Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

It doesn't happen nearly as much in later levels, personally I didn't have these issues when I first started but it looks like it's gotten pretty bad.

Also, Hel is pretty complicated since she's essentially two roles in one. Keep in mind that you can go into practice and try any God you like.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

A Shrubbery Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    It doesn't happen nearly as much in later levels, personally I didn't have these issues when I first started but it looks like it's gotten pretty bad.

Also, Hel is pretty complicated since she's essentially two roles in one. Keep in mind that you can go into practice and try any God you like.
    How often is it at later levels? I just hit 13 and am pretty sick of it already. Just played another game after the one in my screenshot. Enemy Neith "DC'd". I really doubt people DC cos of connection problems due to the sheer frequency of it. I would say maybe 1/4 of my games are actually 5v5. It's kinda ridiculous, really. I think this is the worst community I've ever seen in an online game (and I've played SG/MY LoL server, so that's saying something...)

Yes, I did try practice mode, thanks ^^

I picked up Hel cos I thought I could heal up in lane... but she's not very easy to use.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 29

I main Hel. Shes super easy once you understand how to play her. First you make your 3rd ability, then your 1st. Never put a point into your ult cause its useless you don't even need it to change stances.. Get the cool down mage boots first. Then a void stone. ((The item that gives both magic damage and defense.)) Then go for the cooldown armor. Then from there do whatever, I usually get the tooth that gives lifesteal, then the staff that gives 30% more magic power.

Gameplay consists of you running up to someone using 2, then 3, then 1, then hitting 4, then using 3, 2, 1, then swapping back and repeating. You will end up outhealing most damage you take while dishing out A STUPID amount of damage. Personally the only reason I stopped playing her is because I think she might actually be overpowered and needs a nerf. I could easily 2v1 sometimes 3v1 as her with only a level or two above whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    How often is it at later levels? I just hit 13 and am pretty sick of it already. Just played another game after the one in my screenshot. Enemy Neith "DC'd". I really doubt people DC cos of connection problems due to the sheer frequency of it. I would say maybe 1/4 of my games are actually 5v5. It's kinda ridiculous, really. I think this is the worst community I've ever seen in an online game (and I've played SG/MY LoL server, so that's saying something...)
    It's hard to say really, It's not really consistent enough for me but maybe 1 out of 10~15 games? 50/50 on it being a connection issue, usually the people reconnect if that's the case. Most of the time it's a rage quit, which is usually obvious since they tend to flip out beforehand. (Might be less notable in early levels since people aren't haughty enough with "experience")

Your hidden ELO could be a contributing factor, It's just a theory but your run of bad games/disconnects might have dumped you with the tier of people who ruined their hidden ELO from disconnecting (which results in more rage/quits). Sort of a downward spiral, like I said, it's just a guess.

I also think it's very possible the rise in popularity has resulted in foreigners trying to play with a lack of understanding/horrendous Ping and saturated early levels with horrible games. I've actually ran into people at 30 with names like "fromchina" and such and it hadn't even been in Beta there for long at all.

The lower levels are also full of smurf accounts as well, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Stranger; 01-06-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Imaword2 View Post
    I main Hel. Shes super easy once you understand how to play her. First you make your 3rd ability, then your 1st. Never put a point into your ult cause its useless you don't even need it to change stances.. Get the cool down mage boots first. Then a void stone. ((The item that gives both magic damage and defense.)) Then go for the cooldown armor. Then from there do whatever, I usually get the tooth that gives lifesteal, then the staff that gives 30% more magic power.

Gameplay consists of you running up to someone using 2, then 3, then 1, then hitting 4, then using 3, 2, 1, then swapping back and repeating. You will end up outhealing most damage you take while dishing out A STUPID amount of damage. Personally the only reason I stopped playing her is because I think she might actually be overpowered and needs a nerf. I could easily 2v1 sometimes 3v1 as her with only a level or two above whoever.
    You know her ult has a fairly decent passive component to it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    It's hard to say really, It's not really consistent enough for me but maybe 1 out of 10~15 games? 50/50 on it being a connection issue, usually the people reconnect if that's the case. Most of the time it's a rage quit, which is usually obvious since they tend to flip out beforehand. (Might be less notable in early levels since people aren't haughty enough with "experience")

Your hidden ELO could be a contributing factor, It's just a theory but your run of bad games/disconnects might have dumped you with the tier of people who ruined their hidden ELO from disconnecting (which results in more rage/quits). Sort of a downward spiral, like I said, it's just a guess.

I also think it's very possible the rise in popularity has resulted in foreigners trying to play with a lack of understanding/horrendous Ping and saturated early levels with horrible games. I've actually ran into people at 30 with names like "fromchina" and such and it hadn't even been in Beta there for long at all.

The lower levels are also full of smurf accounts as well, unfortunately.
    I don't think it's my hidden ELO. I'm not a toxic player by any means I never leave/disconnect and I see through games to the end, and don't flame people. It's honestly just been like this ever since I've started. Two other people here in the last few pages alone have also agreed with mi that the amount of leavers is very high. I bet if you made a smurf now and tried playing, you'd encounter the same thing. Want to give it a shot?~

I am a foreigner. I stay pretty much halfway across the world from the USA (I'm in asia, GMT+8). Yet my ping is manageable and I don't disconnect. You can't really blame foreigners for this...

I know low levels are full of smurfs. I don't mind. People tell mi what to do, and I just follow as best I can. If the enemy has smurfs, it's pretty obvious (21/0 Apollo, etc)... it's not a huge deal playing with/against smurfs. I'm just not happy about the amount of AFK/DCs~~

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 29

Yes. But the ammount of damage/heal you get from maxing your E before putting a point into her ult is better.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

Yeah I'm getting super sick of leavers. Every loss I've had was because of leavers. Hell, I've even played 2v5's before. It's awful.

In other news, I almost have 5500 Favor to buy a god. idk who to buy because I've been trying a lot of gods recently and I love so many of them. Mages in general seem to be my preferred playstyle. Chronos, Zeus, Isis, Poseidon, Chang'e are my babies. <3

I really like Arachne and Kali too, though.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    I don't think it's my hidden ELO. I'm not a toxic player by any means I never leave/disconnect and I see through games to the end, and don't flame people. It's honestly just been like this ever since I've started. Two other people here in the last few pages alone have also agreed with mi that the amount of leavers is very high. I bet if you made a smurf now and tried playing, you'd encounter the same thing. Want to give it a shot?~
    I don't know what Hidden ELO has to do with your conduct... Your ELO is based on winning games plus a bunch of other factors, which can be ruined by games lost entirely because someone left/went afk/whatever. I also don't mind making a smurf, I have 3 accounts at 30 and I only did the other 2 to get some free gems from referrals. Playing low levels is decent for target practice but overall I would rather stay sharp vs 30's at this point since I'm interested in tackling League matches with some frequency soon.
    I am a foreigner. I stay pretty much halfway across the world from the USA (I'm in asia, GMT+8). Yet my ping is manageable and I don't disconnect. You can't really blame foreigners for this...
    I never really did put the blame entirely on them, this is happening for a myriad of reasons. I do think it could easily be part of the problem, I'm glad your Ping is manageable but there's a greater likelihood someones Ping is going to be worse the further they are from the server. There are many Australians playing for example, a good chunk of the time they're getting by with 300~400 Ping. I manage about 40 Ping on average, if I happen to get placed in an EU server I have to deal with 120~160 Ping and the delay is horrible.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

I think with the amount of rampant leaving in this game, everyone's 'hidden elo' would be ruined at lower levels if that is the case you are suggesting. Cos it's really everywhere. So in the end it balances out~~

Australia's ping should be similar to mine. Idk how to check ping in game, but I never notice any lag and I do pretty well reaction-wise so I don't really think I'm lagging.

Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast