Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26

Poseidon has a hell of an ult. Ill give him that. It definitely has a huge impact on teamfights. Other than that he just seems super underwhelming.

On a side note-Bit the bullet and bought the champ bundle. Neith is friggin amazing.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    It just feels like every Artemis I come across completely destroys me now. Their ultimate always seems to be up and as soon as you get caught by it, you might as well give up. But then again, that is playing as Poseidon.
    Well Poseidon IS pretty dang squishy, even Hebo is slightly tougher. With that said, you don't have nearly as scary of a kit and Artemis will probably just bawk at your Whirlpool since she doesn't have an escape anyway. She has always been a terror as far as pure damage goes, she just lacks the substantial CC and dash/leaps of other ranged phys.

I've read on the forum quite a bit now that the best way to build Poseidon is to build him like a Freya, I don't play Freya but I do know she makes use of Demonic Grip and maybe Fatalis (not sure if together is best or not) so you could try looking around at how decent Freya's build.
    Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Neith is friggin amazing.
    I love Neith. I've always played Cupid and Ymir quite a bit and she has best of both worlds as far as I'm concerned.
    »Games & IGN«
    •Wurm Online » Leviathan•
    •FFTA2•
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 42

Neith is friggin amazing.
    I totally agree with you. Trying to save up favor points just to get her.

Game Journalist Reputation: 490

I agree. Neith is one of my favorite gods. Second only to Ao Kuang. She plays exactly the way that I like. Plus, her victory dance is amazing.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 76

If I were everyone in this thread id bite the bullet and get the god pack.... Every god they'll ever make for free...

"What are these Goddamn Animals?"

http://www.twitch.tv/reefmadness - Follow me please

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Madness View Post
    If I were everyone in this thread id bite the bullet and get the god pack.... Every god they'll ever make for free...
    I'm still thinking about this one. The favor points will just loose its purpose once I give in to the God Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebracal View Post
    I'm still thinking about this one. The favor points will just loose its purpose once I give in to the God Pack.
    You can buy skins with favor points. Also, you get refunded for any favor points you've spent on gods once you buy the pack. Which you'll need when you consider a new skin cost 11k favor (I think).
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

Plus, her victory dance is amazing.
    No kidding. I almost couldn't contain myself the first time I saw it. I think I stayed in the post-game lobby for a solid 10 minutes.

I wish I liked Vamana. His new skin is hilarious to me.

You can buy skins with favor points. Also, you get refunded for any favor points you've spent on gods once you buy the pack. Which you'll need when you consider a new skin cost 11k favor (I think).
    Oh I didn't know about that. Thanks ApocaRUFF, I'm convinced now

Quote Originally Posted by Zebracal View Post
    Oh I didn't know about that. Thanks ApocaRUFF, I'm convinced now
    You can only buy the cheapy recolors with favor. The higher quality skins are cash only.

You can only buy the cheapy recolors with favor. The higher quality skins are cash only.
    I thought they all were available for favor after a period of time?
    -Cingal

Nope, they all have different grades of quality that are attached to their gem price. 200 gems (I think) are the recolors and offered for 11k Favor, 400 gems is a different skin altogether and maybe different particle effects and the 600 gem ones are the epic ones where animations, voice acting, etc are completely new.
    »Games & IGN«
    •FFTA2•

Oh well. I find skins pretty useless so I never spend on them. I've been eying the newest Ao Kuang skin, though.
    -Cingal

I buy pretty much every favor skin for the Gods I play, I need to stop being broke so I can buy the Ultimate God Pack and some gem skins lol.

Right now I'm saving for Neith's, but I kind of want to buy Poseidon too... Hmm.
    »Games & IGN«
    •FFTA2•

Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Madness View Post
    Already did grabbed the $20 god pack in early beta.

General Manager Reputation: 559

People in MOBAs really need to relax. You can use 6th grade superiority arguments to make people legitimately mad even if your team won. It's honestly quite amusing to watch. Which in turn makes me want to play this game more often.

Also if anyone wants to join my tiny group Team Captain let me know and we'll get you an invite. Nothing beats replying to a bossy teammate with 'You're not team captain. I am!'
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    People in MOBAs really need to relax. You can use 6th grade superiority arguments to make people legitimately mad even if your team won. It's honestly quite amusing to watch. Which in turn makes me want to play this game more often.
    '
    Haha yes.

I do find Smite's community alot more bearable than LoL's though. 9/10 times when someone on the team is being a tool a simple "**** you" followed by "lets be friends" seems to get team morale pretty high and everyone starts being friendly.

Haha agreed. You have to go out of your way to inspire rage in SMITE compared to feeling a sense of relief if you play a full game of League without having a rager. And when people do rage in SMITE the things they say are so ridiculous I can't help but laugh and start replying with the built in Emote voice.

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

I love those voice commands. It's always hilarious when you have a "yes!" "No!" argument with someone and then randomly throw in an "Ok!" You can almost have full conversations with them.
    -Cingal

The voice commands have huge potential IMO, It would be amazing if there were different language settings so whatever you sent (while appearing in your language to you) would appear in their language on their screen.
    »Games & IGN«
    •FFTA2•

I agree that the new voice commands are great. I will just have to get used with the shortcut commands.

Gah why do none of my MOBA writers live on the east coast? $10k Smite tournament at PAX East!

I want those skins ;_;
    -Cingal

Has anyone tried Aphrodite? Man not only her character design is sexay, but also here skills are full support! Haven't tried here yet though.

I have 2~3 Arena matches with her under my belt, she's a lot of fun if you don't mind relying on another and not getting too many kills. She's hard to use, right now I'm having a lot of trouble with her Kiss ability since everyone's always jerking around missing and blowing it on air is frustrating, plus a lot of times you go for a link or stun and accidentally link up with someone else and not realize it until it's too late. Her ultimate feels a little too short early on, It's not so bad at max though, you just can't expect it to save you for long. Her heal is good, I'd say it's pretty balanced and probably a little difficult to deal with if she's paired with Hercules or some other God with sustain of their own.

Honestly, I think her 1 is screwing with me so bad because it doesn't seem like I can lead it, it has to go right onto a highlighted target which also makes for some weird links that wouldn't normally seem like it would work lol.

She probably fairs even better in Conquest, It's a bit difficult in Arena because you need to constantly make quick decisions on whom to link up with and heal, generally I latch onto good initiators like bruisers/tanks and temporarily link to the squishier Gods if they need heals or immunity.

Just for anyone else that may get confused like I did, her 3 (the dove heal) doesn't need to hit anything to provide the heals.
    »Games & IGN«
    •FFTA2•