Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26

Aside from her extremely underwhelming ult, I really like her.

Laned with a cupid and it was nuts. Never ending sustain, double stuns, alot of fun. Completely steamrolled our lane.

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

Played as Aphrodite and had a blast. I enjoy playing support so it was great. Got some kills, didn't die, and got a lot of assists.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94

How are you guys building her? From what I've seen on Smitefire and heard my item build seems a bit different, then again I pretty much just play Arena right now lol. This is what I generally roll with on Aphrodite; Vampiric Shroud*/Boots of Celerity/Chrono's Pendant/Gem of Isolation/Rod of Tahuti/????

I usually replace Vampiric Shroud pretty early, gives me a smoother start and I can just sell it back when I need to finish my later items if I'm gold starved, my last few items would probably be Stone of Gaia/Shield of Absolution depending on what's beating me up, If I'm being hardcore focused early I'll get one of them sooner. If everything's smooth sailing then probably the Talon since It's got great magic power and if she's in a pinch the passive is really useful since you're usually healing yourself at low hp, more heals especially in a pinch.

Celerity/Chronos, you lose 5% cooldown since that caps at 35 but it is NICE having maximum cool downs, allows you to switch between targets and heal really fast, and the movement speed helps with keeping up with whomever I'm linked with and hardcore baiting/evading the enemy. The gem is great for her 2 on a linked target, really screws the squishes especially with the cool down.

All of these items except gem/boots/talon have decent mp5 as well for your passive. 50 I think with just chronos and tahuti and more if you get gaia and/or absolution.

The obvious issues for me are a weak heal early game but with maximum frequency by the 2nd item, the heals don't really get okay until gem and not great until tahuti, also depends on how well your teams killing/farming since levels definitely help in the oomph department.
    Last edited by Stranger; 03-18-2013 at 02:50 AM.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Been playing at least a few matches a day lately. I'm annoyed at how long it's taking to reach level 30 =_= I reached level 21 tonight. I've been streaming a majority of my games since I decided to grab an Xsplit license (was only $15 for 3 months and I have a problem where I like to buy things that are cheap Plus it's nice to be able to record gameplay onto an external server so I don't have to worry about HD space). If you want to check out my past games and give me tips on how I did, twitch.tv/apocaka Not all of it is Smite, though.

Been playing a lot of Neith. I can safely say she's OP. Nothing compares to her, not even my beloved tanky ao kuang. She's great solo lane against multiple gods, great duo lane, great any lane, etc...

I prefer to build her for attack speed first, damage second. As always, I grab meditation right off the bat and then I pick a second active later on when it becomes apparent what is specifically needed (And I have a bit extra gold to spend).

Loki, played by a competent person, is the second most OP god. The only reason he isn't OP is because he requires a bit of skill to play correctly. Only 1 in 10 Loki's I come across seem to be a threat to me or anyone else.

As for Aphrodite, I haven't been playing her much. I tend to just grab a random build off of Smitefire for her and it usually works out well.

Anyone have any idea for a really interesting god to play? Something that doesn't get played often.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post

Anyone have any idea for a really interesting god to play? Something that doesn't get played often.
    Anubis is so disgustingly good, I dont understand why he isnt more popular. Farms extremely well, not terribly mana hungry, and once you get your ult you can practically 100-0 anyone if you land your snare.

I also don't know how interesting Bacchus is to play but I see never see him.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Anubis is so disgustingly good, I dont understand why he isnt more popular. Farms extremely well, not terribly mana hungry, and once you get your ult you can practically 100-0 anyone if you land your snare.

I also don't know how interesting Bacchus is to play but I see never see him.
    Anubis isn't played more, at least I think, because he is incredibly squishy. Yeah he can usually get a kill, but a lot of the time it leads to his own death as well.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 03-26-2013 at 12:19 AM.
    -Cingal

So Apollo is being added to the game. He looks like an OK god, definitely appears like he would be a bit over powered, but I will have to wait til I try him. One thing I immediately do not like is his meter. I wish hi-rez would stop adding those to the gods :/
    -Cingal

Im gonna hop on and try to get some games in with him. His ult definitely looks a bit ridiculous(move over Neith, your arrow isnt crap anymore) but Im assuming he'll get away with it as the rest of his kit looks a bit underwhelming.

I dont think the meter is going to be a problem either. It fills up after 10 attacks like cupids passive, and gives what appears to be a nice AS buff. This should hopeully allow for prioritizing heavy damage and lifesteal items over attack speed.

General Manager Reputation: 526

Bacchus is fun but has almost no damage whatsoever. It will drive you crazy CCing the hell out of an enemy with less than 400 hp left knowing he will whittle you down before you ever beat him. I dislike playing him without a premade but he wrecks when your team knows you're going to initiate ahead of time.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Stardew Valley
    History:Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Anubis is tough, he's insanely powerful but most of his hard hitting abilities make him stand in place and he's incredibly squishy on top of it, which is why you don't see him too much in high level play where great team work is present, with that said he's not around too much in casual because he can get shafted by being on a crappy team.

Apollo looks alright, I don't have an issue with his meter since it's actually AA stacks like many other Gods have, he just has a much better visual for it. I thought his ult would be really OP but it does take some time to get going, I've only seen him played by Bart in Arena so I can't really say too much about it.

Also, Bacchus is pretty powerful but he is a tank so you do kind of need a carry with you or at least someone else with exceptional CC so you can both bombard them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Been playing at least a few matches a day lately. I'm annoyed at how long it's taking to reach level 30 =_= I reached level 21 tonight. I've been streaming a majority of my games since I decided to grab an Xsplit license (was only $15 for 3 months and I have a problem where I like to buy things that are cheap Plus it's nice to be able to record gameplay onto an external server so I don't have to worry about HD space). If you want to check out my past games and give me tips on how I did, twitch.tv/apocaka Not all of it is Smite, though.
    I never had this problem and it always blew my mind that my friend who plays with me often is still in his early 20s, I don't really remember if I grinded like crazy but I played purely Arena from 7 to 30 and only felt like I was slowing down by 25.

I like watching Smite streams, do you use a microphone?
    Been playing a lot of Neith. I can safely say she's OP. Nothing compares to her, not even my beloved tanky ao kuang. She's great solo lane against multiple gods, great duo lane, great any lane, etc...
    I wouldn't say she's horribly OP, she's just insanely hard to pin down if she's not taking any risks and because of this people tend to ignore her in favor of a different target and end up getting rooted to hell and back.
    I prefer to build her for attack speed first, damage second. As always, I grab meditation right off the bat and then I pick a second active later on when it becomes apparent what is specifically needed (And I have a bit extra gold to spend).
    I usually roll with something like this: Death's Toll/Warrior Tabi/Executioner/Rage/Qins Blades/Death Bringer (Usually sell and replace Death's Toll to finish Rage unless I've hoarded a pile of Gold to buy it outright, Qins can be ignored, they are decent though) This is generally my go-to build for most ranged physicals, though I do have a weird Neith build that revolves more around support, but I don't think it would be nearly as useful in Conquest, just Arena.
    Loki, played by a competent person, is the second most OP god. The only reason he isn't OP is because he requires a bit of skill to play correctly. Only 1 in 10 Loki's I come across seem to be a threat to me or anyone else.
    Yeah, he stomps solo q but once he's faced with even average team work his job gets way harder.
    I would've suggested Bastet but she got a buff this patch, Arachne & Kali are still considered not too viable but can stomp solo q in a similar way to Loki provided they can outplay their lane and take a lead. I don't see Cupid and Freya all that often, but I've been playing Conquest on a smurf account so I can learn the mode in more detail before facing off against level 30 know-how, so I'm seeing what's being played in Conquest on a lower level now so I see a lot of just about every God on average since people don't know any better at this stage.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Apollo Update: Im bad at Apollo!

Seriously though, I think he might be in line for some buffs in the future. His cooldowns are all pretty long so if you blow a skill at the wrong time your either hurting your burst(which isnt that great) or throwing away your escape. His ult is also not the best thing ever. Despite appearances, it is incredibly hard to land and the longer you stay in the air the more mana you throw away. It'll eat your whole bar in a couple seconds during the early game.

I do like his passive though. Time it right and it adds a nice chunk of damage to your burst.

You might want to think about Jotunn's Wrath? It was changed in the patch;
    Jotunn’s Wrath
    The mana on this item has been reduced from 100/200/300 to 50/100/150.
    This item now has +5/10/15 physical penetration.
    I'm assuming it's still giving the ample CD reduction since the price wasn't changed.

What do you guys think about the new active ability Portal?
    Portal
    Using this item creates a portal entrance at your spawning location and a portal exit at your ground target. A player standing on the portal entrance will teleport to the exit, consuming both the entrance and exit in the process. Cooldown - 180s.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Going to do some games trying Apollo, if I can get him.

http://www.twitch.tv/Apocaka
    -Cingal

Cooldowns aren't the only problem. His kit just overall seems to be confused. He can't decide if he wants to be Cupid or Loki so he walks the middle ground and you end up with a weird ranged-carry, assassin hybrid. He can do both, but he doesnt seem to excel at either.

General Manager Reputation: 526

Indeed. I wasn't paying attention the first time I watched his spotlight and thought he was a support character for half the video. But I think that's kind of HiRez's goal is to make characters so hybrid that a true Meta never really develops like the restricting League of Legends realm.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Stardew Valley
    History:Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

I've got to say I'm quite mad that they took out the ability to have the lobby and the actual game be different resolutions. I enjoyed having my lobby at 1600x900 windowed, and the game at 1920x1080 fullscreen.

Streaming as Apollo http://www.twitch.tv/Apocaka
    -Cingal

So I tried out the Portal item a bit, It's pretty great especially for people in mid. You can just plop the portal down somewhere safe, b back to base and step into the portal made behind you and it'll zip you right back to where you originally placed it. Anyone else can use it, too.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

やめてください! Reputation: 296

I haven't been able to land a single Chariot. The animation is great and fun but it has such a long starting time.

No, I'm sticking to Neith.

I've been doing pretty good with Apollo. His chariot is also for killing people that think they've got away. It's hard to get used to the timing of it, though.

Good combos are 3, 2, 1. Or if you're going to kill someone who is under a tower: 4, 3, and maybe 2 if there's minions/players on your tail. His 1 does a lot of damage right off the bat. It's not to impressive later on in the game, but it helps a lot that you can take minions down to half hp by level 3-6. His real damage comes from his attack speed and crits, though. Added with life steal, he can become near unstoppable when fully built at level 20. Enemy Ymir's will literally run when they see you.
    -Cingal

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Not sure why they removed the protection buff on his 2 though.

I can't believe how fun Apollo is to play. Just had two great games. Kinda sad that I wasn't streaming during them :/ would have been nice to have the footage to look back at and see what I did right.
    -Cingal

I think I laughed a little too hard when I found this earlier, http://www.twitch.tv/smitegame/c/2088584
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

That's hilarious.
    -Cingal

Alright, figured I'd bump this with some information since the Heavens have started to move again.

Last week there was a patch without a God, so maybe you didn't see anything about it but here it is anyway. Main highlight is the Assault mode, which is just a fancy name for Smites ARAM game mode. Kali also received substantial buffs, but she did get nerfed a wee bit with the more recent patch. Loki lost 50% of the damage off of his aimed strike as well, fans were alarmed but I think Mages everywhere breathed a sigh of relief.

And here's the newest patch featuring the Chinese God Ne Zha.

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Also featuring 2 new abilities Blink & Shielded Recall (I believe this was temp removed for a bug) as well as changes to Motivate and Portal. Smite and Twitch have integrated now as well, making it so you can stream and chat within the client, you also receive a Twitch Ymir skin if you stream 5000 minutes of Smite. The Cacodemon Ymir skin was also released early.

There you go folks.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

My goodness Ne Zha is fun. There's not a single part of his kit I dont like. His 1 has stupid high early game damage, his 2 is an AMAZING steroid, his 3 is a fairly easy to land, hard cc and his 4 completely removes someone from a fight and wrecks them. His snowball potential is obscene as well. Hes a bit mana hungy(but who isnt in this game?) so running meditation is a good choice and obviously he's squishy but all in all he's a great god.