard to when every other match I get screwed over by matchmaking or leavers.
    Yeah I know what you mean. You just have to get better and better and carry bad teams. It's easier to do in some game modes like arena.

In conquest if you want to carry, I mean really carry, you basically have to play ADC. If you play jungler or mid you have to do so well early game that the enemy has to surrender. If you don't make them surrender then you will lose late game because it's very hard to organize bad players who don't listen or group up or contest objectives.

ADC if you get fed, which you should be if you are very good, can carry the team to victory late game. But, the problem is that you need to reach endgame, sometimes bad teammates will feed so hard that you won't reach endgame.

Arachne right now is one of the most underrated gods in the game. I have a feeling that once Smite is released in SEA we will see arachne played a lot more. She might even become first pick first ban material.

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    Arachne right now is one of the most underrated gods in the game. I have a feeling that once Smite is released in SEA we will see arachne played a lot more. She might even become first pick first ban material.
    Shes binary and boring and without team coordination shes less useful than burstier assassins. Thats why you dont see her often in conquest.

Shes certainly not weak. She is easily one of the best 3v3/assault gods even without a coordinated team.

The day she gets reworked and becomes more than just "the spiderlady who hides and ults every 20 seconds" I imagine her popularity will skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Shes binary and boring and without team coordination shes less useful than burstier assassins. Thats why you dont see her often in conquest.

Shes certainly not weak. She is easily one of the best 3v3/assault gods even without a coordinated team.

The day she gets reworked and becomes more than just "the spiderlady who hides and ults every 20 seconds" I imagine her popularity will skyrocket.
    I disagree. She has I'd say the second highest auto attack damage after Mercury taking into consideration her passive. She can stay glued to the target without building frostbound hammer or hastened fatalis due to her number 3. She can solo gold fury very early and INCREDIBLY fast if you prep eggs. I mean if you start the gold fury, the gold fury will be dead by the time the mid or duo lane rotates, that's how fast.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Arachne has no real escape. She can be beaded out of her ultimate or aegis out of it. A team rush to her spells her doom. She is good at trolling pubs who just forget about her existence but in ranked, she can be dropped pretty easily. Having a ton of damage but almost no mobility isn't good in anyway. Also she has single target damage skills, with one skill that makes her unable to do anything but leech health off the target.

If your team gets heavenly agility, Arachne is pretty much gone for the rest of the game.

Also to counter your gold fury rave, a good team usually wards. By the time she can kill gold fury, there will probably be a rotation on her that she cannot escape from.

High auto-attack damage =/= burst. Every assassin is going to have decent AA damage once their build gets rolling anyway.

Loki can ult + 3(thats the attack steroid yeah? havent played him in ages) and delete any mage or carry then vanish and walk away.

Ne Zha sashes, ults his target out of the fight, drops them to their death and skates on his merry way.

Merc ults, throws a couple jabs, 1's and dashes away.

Arachne ults you, rides your face, gets carried into the enemy team and dies, possibly without scoring a kill.

Spot the difference? 0 burst and 0 escape makes her poor at her job. If she misses her ult, she wont be contributing to that teamfight, plain and simple. Like I said earlier, shes definitely not weak, but her kit just doesnt fit the role she is supposed to fill. Shes got a support kit through and through.

Arachne's pretty much just a pubstomper at this point. Good against badly coordinated teams, terrible against well-coordinated ones.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    High auto-attack damage =/= burst. Every assassin is going to have decent AA damage once their build gets rolling anyway.

Loki can ult + 3(thats the attack steroid yeah? havent played him in ages) and delete any mage or carry then vanish and walk away.

Ne Zha sashes, ults his target out of the fight, drops them to their death and skates on his merry way.

Merc ults, throws a couple jabs, 1's and dashes away.

Arachne ults you, rides your face, gets carried into the enemy team and dies, possibly without scoring a kill.

Spot the difference? 0 burst and 0 escape makes her poor at her job. If she misses her ult, she wont be contributing to that teamfight, plain and simple. Like I said earlier, shes definitely not weak, but her kit just doesnt fit the role she is supposed to fill. Shes got a support kit through and through.
    Her number 2 is not really a damage ability, it's more of a utility ability. It is useful for interrupting channels, then right-click cancel immediately afterwards, or in certain situations it can be used as an aegis against a single target to buy time.

Here is arachne's burst: Lay egg > Ult > Tangled web> Auto attack x3. Best part is arachne can get a target to 1/4th health and walk away because the poison will kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Accany View Post
    Arachne has no real escape. She can be beaded out of her ultimate or aegis out of it. A team rush to her spells her doom. She is good at trolling pubs who just forget about her existence but in ranked, she can be dropped pretty easily. Having a ton of damage but almost no mobility isn't good in anyway. Also she has single target damage skills, with one skill that makes her unable to do anything but leech health off the target.

If your team gets heavenly agility, Arachne is pretty much gone for the rest of the game.

Also to counter your gold fury rave, a good team usually wards. By the time she can kill gold fury, there will probably be a rotation on her that she cannot escape from.
    That's a lot of if's. Beads and heavenly agility counters all assassins not just Arachne. She doesn't need mobility if she has a 50% AoE slow to put on the ground as she is running away, and since she has a pull. Her number 2 is a situational utility ability, not a primary damage source, see above.

A smart team isnt going to let arachne lay eggs. Shes lucky if she gets to pull someone into one egg. Popular mages like Ao and Agni render eggs pretty much useless outside of clearing camps.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

That's a lot of if's. Beads and heavenly agility counters all assassins not just Arachne. She doesn't need mobility if she has a 50% AoE slow to put on the ground as she is running away, and since she has a pull. Her number 2 is a situational utility ability, not a primary damage source, see above.
    Ok, you have been playing too much pubstomping I see. Beads do not counter a lot of assassins. remember arachne has one, initiating CC ability, which is her ult. You are also assuming that arachne can farm, in which a good team would just stomp on her laning phase anyway since her farming ability is pretty terrible. Her jungling ability is relatively awesome, but a good enemy jungler would have managed to kill her multiple times due to her inability to run away at earlier levels while she jungles.

Beads however, do not counter ne zha's ult unless you use it earlier than he ults.

You can beads out of loki's ult, but if you are low the damage will probably kill you anyway.

Merc can just stomp you, just probably having a harder time because he didn't throw you back to his team. He can still go towards you.

Nemesis can just.... well probably laugh in your face and shield.

Even hun batz can just jump in and beat on you when you have beads on because he got a good escape, not to mention you'll probably beads his extremely potent teamfight ult.

What about Arachne? That is also assuming she managed to farm in the laning phase, she can... pull one person in, who might either beads or aegis. Remember beads negates three of her skills, her main ones which are pull, eggs and web, all three which are vital to her even getting a person who is willing to go close to her anyway.

I might be exaggerating slightly, but that doesn't change the fact that unlike arachne, a lot of assassins can still secure kills because the opponents have beads. You can beads through arachne's ult while getting pulled! Then counter attack her! Like seriously, she can only really run away at that point.

Also anyone with a nice escape confirms you will have to use your 2 before your ult stun finishes. Every ullr, neith, artemis or anyone who is a hunter or assassin would probably get heavenly agility/Aegis/beads. Remember that Arachne is squishy. I have seen aggressive arachnes getting killed because they pulled in someone who has an escape, jumped away and started attacking her because the only thing she could do was run away after they managed to escape her web using one of those 3.

Like I said before, in even a decent team, nobody except from the tank would really just wander around alone. Or unless you are a split pushing apollo. In teamfights the only thing she brings to the table is attacking one person, which by the time you killed her, you will probably be trading your life for him/hers anyway, with the possibility that he/she has one of the 3 actives that just make arachne useless, and then you have the entire enemy team on your tail. Her 50% AoE slow doesn't do damage nor does it cripple. There are more gods that have skills that can bypass that slow than gods that can't. It's a crappier version of poseidon's 3.

The only thing I see that arachne can do well, is killing people that do not know her kit, or a team that does not want to stick together.
    Last edited by Accany; 05-30-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Well, this happened...

Finally broke my Arachne arena win streak today.

****ing enemy he bo plus a bad team.

General Manager Reputation: 559

Cool thanks for the heads-up. Love that series.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Any chance OnRPG is also having a Cabrakan giveaway?
    Last edited by Airsyk; 08-20-2014 at 07:25 PM.
    Szel on Smite