MonsterMMORPG - Free Browser Based MMORPG For Pokemon Lovers - V2 Started

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

Cool

Gameplay tutorial video 1080p full HD :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04cfFZMEgvU&hd=1
    Free Browser Based Pokemon Style Monster MMORPG Game Developer

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 19

Gave it a go, played for about 6 hours and came away with some pros/cons of it.

(WARNING: I'm not pulling any punches on these.)

Pros:

1. LOTS of different creatures, I mean good god were there a lot of them, 30 or so in just the first bushes I found alone.

2. Many of the creatures were very well drawn and designed in appearance, no living refrigerators with eyes named "presevarator" that I saw. And they didn't all look "cute" like 99.9% of all new pokemon do today. (The pokemon game is now marketed solely at girls in my opinion.) Some were genuinely awesome/scary as hell.

3. Huge number of varied skills for each creature.

4. Graphics are well done, and look just like a good, old, color pokemon game.

5. Multiplayer was interesting with others moving around, sadly only 2-3 of the 50+ standing around seemed to active/online. Never got to try pvp fights due to a lack of a players responding.

6. Helpful players/gm's in chat, I asked a lot of questions, and got help at every turn.

Cons:

1. With this many creatures, obviously some look pretty bad and out of place. But I think it's to be expected with this quantity. At least it's not current pokemon with most looking like crap with an odd one that doesn't.

2. Combat was pretty bad aesthetically, it feels... just... bad. As if you were playing pokemon on a calculator. (And not even a scientific one.) There are no animations at all, no music, no sounds, not even something moving/flickering/changing. Just pop-in text. This could literally BE done on a calculator in it's current form. This needs to change before I could get into this game. It just needs... hell anything at all to make it look/sound like a fight and not you reading a IM chat box with a pokemon image attached.

3. Some skills were """WAY""" overpowered and one shot everything in sight that wasn't immune. I had a level 2 critter with a skill that one shot level 15 creatures every time. I literally won against a 5 critter trainer fight by pressing a single button 5 times and took 0 damage one hit K.O.'ing each time, creatures 6-7 times my level. ZERO challenge whatsoever. (Please remove the "Always does x amount of damage." skills that one shot everything below level 20. And I saw some on lists that could likely one shot upto level 30-40's.)

4. Blinding complexity in creature stats. Now I "love" depth in my games, but I had to ask 40-50 questions in chat and look up two separate wikis just to figure out what the "basic" stats were. Each creature has 3 sets of stats that all inter-correspond, some are fixed, some fluctuate, then they are affected by 4 variable attributes unique to each creature within the same type. I felt like I was studying for an exam back in college just to play the game. None of that was made any better by me having to leave the game and it's site just to find the tiniest bit of info on these things either. This can largely be solved with info provided on the stats screen by hoverover or a button. Alternatively, simplify it. (And I've never said that before for a game, can't believe I found one that vastly exceeded my complex... screw it make it my desired "confusion" expectations.)

5. UI, good god is it a mess. It took ages just to figure out how to look up info on my creatures by trying everything. It was really truly awful. My only advice here... start over. What exists now is an unsalvageable catastrophe. I'm not sure if it could be made any more difficult to navigate if someone intentionally tried to make it worse. (Even throwing every command onto a single page alphabetically listed would be an improvement, I'm really serious.)

----

Sorry to be so harsh on the cons, but most of it is warrented. Still I'd say with some major improvements it could actually "surpass" pokemon in every way. You already have better made creatures, and more of them, now all that needs work is the combat/UI/sound effects. Maybe that's not such a small thing after all. Still it could be a damn fine game with some hard work.
    Last edited by Blackomen; 02-15-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Nice post, Blackomen. Got me more interested in the game. Even though it has a lot of negatives, it seems to have a lot going for it, as well. Will probably have to give it a whirl one of these days.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

@Blackomen thanks a lot for great reply

Hopefully i will start coding v3 and it will whole UI redesign

Other things are also pretty correct. Thanks for suggestions

Special weekend EXP & Gold bonus event started

250% EXP and 250% Gold bonus from all battles

If you are a newbie please watch full hd 1080p gameplay tutorial video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04cfFZMEgvU&hd=1

Home page : http://www.monstermmorpg.com

Special weekend event started at Monster MMORPG

www.monstermmorpg.com

200% EXP and Gold bonus from all battles (Wild Monster and NPC battles)

And here 6 random monsters from V2

Monster MMORPG Special Weekend Bonus Event Started
    200% Gold and Experience Bonus from all battles
    Time to battle

http://www.monstermmorpg.com

Here 6 monsters from V2

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

well, tried to play, but every few minutes, or anytme i select a creatur ein battle, it boots me back to teh home page.

i did an update for this matter
    can you delete your cache and try again

Extremely special weekend event started at @ www.monstermmorpg.com

During weekend, rare monsters appear ratios are doubled.

Which means you will double likely be able to catch, zenith, legendary and even ancient monsters

Also we have got our new brand google plus page please follow us

Brand monstermmorpg on google : https://plus.google.com/+MonsterMMORPG/posts

And here 6 random rare monster

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast