Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

For new players I'd recommend watching ranked matches to see how the really good players play.

The game client stores replays of all ranked matches and it is available for viewing by everyone. Here is how you watch them:

First find a good ranked player's name, do this by clicking the League button (it is the last button to the right on the button menu, it looks like a shield). There on the side drop down choose platinum which will show leaderboard for platinum league-ers. After you have found a name, click the Profile button (looks like an msn messenger icon kindof), in the search field type in the person's name and click search, now you are looking at his profile. Click Recent matches and then click details icon for one of the ranked games. For Arena, ranked games are called Arena Challenge and for Conquest, Conquest Challenge. When you click the details icon it will show the endgame stats for that game, but additionally you have a button "View Replay" on the top next to the Match ID.

Buttons for camera controls in spectator mode should be in your keybinds.

General Manager Reputation: 346

I mostly stick to Arena, Assault, and Domination. I have a feeling that's a large part of why my experience is less toxic than most of the people getting into the game now.

Longer Games + Multiple Lanes + Mode Attracting Other MOBA Players = Mad Bros.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

I don't really get ragers in my games, or many smurfs. Just leavers (who are usually foreigners). And this happens in every game mode I play.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    I think with the amount of rampant leaving in this game, everyone's 'hidden elo' would be ruined at lower levels if that is the case you are suggesting. Cos it's really everywhere. So in the end it balances out~~

Australia's ping should be similar to mine. Idk how to check ping in game, but I never notice any lag and I do pretty well reaction-wise so I don't really think I'm lagging.
    Well, there could be those who don't experience many leavers early on, or land in more games where the enemy leaves. Ultimately, powering through levels should probably help, whether or not you want to deal with more crappy games to do so is up to you.

You can check your fps/ping with F8 (F6 being surrender so be careful :P)
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

Messing around.

I've actually stopped getting so many leavers after reaching 100% goodwill. I've actually gotten matched with a lot more smurfs, though (but they're usually on my team )

I ended up buying Chronos with my first 5500 Favor. I had too much fun with him in practice mode.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

A Shrubbery Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    I've actually stopped getting so many leavers after reaching 100% goodwill. I've actually gotten matched with a lot more smurfs, though (but they're usually on my team )

I ended up buying Chronos with my first 5500 Favor. I had too much fun with him in practice mode.
    I have never had less than 100% goodwill, so I would think that doesn't affect anything~~

The amount of ragers and smirks are definitely less than the leavers tho (by quite an amount...)

Well, the point of the goodwill system is to weed out toxic players from matchmaking. If you get punished for a report or if you leave a game, your goodwill is reduced to 0, iirc. Matchmaking matches you with players of similar goodwill, so toxic players end up being stuck with other toxic players in matchmaking.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Well, the point of the goodwill system is to weed out toxic players from matchmaking. If you get punished for a report or if you leave a game, your goodwill is reduced to 0, iirc. Matchmaking matches you with players of similar goodwill, so toxic players end up being stuck with other toxic players in matchmaking.
    I don't really think it's working. As I said I've never had anything less than 100% goodwill, it's ALWAYS 100% for mi. Yet I still get matched with these kind of people regularly...

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 26

As long as you dont ragequit, its pretty hard to lose your goodwill. You can be hyper toxic as long as you see your games through to the end.

Side note: I really wish they would hurry up and finish gold skins for everyone so they can focus on making more interesting skins. Stargazer Anubis is friggin badass and I'd like to see more quality skins like it.

Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast