Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Also somehow after the patch, my Goodwill was reset to 0, so I'm getting matched with leavers and noobs again...
    Should be alright, Goodwill really only effects your favor and possibly worshiper gain. However, new patches usually do draw everyone back in again, meaning more fleeting derpbags for a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaddy View Post
    For some reason I expected to be more scared of geb. I haven't encountered anybody really good with geb which is probably the problem though. I can kill him faster than any other guardian with kali at the moment. And even when they shield somebody it only takes a few seconds of attacking to take it down, doesn't make it much harder. I would love to come across somebody really excellent as geb because his skills look great and I am actually fond of his character model.

Keep in mind I ONLY play arena. I don't really like other modes, but I haven't given them a shot yet. I love the raw pvp aspect of arena despite minions being such a huge part. If anybody wants to add me my IGN is nostalgik. I'm level 18 almost 19. I usually play assassin type classes mainly kali(4)/loki(2).
    Yeah. You wont face too many people who are good with the God when it first comes out. Especially in Arena, Arena will just punch anyone who can't work together/protect themselves in the face and it doesn't help when the pinnacle support is some guy trying out the new God and failing horribly lol. First match I played, someone picked Geb and announced "I'm going damage", he didn't do bad though, something like 9/2. (Then again I did 17/0 with Cupid, felt like we got matched against a group of 15~20's :x)

The shield is pretty amazing, I can't really say much about your ability to chew through it since Kali can be such a beast especially if you're decent/good. That and it also depends on the Geb, how much health he's getting, etc. I still need to play more games, mostly seen streams of the new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    I havn't played in sooo looong :C
    How are the new gods? Especially Fenrir, i like his design, though i've always imagined him as more of a direwolf than a werewolf o-o
    He pretty much turns into a humongous dire wolf when he ults. And yeah, if Fenrir was your latest God you're in for a surprise at the rest + the reworked Gods.

Lots of people were against werewolf Fenrir so he's kind of a compromise, he moves on all 4's when he's walking around.

Also, Fenrir can be pretty good, he has 2 leaps (1 short one built into an attack and 1 longer one) and his ultimate is also a great escape, pretty friendly for new/revisiting peeps. Though, like mentioned before, since you need to get in close there's some degree of danger, just get out if you can't handle it and avoid fighting larger groups. Also the effect Cripple (prevents you from using abilities with leaps/dashes) can ruin his life, so beware Ares chains/Pos whirlpool/Cupid ult/Artemis traps and possibly some others I'm forgetting.
    Last edited by Stranger; 01-18-2014 at 03:57 AM.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

It's amazing how many players don't know how to play Arena properly

Yeah, there's pit falls even when they do... I've been in games where one guy goes to contest right camps, 2 go to mob speed+dmg and the other 2 go the traditional mana+dmg and just bungle the entire thing from the get go. I firmly believe a lot of these people aren't that bad, but people have very different plans of attack that end up clashing.

There's definitely a supple supply of morons, though.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

Noobs will be noobs. I'm pretty noob sometimes. Assault is pretty fun though.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Yeah, there's pit falls even when they do... I've been in games where one guy goes to contest right camps, 2 go to mob speed+dmg and the other 2 go the traditional mana+dmg and just bungle the entire thing from the get go. I firmly believe a lot of these people aren't that bad, but people have very different plans of attack that end up clashing.

There's definitely a supple supply of morons, though.
    I have yet to experience that (luckily) but my biggest peeve so far is when teams just focus on killing the enemy and letting the minions walk freely into out portal (losing us a lot of points), I guess a lot of players go in to arena thinking it's like Arena in WoW or Team Death Match in a FPS which I can understand to a degree.

General Manager Reputation: 353

Yea the new mode only punishes teams that don't know what they're doing further. Loving the speed on Geb's rollout for interrupting uncontested Manticores seconds before they walk into my portal.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. - FarmerM

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Geb:

Malphite:

Battle of the Rock Men, go!

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

If you look at Geb's shoulders and think of them as his hands it looks like he is giving you the finger with both hands.

yes... yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    I have yet to experience that (luckily) but my biggest peeve so far is when teams just focus on killing the enemy and letting the minions walk freely into out portal (losing us a lot of points), I guess a lot of players go in to arena thinking it's like Arena in WoW or Team Death Match in a FPS which I can understand to a degree.
    Yeah, It's especially annoying when they run right past the wave and can't even bother to lead them to the spawning friendly wave.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast