Available Quests

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Available Quests

I am looking for an MMO with a system in place to notify you of available quests, beyond just showing them on the mini-map. Ideally, it will display new quest icons on the area/world map, but if it's in the form of an available quest log, that will be fine.

I've played several MMO's and looked into many more, but so far the only MMO's I've found that have such a system in place are:

1.) Runes of Magic
    2.) Perfect World
    3.) Forsaken World

Out of the above, I liked the way they handled new quest notification in Runes of Magic the most, so a system like that would be ideal.

Also, I'm willing to try any MMO as long as it fits the questing criteria I just mentioned, whether it's pay to play or free to play. I'd prefer not to have to install add-ons to do it (like WoW). If it's pay to play, I'd prefer there to be a demo so I can at least try before I buy.

Can anyone add some MMO's to this list for me? Thanks.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Guild Wars 2 has a dynamic questing system. Certainly my personal favorite... But there is no demo.

Is Spiral Knights your style of graphics? I don't know why I mention it; perhaps the dungeon-progression with harder and harder puzzles. There aren't quests. It is just puzzles and monsters to complete each level.

I know a good one - Google
    It will tell you every quest, every quest-location, every quest requirement,

For example, "warlock epic mount wiki" will tell you how to get an epic mount for warlocks in WoW... If you type 'quest', 'guide', 'wiki', or the name of the MMO you are playing, following by the name of the quest, you will get a list of quest guides with relevant info and links. This is how you can play any MMO with a system to notify you of all available quests.

Runescape has a LOT of content in terms of questing... I'm not really sure what you are looking for though; something with lots of questing where you DON'T have to talk to NPCs to receive quests? I dunno, PlanetSide 2?

Some games similar to RoM, PWI and Forsaken World are Allods, Everquest II, FFXIV A Realm Reborn (coming soon), RIFT, Warhammer, Continent of the Ninth, and Aion.

Aion is very popular - and for good reason. So keep your eyes peeled for FFXIV A Realm Reborn, and depending on your budget give Aion / Guild Wars 2 a try.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, but your response confuses me.

Talking with NPC's to receive quests is fine. I just don't like scouring areas for hours looking for that one quest I might have missed, or that might have become unlocked after I explored there.

And I don't want to sit down with a wiki and have them hold my hand through every part of the process - that ruins the fun. I don't want help in solving the quests, just finding them.

Guild Wars II, Rift, and Aion - none of them have the system in place I mentioned. I did download Everquest II earlier today when I saw that it does have this system, so we'll see how that goes.

In the meantime, if anyone else has any games to add to the list that provide the available quest notification(s) that I mentioned, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by SentinelBasch View Post
    I just don't like scouring areas for hours looking for that one quest I might have missed, or that might have become unlocked after I explored there.
    I was confused too. Now that you elaborate, I do not think I am very knowledgeable on the subject so I mentioned Guild Wars 2 and Aion since they have good PvE content.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Thanks again for responding.

So far, I'm really liking Everquest 2. It's not perfect, but it has the best balance of what I'm looking for. The graphics are not as polished as some more modern MMO's, but they are still nice, and I actually like looking at my character. I have a subscription to have it all unlocked, and $14.99/month is very reasonable. The cash shop is also well-balanced - good convenience but not pay-to-win. The questing aspect is pretty superb - thus the name, I suppose.

So, I think I'll be sticking with this one for a while. Thanks again.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

LOTRO

this has a quest log book, quest icons and a direction marker on your map to show you where to go for your selected uest.
    in fact, i think it may even have an auto navigator to that direction marker.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 42

I see what you mean. I found this very helpful. For me when I played Cabal, not only you will receive your quest for that level but you can also check your future quests. For example you reached level 40 and received the quests for that level, when you check your quest tab or log. You can also check the quests for the next level which is for 41. You will already have the idea and NPC on what to do next. You can choose which quest you want to prioritize.

Sadly you cannot view higher that 1 level.