Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
  1. #641
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,604
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Here's the notes guys. SCCCYYYYLLLLLAAAA!

    They removed Fatalis and Gem of Binding... my favorite Zeus item combination in the universe was Hastened Fatalis + Binding, plus Hastened is my favorite item on Hunters too... This is going to take some getting used to.
    They removed regular Fatalis, Hastened Fatalis is under a new branch: Ancient Blade.

    I couldn't play my lovely Freya without it.

  2. #642
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85
    Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Oh that's fine then, I never cared for regular old Fatalis. Binding will be missed though it was pretty niche I admit.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

  3. #643
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23
    Geffreyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,076
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    From the epic The Oddyssey and also from the Hercules disney movie I had the impression that Scylla was a serpentine hydra not a dog headed hydra attached to a little girl's privates.

  4. #644
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,604
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    From the epic The Oddyssey and also from the Hercules disney movie I had the impression that Scylla was a serpentine hydra not a dog headed hydra attached to a little girl's privates.
    Lore-wise she should look like this:


    But yeah... Hi-Rez took their artistic freedom to the limit.

  5. #645
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23
    Geffreyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,076
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Lore-wise she should look like this:


    But yeah... Hi-Rez took their artistic freedom to the limit.
    Thanks, I can fap to that.

  6. #646
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 26
    imported_JoshuaBojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post

    But yeah... Hi-Rez took their artistic freedom to the limit.
    Not calling anyone out here, just using this as a segway, but I never understood why people are so critical of Hi-rez and their god designs. No matter how many gods they have to choose from, at the end of the day they dont get to make original characters. If they want to go completely left field with something, I think its completely justified...especially when they have big fantasy moba's to compete with.

  7. #647
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23
    Geffreyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,076
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Gotta say... Scylla is pretty terrible. She is almost as bad as Ao Kuang. Her abilities are so easy to juke and she is completely countered by beads if you mess up and get hit by her root.

    She is basically a noob killer similar to Ao Kuang.

  8. #648
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,604
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Not calling anyone out here, just using this as a segway, but I never understood why people are so critical of Hi-rez and their god designs. No matter how many gods they have to choose from, at the end of the day they dont get to make original characters. If they want to go completely left field with something, I think its completely justified...especially when they have big fantasy moba's to compete with.
    It all started with Geb though, when they didn't give him a snake aspect all hell broke loose. It's sort of weird though since Apollo's appearance and Athena's accent aren't particularly true to their lore.

    I care more about their kits than their design to be honest. If they manage to add a little bit of the God's lore on their abilities, then that's alright.

  9. #649
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 26
    imported_JoshuaBojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    Gotta say... Scylla is pretty terrible. She is almost as bad as Ao Kuang. Her abilities are so easy to juke and she is completely countered by beads if you mess up and get hit by her root.

    She is basically a noob killer similar to Ao Kuang.
    Her 2 is super easy to land if you detonate as soon as it lands.

    Beads dont counter her either...her snare is nice for free ult hits but other than that her 1 is primarily a contributor to her burst. If you need the snare to land her other abilities you probably shouldnt be playing her.

    And her ult is bonkers. Huuuuge cleanup potential. Darius ult on a burst mage? Yes pls.

    Her 3 is the only underwhelming part of her kit as far as Im concerned. Zero incentive to not max it last

  10. #650
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,604
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I have seen so many terrible Scyllas miss their ult, or using it on a full health tank. Can't wait for this week to be over (and next, probably).

Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •