Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Pretty awesome video. Lol'd at the He Bo versus Wukong clip.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

So I saw on OnRPG homepage that a new god had been released, Neith. Along with the release the Neith came a pretty decent patch that included the removal of Focus. I like this, as I didn't like it in the first place and I am not sure why it was added to the game.

Anyways, I played a game with Neith and it ended pretty fast, only 20 or so minutes in. And when I got to the victory screen I got a surprise :P

Also, I am thinking about getting the new Ao Kuang skin. It looks about ten thousand times better than the default or the other skin.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 02-14-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

started playing this game and its pretty cool. really feelin the third person view. makes it seem more like an action game than moba.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 45

This reminds me so much of Savage. Currently D/Ling right now

'06
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    FFXIV
    EVE Online

Find me on twitter! @nikkonasty

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 42

I'm planning to play. Which God would you guys recommend for a beginner?

Quote Originally Posted by Zebracal View Post
    I'm planning to play. Which God would you guys recommend for a beginner?
    On page 2 we discussed what gods we recommend for new players.
    -Cingal

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Neith's pretty legit, and IMO fairly well balanced for a God that hasn't been smacked with a few updates. Her ulti is annoying, especially in Arena since she can smoke runners with ease but It's definitely not OP. I think the only thing I would do with her (at this time) is maybe increase the cooldown on her back flip a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I like this, as I didn't like it in the first place and I am not sure why it was added to the game.
    So people would have to make a decision between damage/defense and utility, using Ymir as an example - You would need to decide if you wanted your breath to stun for a longer duration by going for items with more focus or go for the prime items that help with damage or defense, so you could not do it all and enabled further customization in item builds.

Honestly, I liked the premise of Focus but it felt like they just tacked it onto items/skills and it did not feel integrated at all, and it really didn't help that their solution was slowly weeding it out until it was basically nonexistent instead of trying to change it.
    »Games & IGN«
    Wurm Online » Leviathan
    FFTA2
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

I've been playing Sobek quite a bit lately..he is tons of fun and really packs a punch.

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 15

the newest god when i played the game was that cat with his pilar and spears. i just ran random matches as him or hel, i remeber her before her pleatora of nerf so op so good =) i need to patch this game up and play some again

i think i quit and went back to lol because of how little you gain by winning matches you had to litteraly play 112 matches or somewhere around that number if half of em where won/lost etc to afford 1 god and when they all cost the same its a really big gametime investment to get 1 god even. is it still the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokeri View Post
    the newest god when i played the game was that cat with his pilar and spears. i just ran random matches as him or hel, i remeber her before her pleatora of nerf so op so good =) i need to patch this game up and play some again

i think i quit and went back to lol because of how little you gain by winning matches you had to litteraly play 112 matches or somewhere around that number if half of em where won/lost etc to afford 1 god and when they all cost the same its a really big gametime investment to get 1 god even. is it still the same ?
    I miss when Hel had the healing/damage laser thingies as her #1. It was so much more fun to play with that, in my opinion. But, her new #1 is also good. Makes it a lot easier to lane, I think.

A long while back, they implemented a system to give you 1,000 favor when you leveled up. Later on they reduced it down to 500 favor. Between leveling up and all the matches you played to level up, you can usually come close to affording a god (I think). Especially in the lower levels where you level up frequently.

By time you hit level 30, you would probably have enough favor to buy 5-6 gods, maybe more. That's on top of the free gods and the rotation gods, so you will end up with more than enough gods to keep things fun and interesting.

Personally, I found the game worth it buy the beta pack and so I get all 30 of the beta gods.
    -Cingal

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast