looking for sci-fi mmo

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default looking for sci-fi mmo

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good sci-fi MMORPG to play. I currently play Eve and enjoy it, but I want to try something new as well. It doesn't have to involve space ships. I'd like a game with at least one class that uses guns of some sort, open world, sandboxy, maybe something with multiple planets to explore (not a requirement), player controlled economy, excellent pvp/pve and storyline. Oh, and vehicles/mounts, can't forget that.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by pilot2fly View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good sci-fi MMORPG to play. I currently play Eve and enjoy it, but I want to try something new as well. It doesn't have to involve space ships. I'd like a game with at least one class that uses guns of some sort, open world, sandboxy, maybe something with multiple planets to explore (not a requirement), player controlled economy, excellent pvp/pve and storyline. Oh, and vehicles/mounts, can't forget that.
    Star Trek Online,Entropia Universe,Anarchy Online,Bounty Hounds Online,Face of Mankind,Cosmic Break,Star Conflict,SWTOR,Otherland,LAW,Taikodom,Perpetuum,Ea rthrise,Armada Online,ACE Online
    Last edited by Gforce97; 02-04-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

I would suggest Star Trek Online, Entropia (if you have money to spend), Anarchy Online, Face of Mankind.

I would also suggest Shores of Hazeron if you are able to deal with bad graphics in the face of infinite gameplay possibilities.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Entropia Universe

EntropiaPlanets - Fan Site I am involved with
    Entropia Wiki

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

Discovery Freelancer F2P server.
    This is pretty much a simplified EVE Online without the pay to play payments.

The most epic single player game in the space exploration genre that i know of is called Battlecruiser 3000AD.
    Why is it so epic? Because no one has ever actually completed exploring it. That is right, there is no walkthrough, the game is massive, you can take your starship from planet surface out to space, there is combat, there are very many stars to visit and yes, no one knows what is out there. The reason for this is because on initial release the game was so buggy no one bothered to go furthr. But they fixed the bugs and everyone admitted its a massive game but... no one finished the game.

once i even tried multiplayer Freespace 2 (this is more just an action combat lobby space sim) but has massive ships.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 42

I would like to add RF Online to the list, since this is one of my first sci fi MMO's that I played. It consists of three races, halfling human the Bellato's, space elves the Cora's, and a race of robots the Accretian's. Each race has a specialty, the Bellatos have a mecha suit that can have a melee or range specialty, the Cora's have their summoning abilities, and the Accretian's have their heavy artillery cannons.

I don't know if this could be considered Sci Fi, its Cabal Online, where a renamed planet called Navareth and it was devastated by an evil entity called Cabal, and the world setting is a post apocalyptic genre, the game has Hover bikes and Hover boards as mounts.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Gforce97 View Post
    LAW
    Ooh..! Haven't heard of this!
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 72

you can try Warframe... that the sci-fi game im into right now

and yeah! like what ^ he said you can play cabal too wif me and others yay
    There are people who play games and then there are gamers.