Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

their twitch tv app is broken and no longer working properly. unless they repatched it. i have 10mb upload and im lagging at lowest resolution.

but on twitch tv i can stream at 1440p at 50fps

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    So Nemesis is a thing.
    Did the 5th player ever load in or UI glitch? Not that it matters ultimately, she's definitely a thing. (Maybe even a thang?)

I don't know why, but when I see her I almost feel like it's a collective secret boner compiled of everyone's fantasy of Freya tossing magic to the wind and completely embracing the sword. (NOT A BAD THING)
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

I really upset with the fact that they are adding more and more sustain and damage immunity to the game. Pretty soon this game will become a repeat of GW2 where HP bar doesn't mean anything. Geb's shield, Chang'es immunity dance, now another aegis that heals and reflects on a low CD.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    I really upset with the fact that they are adding more and more sustain and damage immunity to the game. Pretty soon this game will become a repeat of GW2 where HP bar doesn't mean anything. Geb's shield, Chang'es immunity dance, now another aegis that heals and reflects on a low CD.
    Nemesis' shield has such a laughably short duration that it should only be a problem if you let it be and chang'e can get away with her dance because most of her damage is loaded into a single skill until she has the cdr to ult more frequently. Theyre both pretty easy to bait out as well.

That Geb shield though...I'd shed no tears if that was deleted. There is zero skill or counter-play involved with that stupid thing.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

One insta-lock Nemesis on my team that goes 1/13. One insta-lock Nemesis on the enemy team that goes 15/0.

I think I broke my SURRENDER button.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Nemesis' shield has such a laughably short duration
    Yeah, I heard Bart in the stream refer to it as kind of a "counter" ability.

I don't really mind all of these things, seeing as they regularly add copious amounts of hair-pulling CC/burst as well. Both elements at once really give flexibility to the skill shot aspect. It gets kind of stupid in solo Q when you get some duds though seeing as it is a team based game.

Anyway, a plant has my brain and I've been typing this for an undetermined amount of time and I haven't even played with the patch yet. I really should go do that now. :P
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Nemesis' shield has such a laughably short duration that it should only be a problem if you let it be and chang'e can get away with her dance because most of her damage is loaded into a single skill until she has the cdr to ult more frequently. Theyre both pretty easy to bait out as well.

That Geb shield though...I'd shed no tears if that was deleted. There is zero skill or counter-play involved with that stupid thing.
    I have exactly the opposite opinion. Chang'e and Nemesis's shields are more problematic for me because they are like moving Aegis. Geb's shield on the other hand can be blown up if the person finds himself in a bad position.

Nemesis's shield may be 1 second but 1 second is an incredible long time in this game. The worst part is when a Nemesis is CCed and and in the middle of 3 of your team members you know that the moment she gets out of CC she will pop her shield and double dash to safety with relative impunity. The same is the case with Chang'e. Chang'es Crescent moon dance can do a respectable amount of damage and is practically impossible to juke.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post

Nemesis's shield may be 1 second but 1 second is an incredible long time in this game. The worst part is when a Nemesis is CCed and and in the middle of 3 of your team members you know that the moment she gets out of CC she will pop her shield and double dash to safety with relative impunity.
    If shes cc'd in the middle of 3 of you teammates and lives to shield, your team is doing it wrong. Plain and simple. Unless shes building full tank of course, but she shouldnt even be a problem if thats the case.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

Nemesis got slammed by hotfix nerfs that halved her scaling. HiRez balance team pls.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

I think they always make new gods really powerful at first and later nerf so that players get the motivation to try to learn to play them and become familiar with the mechanics.

Many of the underused gods have a lot of dormant potential. Just as an example, recently we have been seeing COG, the top team in NA, use Ra a lot despite the fact that he is not a favored god. They have been using him to great effect with his team healing potential.

Vamana wasn't played competitively for many many months until one team (I think Dignitas?) first showed that he could be built as an assassin and become a hard carry endgame with his ult. Before that everyone played him as a tank.

Thanatos is rarely used in Tournaments yet Shing played him so effectively today that COG was forced to ban him.

If anyone missed today's tournament COG was defeated by SNIPE in the second final game, that was the third match COG ever lost in the entire tournament series. They still won the first and third games so they won today's tournament (yet again...).

SNIPE is a really good team imo, the only bottleneck on thier team is Incontenentia who is a very sub-par player as he has shown in today's tournament. Also Allied is not as good of an ADC as Baracuda.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 02-09-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast