Smite [Discussion] God-themed MOBA

Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
    Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    Playing Aphrodite i think i have to really use the Kiss ability to attack, but i usually miss because you have to lead your target quite well.
    Don't really need to actually unless it's a huge misplay by an opponent that's too hard to give up. A well timed kiss to your teammates and ult is more important than blowing your kiss and waiting for the cooldown while someone in your team dies. Normally I only kiss opponents when we have the upper hand or an almost dead opponent is running away. If they don't buy perstilence/divine ruin/ brawlers beat stick against an aphro, they'll just die from the sustain aphro can give to her team.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    yea smite hasyea smite has some amazing stereo sound. I will try those with Ao Kuang! ( i already have my mouse on max speed+accel). Playing Aphrodite i think i have to really use the Kiss ability to attack, but i usually miss because you have to lead your target quite well.
    IMO mouse acceleration or smart move or whatever you want to call it is bad to have as it leads to unpredictable mouse movements. Basically what it does is that it makes it such that when you move the mouse the pointer starts slow but as you move it more the pointer gets faster and faster. I guess you might get used to it, but with very skill shot dependent gods like ADC's it will be tough to control your aim.

With projectile skillshots like kisses it just requires practice, you get better and better at aiming them over time. Sometimes it can get really costly to miss those skill shots. If you miss Anhur's Impale on a Loki for instance it might mean the death of yourself or an ally. Ah Muzen Cab's ulti goes on full cooldown if you miss it and goes on a short cooldown if you hit it and grab the stinger afterwards.

ADC is the MOBA lingo for physical damage ranged characters. In this game they are also called Hunters. If you want to know the roles for each god go to the Gods tab in the smite client and click the filter dropdown menu.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 04-20-2014 at 02:38 PM.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

lawsuit i mean instabuy plz.

I wish the client recorded replays for casual games. I want some kind of trophy for some of the amazing plays I've made.

Few days ago I used beads to get out of an arachne pull IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PULL! It pulled me halfway.

Today I saw a Nu wa circle go behind a wall and I used He bo's water spout to get her while she was behind the wall! (And invisible)

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    I wish the client recorded replays for casual games. I want some kind of trophy for some of the amazing plays I've made.

Few days ago I used beads to get out of an arachne pull IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PULL! It pulled me halfway.

Today I saw a Nu wa circle go behind a wall and I used He bo's water spout to get her while she was behind the wall! (And invisible)
    Have you tried /replay MatchID

As far as I know that only works if you have match recorded. It is only recorded if someone spectates the match or if it is a ranked match.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 41

Has anyone tried the new Siege game mode? The pro players are saying that it might become a competitive game mode if they make some adjustments. Who knows, we might be seeing the birth of a whole new MOBA archetype. The MOBA tower defense paradigm hasn't changed ever since the original DOTA all the way from the WC3 days, so it might be a refreshing new reimagining of a classic.

(Remember it's still in beta so give your feedback on forums)

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

honestly think it's a welcome addition to Smite, and I'm a big fan of the two-lane 5v5 map ala Dawngate since no solo lanes means (hopefully) no *****ing about "solo or feed" and encourages more mix-matching of the lanes outside of one being your typical ADC+support/tank lane. also easier to learn a character/role in lane when you have a partner to back you up from my POV

the only thing tricky about the map honestly is the siege minions. by themselves yeah, they should be fine, but the fact that you can TP to them from base makes things all kinds of eeeehhhh.
    Messing around.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    Has anyone tried the new Siege game mode? The pro players are saying that it might become a competitive game mode if they make some adjustments. Who knows, we might be seeing the birth of a whole new MOBA archetype. The MOBA tower defense paradigm hasn't changed ever since the original DOTA all the way from the WC3 days, so it might be a refreshing new reimagining of a classic.

(Remember it's still in beta so give your feedback on forums)
    I love it, but it's way too easy to steamroll. Needs some work but it's pretty fun. 3rd favorite mode of mine I would say after arena and conquest.

Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast