What is the best soe game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Default What is the best soe game

Im looking to start back up with them after I had a dream about everquest days last night. What currently is their best game ?

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 52

Tough call, though you could go for Vanguard as it's F2P and follows the EQ1 style.

I dunno if I wanna try vanguard or not isnt it kinda more dead than eq is ?

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 52

Is it? I know the population went up a bit not long ago when the class/race restrictions were removed from the game. Haven't touched it in awhile myself. Otherwise you're stuck with Wizardry Online(Permadeath), Planetside 2, Everquest 2(Which people say is worse than Vanguard, but more populated on a few servers), or DCUO(Superhero fun time).

The site is saying the main server is at medium population too, though I don't know how many people that would be.

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

I would say go ahead and give Vanguard a go. It's a great game and the population was decent last I looked. Not incredible. Based on the recent changes (removing all leveling/race/class restrictions for F2P characters, allowing F2P players to have houses, etc...), I would say the population is continuing to rise atm.

Other than that DCUO is probably the most populated at the moment. I have heard good and bad things about Everquest 2. People say its not near as great as EQ was, but at the same time I see a lot of people saying they play it (and enjoy it).

Of course, if you're not looking for an MMORPG, Planetside 2 is definitely a great option.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

stay away from eq2 unless you want to subscribe, the game got butchered really badly.

vanguard is GREAT if you love games like eq, though.
    dcuo is overall really fun, too.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Thanks ill give vanguard a go. I have an eq2 account I have a full membership free for life thanks to my days being a guide. But I never really liked eq2

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    stay away from eq2 unless you want to subscribe, the game got butchered really badly.
    How so? I recall being ecstatic that I could play on 'Trial of the Isle' for a whole year without subscribing. But at the time I was too busy with Maple Story and Ragnarok.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

I think they are talking about the f2p model they took up recently. Its not really f2p but the claim it is if you dont sunscribe thoguh there are far to many limitations.

Banned Reputation: 34

only game i like from soe is Dc universe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast