Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Page 47 of 79 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

taking a break from this game - hate these losing streaks - all i want to do is play solo lane and expect my teammates to at least be even - i dont even expect them to rotate - just not feed so much - i've never QQ in matchmaking like i have in smite out of all the mobas i've played

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

Looks like Hi-rez is getting in on the role selector thing that Riot is working on for LoL. Sauce: http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/commen..._22_my_bday_d/
    Messing around.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

If current Arena gets replaced by an objective based Arena I'm going to riot in the streets, one man raging against the world. No... The UNIVERSE.

That and simply plopping an objective in the middle of current Arena (which currently seems to be the explanation) just narrows the scope and makes the mode even more linear and dull than when it had no objective at all...
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    If current Arena gets replaced by an objective based Arena I'm going to riot in the streets, one man raging against the world. No... The UNIVERSE.

That and simply plopping an objective in the middle of current Arena (which currently seems to be the explanation) just narrows the scope and makes the mode even more linear and dull than when it had no objective at all...
    I usually only play Arena. Conquest games tend to take a lot of time. I share your apprehension, but at the same time note that we haven't yet seen it so it's too early to judge. They did mention that if the community is does not like it they will just make it a MOTD.

Oh I definitely agree, I'm not even saying the idea is bad at all, but no matter what It's not going to live up to my ideal Arena because there would be no objectives then.

I know there's Domination fans out there, but really it doesn't get much attention by Hirez and a majority of people, I think it would be better to find a middle ground between the objective Arena and the Domination we have now and just replace Domination, if anything.

Either way, Hirez is going to give us what they give us like always lol.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

i recently started playing smite but jesus christ people in this game are aweful............. the first 10 games iv played, EVERY single one of them had a feeder and an afk person in them. I know since i just started so i get teamed up with other new players but this is just stupid...... Does it get better or is smite always this bad?

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 26

I think some kind of objective could really help arena if they implement it well. As of right now arena is waaaay too snowbally. 9/10 times the team who gets an early 20 point lead is going to win and there is almost 0 potential to carry a bad team.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

I don't mind losing when it's a close game, but when you are 150 tickets behind with a 1/13 Xbalanque that is on a premade with a 2/10 Freya you know matchmaking is bonkers.

That's Arena for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cfuson2012 View Post
    i recently started playing smite but jesus christ people in this game are aweful............. the first 10 games iv played, EVERY single one of them had a feeder and an afk person in them. I know since i just started so i get teamed up with other new players but this is just stupid...... Does it get better or is smite always this bad?
    I'd say it wobbles back and fourth, mostly because they are still actively tweaking the matchmaking. I can tell you it's not 100% amazing at 30 but it's a lot better than pre-30, mostly because even after hitting 30 a person will likely play an extensive time afterwards, i've probably played 3~4x the amount of time it took me to actually hit 30.

Also keep in mind this is a pretty fresh game that goes through some pretty radical changes periodically, making the ability pool of the players rather extreme, from terrible to terrifying and far few inbetween. The fact that the game relies on a degree of physical ability to tackle the twitch based aspect really only amplifies the problem at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    I think some kind of objective could really help arena if they implement it well. As of right now arena is waaaay too snowbally. 9/10 times the team who gets an early 20 point lead is going to win and there is almost 0 potential to carry a bad team.
    Arena's going to be inherently snowbally for the duration it has such a small & open map, when you start feeding in such an environment there's nowhere to hide, every space is easily invaded. I don't think having a capture point to sit on is going to slow anyone down in terms of snowballing, not saying it couldn't be fun though. I'll still always prefer TDM Arena, so many other modes with objectives.

Carrying is tough, most of the time I'll just ignore my team and farm (if they're losing every engagement/dragging me into debt), while simultaneously pushing the minion waves as hard as I can. Surprisingly, you can sometimes keep the score gap from widening if not keep it even, and if the enemy are minion blind you can snatch a lead lol. Especially if you manage to farm the buffs for a boost (gold/exp), possibly putting you in a spot to hold off the enemy/minimize damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    I don't mind losing when it's a close game, but when you are 150 tickets behind with a 1/13 Xbalanque that is on a premade with a 2/10 Freya you know matchmaking is bonkers.

That's Arena for you!
    Yeah, Arena's just very punishing to anyone who starts feeding, intentional or not. If the enemy wants you dead and the team can't protect you there isn't much you can do, even if you play insanely safe.

Matchmaking never knows what do with me, so it throws me out of my locked region into EU 4 man party games often. It's pretty surprising to see this and there isn't an ounce of synergy among their Gods, like 2 assassins + a hunter and for some reason any that pick a tank have never played a tank and moan about it the entire time.

Either way, something needs to be done. Right now the game balances a teams ELO average, which means if you have an above average+ ELO the game will give you subpar ELO teammates to compensate when it can't find people in your range. This wouldn't be inherently evil if it were the same on both sides, but the enemy could have relatively average ELOs across the board that amount to a similar sum to your own teams, which are far more stable than having 1~2 aces and 3~4 sacks of vegetation.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

I've made some comebacks in arena, but it is only possible if your team listens. The team that loses arena is ALWAYS the team that shows less aggression. You have to show them who is boss otherwise you won't win. Losses are ALWAYS due to your team playing more passively then the enemy team.

The worst players in arena are not the feeders, the worst players are the ones sitting by portal and saying Good Job! while they watch their teammates get killed with intention of peeling because "I'm too squishy". Arena is where you have to show some balls. If the enemy is not afraid of you you are not doing it right. The enemy has to know that you can punish them for being courageous.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 12-26-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Page 47 of 79 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast